Michael J. Distasio - Photographic Artist ~ HD Video Production

Flexibility:
 (0.8/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  0.0
Please don't use ! He is a scam artist! They take your money and run ! If they do produce a product they give it to you years later !!!!
Wedding: 09/11/2013
  • Flexibility:  0.0
My fiancé and I booked Michael Distasio for our July wedding. Prior to booking us, Michael was very accommodating and responsive. That soon changed. We scheduled our engagement session with Michael in NYC. He showed up to the shoot with his wife and daughter dressed unprofessionally and without his glasses. We spent most of the session walking around from place to place, not posing. As far as the pictures, they were armature, point and shoot. Michael did not suggest any creative poses or shoot from various angles.
Michael is difficult to get in touch with and does not return phone calls or emails. Do not use this "photographer".
Wedding: 01/26/2013
0.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Value:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  0.5

Anonymous 1 Reviews
I would like to share my experience with everyone because I would HATE for anyone to go through what I have been going through. It has been over 2 months since my wedding and still have not received my thank you cards yet. Everytime I speak with Michael and his wife, they come up with another excuse as to why I have not received my thank you cards. I will admit that they were on time on the day of my wedding; however I will admit that alot of very important pictures were NOT taken: picture of the ice sculpture, picture of the bride and groom with the in-laws, and pictures of the bride and groom's wedding bands! At this point in time, I am wondering if I will ever receive my thank you cards, wedding album, and videos. Please take this into consideration because it might happen to you and it is an awful feeling and it should not be this way at all. Lastly, I paid over$ 5,000 for these services and have not received ANYTHING!!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  0.0
DO NOT USE!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANYONE RECOMMENDING THIS MAN OR HIS WIFE SHOULD BE SUED!!!!

September 25, 2013 - 4:35PM
Little Falls Municipal Court in session

Wedding Photographer Michael J. De Rubeis (A.K.A. Michael J. Distasio) was arrested on multiple counts of disorderly persons, theft by deception, and impersonation charges.

In court today his bail was set at $7500 and is due in Passaic County Court where we will face the Grand Jury on October 15, at 8:30AM.

Anyone who has contracted this photographer for their wedding, whether under his real name Michael J. De Rubeis, or another alias (Michael J. Distasio, Creative Photography and Video, MKD Studio of Photography and Video, KM Photography and Video, Inc., CP Photography & Video, Impressive Images Photography and Design, Inc. or MK Photographic Artist) is encouraged to contact the Little Falls Police Department at 973-256-2411. File a complaint immediately. The detective handling the case is Detective Sgt. James Briggs.

Also, contact an attorney for legal advice in bringing civil charges against him. It is also advised that you contact the Attorney General and request that they bring civil charges against this man and his wife Kathleen De Rubeis, as they have scammed more than 70 victims in New Jersey, plus 60 or more victims in New York that they were charged for and sued for back in 2003.

Wedding: 07/03/2012
2.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
Ehhhh not that great, Michael himself didn't even come he sent two ladies one which was his wife she was nice and then a pregnant girl that was complaining about walking around to much, stairs etc. We were going to Verona Park they hit a traffic light ended up going to the wrong side by the time they made it our way we only had time for literally 3 pictures...super disappointing. I hope the albums are nice..
Wedding: 05/18/2012
1.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Value:  3.0

Anonymous 1 Reviews
I will begin by saying that it is now Febraury (almost a year later) and I still dont have my album, despite their contract timeline. They have made every excuse in the book as to why I don't have it, from personal family issues to professional equipment issues. I have asked for my money back many times, and everytime I do they annouce that they are about finished and that I will have my album ASAP. Then that deadline passess and we are playing phonetag/email tag/text message tag for the next week. This has been the worse experience I have ever encountered with a vendor, and quite frankly it was the worse experience during my wedding. Please, do yourself a favor and do not hire this couple. They are not honest with their services and do not uphold their contracts.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
0.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  0.5

Anonymous 2 Reviews
Please help me to find this vendor

Anonymous 5 Reviews
PLEASE don't use him! I have paid $7,200 so far, and all I received is a roughly edited dvd and 100 thank you prints (which took over 3 months to pick up and many phone calls later).

My husband and I are currently filing a civil lawsuit as well as a complaint with the Little Falls police department. We have also filed a formal complaint with the BBB.

Michael and his wife are unprofessional and full of excuses. They were all about us to get us signed, and after that slowly started to ignore us. Our engagement photos were rushed (20 minutes) though they were very nice. On our wedding day, Michael was early and seemed very attentive. He took over 2,000 pictures and had them posted for us to see the day after our wedding! Many were nice but some of the pictures look blurry and have shadows (very disappointing).

That's where the niceness stopped because Michael had all of our money. Now I'm fighting legally to get my photo proofs and my raw dvd footage so I can take it to another company and get it finished properly.

