Lace & Roses

Lace & Roses

Favorite
Fort Myers, FL
The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.

Quality of Service
3.3
Flexibility
3.3
0.0

Horrible this lady went out of business took my dress I had to chase her down found her in GA it took forever for me to get my dress back from her

1 Review
0.0

This is going to be a long one...

I would just like to say this has been a very traumatizing experience for me. I purchased my wedding dress back in January. I was told my dress would be in middle of June. Middle of June passed and I called the beginning of July to check on the status of my dress, not without calling and calling and the phone just ringing with no answer for days, so I decided to drive by. They were closed for almost a week for July 4th. So I called first thing July 5th. Right when I stated I was calling to check on the status of my dress, the girl responded with " Is this J? You were in my stack of people to call! Your dress will be in next Wednesday or Thursday!" Ok... phew.... not quite.

Well Wednesday passes and so does Thursday, with no phone call. So I let it go through the weekend and decided to call first thing Monday. I was calling all day Monday and half the day Tuesday before I decided to just drive by again. This time, the entire store was gutted with no note on the door of a phone number or any form of contact information. After trying to track down people who would possibly know where they were maybe moving a shop to, no one had any information; all saying the same thing: "they left no forwarding information and just closed up shop fast".

Now its almost 2 months until my wedding and I have no wedding dress and am out $1,500. Makes me wonder if they ever even ordered my dress in January to begin with. So now, I have to try to get in touch with the designer and if they can't possibly track down my order it's off to ordering a dress off the rack, and paying a nice chunk of change on alterations.

I truly hope if any of you brides out there have ordered your dress and haven't heard anything about it yet, bid your money and dress farewell and move onto plan b.

I cannot believe that people can get away with things like this. Not to mention can sleep at night knowing they are messing with the most important day of a woman's life.

0.0

I, like the bride before me, am out of luck without my dress. I have 3 weeks until my wedding. They had my dress, went out of business, and now are not responding to any email/facebook message. Any ideas on what to do? Was anyone else eventually successful retrieving their dress?

3.7

I absolutely LOVE my dress!! First place I went to and 6th dress I tried on. Customer service was great the first day. I had a few problems with making payments, misplaced paperwork. They couldn't find my dress at one point when my mother went in to make a payment. Everytime I had an appointment for a fitting, I was always waiting 30-40 minutes after my scheduled time. It was very annoying. Other than those minor details. It wasn't too bad of an experience. I got a beautiful dress out of it, and it wasn't too expensive.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Th staff at Lace and Roses made my wedding dress buying and altering experience a breeze. My dress had to practically be remade since I managed to lose 50 lbs since purchasing it. In the end it was absolutely gorgeous and fit me perfectly!

0.0

This place was awful! I thought the dress experience would be the best and it ended up being the worst. They definitely did not cater to me...let alone even doing the minimal- their job! I had the help of Christina to pick out my dress, which did go well. However, I was not paying for my dress so I asked her if the price included alterations and she said yes. Once my dress came in months later I found out this was not true. I also decided to get the tux's from them since it would be easier on me. Big mistake! My fiance and I picked out what we wanted, but for some reason they could never get it right. We LITERALLY drove out there ten times for him to try on the tux and the order was either incomplete or wrong. One time we drove out there and it was just a tie! No one even opened the order. Another time the color of the tux was wrong. Then they called us back again and it was still the wrong tux- they hadn't even returned it yet but for some reason called us to come try it on. Uh, what? Not to mention we had to call them every time to see if the order was in because no one would call. They'd tell us two weeks and the two weeks would go by and there'd be no call.

These girls are horrible. They never call about anything. I had to call them every single time. Then they called me to try my dress on, but the belt and veil were not in. Then I asked Heather what she estimated my alterations to be and she said "um, probably around $200". What?! All I needed was the bust taken in and the dress made shorter. Other than that it fit perfectly. After reading another review, I'm glad I went elsewhere for alterations. It looks like I had good reason not to trust Heather. She couldn't even get a phone order right, you think I'd trust her cutting and sewing my dress? Heck no. I had so much anxiety over this place. Don't ever go here. I swear they are going out of business and they just don't care about anything. They don't even have a sign out front and the inside looks old. I'd go to Davids Bridal before this place.

0.0

They forgot to order my fiancee's dress until roughly 90 days before the wedding and now are telling us she cannot get he dress until the week before the wedding. This leaves no time for any alterations and now we have less then 90 day to find a new dress somewhere else. Not to mention they refuse to return the $2000 for the dress or rush order it.

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND GOING ANYWHERE ELSE, THESE PEOPLE SEEM NICE UNTIL THEY GET YOUR MONEY THEN THEY COULD CARE LESS. PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF THE IMMENSE FRUSTRATION AND MONEY THIS PLACE WILL TAKE FROM YOU.

NOT ONLY WOULD I NOT RECOMMEND THEM TO A FRIEND I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND THEM TO MY WORST ENEMY.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I have to say that I love their selection of dresses. I am very pleased with their services. Yes, sometimes mix ups happen but its human nature. As long as everything comes out great in the end. THEY WORK WITH YOU and that is what makes this place unique. YES I will recommend this to a Friend.

