Lubeley's Bakery and Deli

Value
Flexibility
jfish1
Recently Married

We sampled several cakes at different bakeries and had even made up our mind on a different bakery, but decided to keep our cake testing appointment at Lubeley's anyway because, well, cake testing is fun! We took one bite and knew immediately that Lubeley's cake tasted better than anything else we had sampled! Better yet, it tasted incredible and the price was comparable to the other bakeries we had researched! We had several friends comment on it being the best wedding cake they'd ever had! My only regret is that there was not more left over after the wedding for us!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Lubeley's did a FANTASTIC job on our wedding cake! Their cake is delicious, moist, and fluffy. They include the fillings at no extra charge, and everything we tasted was amazing! My mom actually used their services again for my bridal shower, and everyone loved the cupcakes that they made for us. Our wedding cake turned out exactly as we wanted; I simply showed up with an idea image and they ran with it. It was really beautiful. I will continue to patronize Lubeley's, as they really do provide an excellent product.

Lubeley's Bakery and Deli responded with the following comments:

Thank you for the review and letting us be a part of your big day.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The cake was absolutely delicious and reasonably priced!! we were so happy with the outcome and service we received from Lubeleys - it was beautiful and tasted fantastic!

Lubeley's Bakery and Deli responded with the following comments:

Thank you Jenna for the review. Congratulations.

Recently Married

We tasted a few other cakes before trying Lubeley's--they won for taste, hands down. They were personable, helpful, and delicious!

1 person found this review helpful
1+ year ago

My wedding cake was an important element for me in my wedding planning, as my mother's had been designed and baked by her father - my grandfather - a master baker. In both my mother's and my grandfather's memory, I wished the cake to be a reflection of their creativity and of my love for this part of my family's history. Lubeley's Bakery did a perfect job - they worked with my sister and I in designing it to perfection. All of the artistic elements that we wished to have on the cake were just lovely and far exceeded all expectation. Not only was it beautiful, but the cake was absolutely delicious. This lovely, long time family business was the perfect match for my sensibilities, my appreciation for tradition, and my desire for a delicious, personalized piece of art. I can't say enough to express my appreciation to Lubeley's for making my wedding cake dream come true. Thank you, Helen and team!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The cake was beautiful and tasted delicious. Several guests went back for seconds and asked where I got it.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I am very picky with deserts, especially cake. I absolutely loved our wedding cake. It was delicious. The staff were approachable, warm, friendly, and accommodating. This bakery has a very family friendly atmosphere. I visited a few other bakeries in Webster Groves prior to Lubeley's that informed me they required huge down payments just to participate in the tasting, where we did not have to do this at Lubeley's. I am 100% happy that we decided to get our cake here.

Greg
03/01/2014

We had a Super Mario Bros. Themed cake and Lubeley's created a masterpiece! They had an incredible attention to detail and made it one of the highlights of our wedding. Beyomd the look of the cake it was also amazingly delicious. The cake, the filling, and the icing were all top notch. I cant think of anything that could have made it better!

Lubeley's Bakery and Deli responded with the following comments:

Thank you for the review. We were glad to hear you loved your cake. Our decorators had fun creating it for you.

anna
11/23/2013

Delicious on the inside and gorgeous on the outside!

1+ year ago

We tried 5 different bakeries around the St Louis area and Lubeley's was by far the best!! The cake tasted the best and was the most reasonably priced. Carol Lubeley was wonderful to work with and provided us with great customer service. So happy we chose them for our wedding cake!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Lubeley's was great to work with. They were very knowledgeable on helping us select the amount of cupcakes we needed for the number of guests we had. We had complete creative freedom with how we wanted our cake to look like. The cake flavors were amazing and they weren't dried out! I also loved paying a little extra to have them come out and set up the cupcake tower and cake. They did a great job and it was set up early.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We decided to do cannoli for our wedding along with a small wedding cake to cut. Lubeley's was fabulous from start to finish with helping to put together our order, tasting product and delivery of the delicious dessert. You will have to make an appointment for your wedding cake-may take a week or 2.

2+ years ago

Hands down the best cake in St. Louis! The wedding cake designers made the decisions on decorations and flavor of cake so easy. We had a personal and private meeting with their cake designer. I was a little difficult for the bakery to deal with since I did not have a clue what I wanted the cake to look like. To alleviate my stress, they simple used a photo of my wedding dress to match my cake to the lace pattern. The final product was gorgeous...and tasty too! They also took care of the grooms cake which was based on the Ghostbuster's theme. They did an amazing job crafting a Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man cake and separate cupcakes with the Ghostbuster logo. Lubeley's has quickly become our favorite bakery, not only for their beautiful work on the cake, but the friendly service.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

My husband and I knew we had to have Lubeley's cake at our wedding after one bite! We were so pleased with the quality of all the flavors and fillings we tried at our first consult. And we love the option to have every layer a different flavor with a different filling. They even let us come back a second time and try the flavors again because we just couldn't decide! The two women that helped us at each consultation were so sweet and each made the appointment fun. The cake was practically gone on the wedding day! We're lucky we made it out with our top tier :)

1.6

Bought a wedding cake and a grooms cake for our son's wedding reception at our house. When they delivered the cakes, they did not ring the bell or knock, left the cakes on a table in the sun. No tent for the cake or box for the topper as promised. The German chocolate grooms cake was so dry, people put the cake back after trying and ate the wedding cake. The wedding cake was very good. My wife spoke with Helen Lubley, who said she would refund the cost of the grooms cake....this was back in May, still waiting for the refund check at the end of July.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Lubeley's was fantastic! The cake was so good, much better than most wedding cakes I've had. I heard that from multiple people too. I showed them a picture of what I wanted and they were able to make the cake exactly how I wanted. Carol and Helen were so nice and easy to work with too. They made everything so easy which was great for me. I highly recommend Lubeley's!