Please please please do not use him! He was the biggest upset of my entire wedding.
bk1184@gmail.com

Brenda Adams
0.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5

Anonymous 1 Reviews
DO NOT USE THIS GUY - he sucks! it has been over 2 years and we havent received anything! the day we booked someone was waiting outside his place and told us how bad he was. they give you the run around every time. we are tired of his bull sh*t. the quality of pictures a 4 year old with a cell phone can take. there is nothing special. he is always late. late to the engagement shoot, late to the wedding! they sit around and dont take pictures we went over that were a must. PLEASE STAY AWAY - we are thinking about getting lawyers involved now.!! GO ELSE WHERE!
  • Flexibility:  0.0
I wish I saw these negative posts before!!! I am starting to believe anything positive Michael is writing about himself. HE IS A SCAM ARTIST!! We have nothing 15 months and counting!!! My husband and I saw reviews prior to hiring him and all seemed great.... Maybe he should spend more time completing paid jobs and less writing inaccurate reviews about himself in order to lure others in his trap!
Wedding: 11/12/2011
0.3/5.0
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  0.0
Michael took great pics, my photo proofs were available online withing 2 wks, there are a hundred couples who have their albums avail for online viewing but ours however is "difficult" This man has more stories and excuses as to why I still do not have what I paid very good money for, he is not cheap that's for sure. I had my video within a couple months after my wedding and that was very well done, don't get me wrong, I love my photos but I would very much like to have them along with my album. A couple of friends who are getting married asked if I would recommend him, and the answer is "if you're ok with waiting 7+ months for your pics, then yes" otherwise a big fat NO!! I had to pay him in full prior to my wedding, so why would he rush for me??!!! I am sorry I didn't use a different vendor.
Wedding: 11/05/2011
1.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Value:  2.0

Anonymous 1 Reviews
Where do I start; had to do 2 e-photo shoots bc first go around was with second photog, who was 1 hr late, rushed us, shadows, insulted my husband and forgot her step stool. Luckily Michael redid the e-photo shoot and the thank you card came out nice, although took him 4 months and 2 tried to get us the right amount. Day of wedding showed up without a second photog (which we paid for them to eat and also in our contract), his wife showed up as our videographer when we saw his sons videos at initial meeting, did not take any photos of cocktail hr, poor photos of couples walking down aisle, none of my harpist. Poor video quality and bad editing. Constant excuses about getting our albums - he was sick, his dad was sick, he sent the photos/albums to another company (he told us originally he did all the processing/editing himself), etc. 10 months later we finally get our items - the 2 wall photos were wrong, the parents albums were cheap and not what he showed us, luckily our album came out nice. Don't get me started on the video. The CD with our photos was blank, still waiting on that! I expressed my concern and unhappiness with them and they took a small amount off our final payment but that doesn't make up for the stress I went through or the poor quality items we received. The online proofs are difficult to see. The pictures just look outdated and amateur. I have since told my venue to stop recommending him based on my experience. It seems form previous posters that his work/business has gone downhill over the past year or so.
1.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Value:  2.5
  • Flexibility:  1.0
Horrible this vendor is a thief who cared about just getting a pay check. Leading up to the wedding we would be in contact every other week after he vanished. Its been over a year and a half and I have spoken to them 3 times ever time they stall. Micheal had the audacity to blame the recent hurricane in our area for the reason why we haven't received our pictures. When we got married over a year and half before it. If anyone else is out there i plan on filing a lawsuit against him. We payed a lot of money for his services I hope no one else falls in his scheme.
Wedding: 09/16/2011
  • Flexibility:  0.0
WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!! DO NOT USE!!! Michael and Kathy are the biggest scam artist!!!! Both myself and my boss used them and had the exact horrendous experience. They rob you of your money and do not fulfill any of their obligations except for showing up at the wedding with a camera. I could have had my 15 year old cousin take better quality pictures. Not only terrible quality but they were given a very extensive list of photos to take and somehow managed to take all the ones we wanted. They even took family pictures and neglected to add the groom! Any of these people on here that wrote good reviews for them I would love to see their pictures, albums, thank you cards etc. I have a really strong feeling based on my experience that those people actually do not exist and is probably those scam artists writing them. There is absolutely no way they could have done one thing well when they have been completely horrible for us. They have been unprofessional and unresponsive the moment the wedding was over. Not once have they initiated contact with us. It has been over a year and a half since my wedding and every time I schedule am appointment to work on my album they come up with another excuse when they cancel the appointment the day of last minute. Now it has gotten to a point where they won't even return my call, I am contacting my attorney, and the potentially the media. My only hope at this point is I can help one other couple my spreading the word to not use them and be thoroughly disappointed and robbed.
Wedding: 09/02/2011
  • Flexibility:  0.0
Message For Everyone searching for their photographs and video from Michael!!!!!!

I was able to get in touch with a woman named Laurie (Can't recall the last name) who has been brought in by a third party to sort out all the past due albums and videos. She has been given Michael's business cell phone (973-202-0542) if you need to get in touch with her and she was able to get my albums sent out to me. She told me to put the word out that she will assist in getting people their product. Feel free to give me a call beforehand at 917-656-6772 if you need more information.

- Jeremiah Dalton
Wedding: 08/14/2011
  • Flexibility:  0.0
WORSE VENDOR!!!! It's going on 2 yrs and still nothing. I decide to drive by store and to my surprise place is EMPTY. For rent signs are up. Does any1 have contact number for him or his wife.?? I have nothing. I paid my money now I need everything which I paid for. Any info will b helpful.
Wedding: 07/30/2011