Thanks to Cristina I was able to choose my bridesmaid colors in a way that its going to look one of a kind. Her creativity gives the extra touch!!! ;) She is THEE wedding consultant.

Horrible, Horrible, Horrible-
gave the brides dress away to another customer that she ordered 6 months before hand, and she did not receive it until a month before the wedding after excuses and excuses. Messed up sizes on 3 of the bridesmades dresses, it seemed as though they did not even incorporate the measurements given to them. Mine was too big in the bust, and would not zip up past my waist. All dresses were very wrinkled. Horrible customer service every time we went into the store. Very unresponsive. I had to ask firmly to try on my dress after the employee handed it to me and walked away. Put so much stress on the bride it was the only thing in the entire wedding planning that made her cry! The wedding photographers told us someone else they knew had the same exact problem with this vendor.

0.0

I had initially heard wonderful things about this company but was extremely disappointed in the way they run their business. This is going to be a VERY long review, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read it all.

If you are looking for a professional, honest, and well run company, do not use this vendor, they are nothing but a nightmare to work with. It was a terrible experience with them from the very start. Not only did I have trouble but every single one of my bridesmaids did as well. It was absolute hell getting 7 dresses from them.

First, the issues my bridesmaids faced:

The dresses were ordered in April for my February wedding, giving the shop 10 months to produce the finished dresses. At the time of purchase we were told that the 33% deposit must be paid by each girl by July 31st in order for a early November arrival. The last bridesmaid paid her deposit on July 20th but the final receipt shows that the dresses were not ordered for almost 3 more weeks, on August 8th. The issue I have with this is that my girls were called multiple times between April and July and were told that it was essential that the deposits were paid for by July 31st to ensure timely delivery. They told 4 of my bridesmaids that shipping to their home residence was included and the other 2 were made to pay for it.

In August the store called me to tell me that one of my bridesmaids had made zero payments and that they had tried to call her and received no response. They said this could prevent the rest of the girls from having their dresses ordered, all after they had previously told me all the deposits had already been paid!? In actuality, the bridesmaid had not only made her deposit, but multiple payments since, one less than a week before the call was made to me. She verified this to me all through receipts.

The shop told the girls that their card would be kept on file but never used without permission. Two of my girls had unauthorized charges on their accounts for over $50 and never received a phone call from the shop. After the balances had been completely paid the shop stopped all outgoing communication with all of us. If any arrival times changed or problems came up they never told us, I only found out when when of my irate bridesmaids called them asking where the dress they paid for was.

One of my girls called the shop in early October to make sure that the dresses would still be arriving soon as her receipt quoted 10/7 as the arrival date. She was told there was a two week delay and it would be in right before Thanksgiving. Two of my girls had flight arraignments for the last week of November to have their dresses fitted before the wedding and this was cutting it close. She called again the third week week of November to confirm impending arrival and was now told it would be another month, just before Christmas. We had now been told October 7th, early November, the 3rd week of November, and right before Christmas. I understand delays happen but over two months of delays is ridiculous. This messed up my girls travel plans for fittings that had been booked months before.

At this point my planner stepped in and called. She told the shop that they needed to put a rush in on the delivery of dresses for free due to the original 10/7 quote on their receipts and it now being December. The dress shop agreed that the dresses would be rushed and once delivered to the shop, shipped overnight to each girl free of charge.

The dresses did not come until another week after promised and were never shipped to the girls. 4 girls drove all the way from Gainsville, West Palm, Estero, and Savannah, GA just to pick up their dresses. At pickup, the girls were handed their dresses silently and the employee walked away without a word. The dresses were a crumpled nasty mess and we had to ask her to please press them (as stated in their contract). She said that there was no need to press them they would do that after alterations. The girls told her that made no sense becuase they would not be able to see how they fit all wrinkled. The employees were rude but agreed. When the girls tried on their dresses they realized most of them had not been ordered in the sizes that they originally told the dress shop. Every single one of them took them elsewhere for alterations, this being ONE MONTH before the wedding. NIGHTMARE.

The two girls that paid for their shipping were not reimbursed and had to call and fight with the shop for their shipping costs to be returned. One girl had such a poorly fitting dress that a few alterations shops were unable to adjust it and she did not feel comfortable wearing her dress at the wedding. I believe this is because the dress order was never actually placed and had to be rushed last minute, therefore poorly made. My sister had a dress that ended up with a size 0 waist and DD cup size, and sat about 8 inches too long on her. The measurements were definitely not placed correctly between lace and roses and the vendor. Luckily she took it to a wonderful seamstress who remade the entire dress for a reasonable price.

Now for my issues, let me tell you they are even worse than what the girls faced.

At my first appointment to look at dresses the store manager called out sick and I was left to look around by myself. I found a dress I loved and paid the 33% deposit. My dress was completely paid for by July and was on schedule for an October 6th delivery. I never received my dress in October and was told it would now be in before Thanksgiving. I never got a call from the shop and finally asked them in December why my dress 2 months late. I can't believe what I was told.

