Millicent Smith Makeup Artistry

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Millicent did a fantastic job on my make up for my wedding this summer. She was professional, knowledgeable and extremely receptive to my needs. As a person who doesn't know much about make up, I needed a lot of guidance. She was easy to work with, patient and very nice. In the end, my make up was GORGEOUS and exactly what I wanted. The make up help up beautifully for the entire evening. I highly recommend her services.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I can't say enough great things about Millicent. She made me look fabulous!!! My mom, mother in law, and bridesmaids all looked amazing, thanks to Millicent. I knew I was in good hands when Millicent came to my house for my makeup trial and we talked and laughed for almost 2 hours. She was uber professional and very responsive to me and my family. She made sure I knew what she was doing every step of the way and she made sure I got exactly what I wanted and was happy with the end result. I looked flawless my entire wedding day and everyone commented on my makeup. I was extremely surprised by how quickly she worked on the day of my wedding. Her assistant was unable to assist her that day, which she'd made me aware of days prior, that advanced notice allowed us to adjust the timetable. I appreciated that she cared enough to give herself more time to get us all done in the agreed upon timeframe and she did just that. I would HIGHLY recommend Millicent to anyone looking for a professional, caring, and extremely talented makeup artist. She will ensure you look like yourself, just a better version. I look forward to another special event so that I can work with Millicent again. She's the best!!!!

Private User
1+ year ago

Millicent did an AMAZING job!!! She did myself, the bride, some of my bridesmaids, the mother of the bride, and mother of the groom. Everyone looks spectacular and I would highly recommend her to everyone! She took her time and allowed plenty of time to make sure that everyone looked perfect :)

Stephanie
09/14/2013

Millicent was so great to work with on my wedding day! She was so easy to get in touch with and the bridal trial makeup session was extremely helpful to decide what type of makeup to get on my wedding day. She was always on time and professional, even dealing with some of the wedding day craziness. The makeup was flawless and perfect! I would recommend Millicent to anyone wanting that special touch on their perfect day!

Millicent Smith Makeup Artistry responded with the following comments:

Thanks a million for your review Stephanie! It was such a joy meeting and working with you, your mom, and your sister. I hope that your wedding day was everything you dreamed of! I'm so happy to have been a part of it. My best wishes to you and Tyler!

Whitney
09/07/2013

Millicent was an absolute delight. She did an incredible job on my bridal makeup, as well as on my bridesmaids and mom. Every look she created was spot on--exactly what we wanted!

She was flexible with time, a great communicator, and truly made me feel like a princess on my wedding weekend. I would recommend Millicent to anyone for ANY event. She is sweet, sincere, and very talented!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Millie was great very she was professional and had such a sweet disposition. I used her for my bridal photo's and my wedding day I looked awesome and had so many compliments! You can not go wrong with her!!

Shannon

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Loved Millicent! I don't think you can find A better make up artist around. My make up looked great for my trial and even better for my wedding. The colors were beautiful and held up all night (even with the heat and humidity). Millicent was great to work with and answered my many questions about make up. I cannot recommend her enough!

vero
06/15/2013

It was my daughter's gift for my wedding.At first I did not think it was going to be a big deal.Boy,was I wrong and super wrong.This really nice young lady was there on time and as I look at the photo,she made me look the best I could have looked.I wish I had her talent but for now all i can do is totally recommend her as a perfect make-up artist for anybody's wedding or any fancy occasion you want to look your best.

Private User
2+ years ago

Words can't describe the gratitude I have for Millicent. She really came through and saved my mother's wedding day.

A couple of weeks prior to the wedding, my mum told me I was to do her wedding make-up. Now, my talent in doing make-up is zero. Zilch. It doesn't even exist. A blind woman could do their make-up better than I can my own. So I think it goes without saying that I went into panic mode upon my mother's request. I emailed several make-up artists and got a couple of replies. Many were happy to help out, however their prices and requirements before the wedding day were I thought a bit unreasonable for only 2 people, especially considering there were only two weeks to go before the big day.

Millicent however was the complete opposite. She got back to me straight away with flexible requirements and just all around very reasonable. There were a few time changes before hand and she easily went with the flow. She arrived right on time and did absolutely the most beautiful job on both myself and my mum. My mum is still thanking me for getting a professional make-up artist for her wedding. The photos don't do any justice to the amazing work Millicent did.

If I ever have to plan large event in the Hampton Roads area, I wouldn't turn to anyone else.

Gabrielle
05/25/2013

Millicent and her helpers were so great. My venue was pretty difficult to get to and they got there on time and ready to work. They were so nice and very helpful.

Millicent even helped calm me down as I was breaking out in hives! My makeup and my bridesmaids makeup looked so good. Everyone asked who had done it because it looked so great.

I would definitely go with Millicent again, she was wonderful.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Ms. Millicent was outstanding!!! I lost my current artist due to an injury and was blessed to find Ms. Millicent at the last minute. We didn't have a chance to have a consult, and i emailed pictures to her as requested of my likes of diffrent styles of make up. Nonetheless, she had me looking beyond amazing, She is very professional and precise..if your not happy she isn't happy..I WILL RECOMMEND HER FOR ANY EVENT! She even waited for my mother whom was running late...SHE IS THE BEST!

Candice
03/23/2013

Millicent was AWESOME! She made me look and feel like I was queen for a day :) I had so many compliments on how I looked and I owe it all to Millicent!

Amouy
11/02/2012

Millicent did the make-up for my bridesmaids, the mothers and myself and we all looked absolutely phenomenal! Everyone kept commenting on how flawless we all looked and how natural our make-up was. She was very patient with us all and very professional! Thank you so much for making our day spectacular!

lateshia
10/13/2012

I was more than pleased with Millicent's mua services. She did a remarkable job. I have since recieved request for her contact info. Millicent contributed to making my wedding day very special and I would hire her again in the future.

Anonymous
10/06/2012

Highly recommended! Pleasant, patient, and professional. I couldn't ask for! Loved Ms. Millicent.