I was told that I gave verbal permission to the shop owner that it was okay for the designer to give my dress to ANOTHER CLIENT and that mine would be made again and available at a later date.' This was after I had paid it in full and never ever received a call from the shop about my dress. I am a nice person but not that giving! I found it unbelievable that the dress shop would have agreed to this or even thought about asking my permission, let alone just doing it and trying to tell me I confirmed it! A reputable shop would have put their client first and said no. I could not believe they gave my dress away and tried to tell me they had gotten my permission!

The shop would not tell me the truth about what was going on and the only way I found out anything honest was when the planner called them. They kept telling me that even though I had paid for my dress and admitted that I had never agreed to giving it away, there was nothing they could do but wait a while for my new dress. The planner immediately got them to put in a rush delivery and the shop kindly agreed to do free alterations for the trouble. The dress was to be in no later than Christmas.

After Christmas when the girls went to pick up their dresses I asked the shop owner why my dress was still not here and unsurprisingly, they had no idea what I was talking about. I immediately asked them to get on the phone with the designer and to please find out because it was now a month before the wedding and nobody had any idea where my dress was. They told me it would be shipped to the planners house in one week. I asked them to please have it shipped to my house as it was my dress and they agreed. They called a few days later with a UPS tracking number.

On the delivery day my husband stayed home from work to get the dress, which never showed. I called UPS and was told that it was being held in their facility because nobody was there to receive it. I gave him my address to confirm and he told me it was supposed to be shipped to Lace & Roses because it had not been paid for. The designer said there was still a 600+ balance on my dress!! If the shop knew it was pay at pickup I have no idea why they would tell me it would be shipped to my (or the planners) home. I called the planner who called the shop owner and the owner told her she would go pick it up. Because they put their customers first, she decided it would be fine to wait until the next day to do so. Meanwhile, a month before my wedding, my dress, which I was supposed to have October 6th and was completely paid for was sitting downtown at UPS transit all day and overnight. Awesome.

When I finally received my dress and took it home with me, I never once was offered any sort of apology by any staff member. Instead of accepting that they made major mistakes by giving my dress away, lying to me, and not doing their job with my bridesmaids dresses, they were rude to me and tried to make me feel like i deserved it. All that I expected from them was a simple apology for their carelessness.

I was later told by a coworker that she was going through a similar situation with them. PLEASE stay away from this shop, they do not know how to do their job.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I loved working with Heather so much. She was so friendly, and she did an amazing job on my dress. Although I didn't buy my dress from the store, I bought a Maggie Sottero online, and I needed someone to do alterations, so I took it to Lace & Roses.

I also had Heather deliver the dress to my wedding venue to put me in the dress and lace it up. She brought a little goodie bag that had a sewing kit and some shout wipes, along with some other goodies for later. Thank you so much, Heather! <3

0.1

My dress was gorgeous because they didn't make it ,but alterations looked like they were made by a 10 yr old, price is the same as you would get at any other place because it's set by designer. I ordered my dress in april, was not here in the US until Oct, six months!!!! Everything was like pulling teeth. I regret using that place. It also looks run down & smells bad. Did I mention alterations sucked royaly??? Horrible, and let's not talk about my bridemaids.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

The interior of the venue is definetly a little shabby, and the facilities- like the toilet were frequently broken. But they had my dream dress. Jackie was awesome!! was very supportive and flexible. But you have to be flexible with your appointment times becuase they have a lot of walk ins who consequently make them run late for your appointment, so schedule in extra time for your appoinments, and always call to confirm them. I had someone accidentally schedule a dress fitting appointment on a day they werent open. They did very well with my alterations, and I was very picky, I had a four point asymetrical french bustle- which isnt easy.

2+ years ago

They were amazing with everything from the first day in to the final day out!! Everything came out perfect and they were so friendly and helpful!!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

0.0

Purchased my dress here for my wedding which was being held in NH. Although one of the ladies was very professional that originally dealt with me the remainder of the staff was rude and condescending. I was scheduled to return for final measurements and flew down to Florida. When I arrived they left me standing around waiting and were rude to me.

The worst was yet to come. Once final measurements were done for final alterations they were to complete the alterations and ship them to me. I received the dress and after shipping brought it to a local tailor in NH to simply check one last time and get it pressed. The hems on bottom were never done and were left PINNED. Their were obvious mistakes in the alterations around breasts and to try and hide the mistakes they tried stuffing the bra area with stuffing. Hems and seams were hacked and off from the alterations and measurements I gave them. It took a professional tailor a full 2 weeks of work to redo seams, hems, and basically rebuild the dress from the disaster they made with their alterations... at a cost of an additional $200.

This place wants your money and once they suck you in they couldn't care less. DO NOT buy your dress here and if you do you best get the alterations done by someone professional before they hack it up.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

After finding my dream dress online from designer Maggie Sottero I had to find a bridal store that carried it, luckily Lace & Roses carried the exact dress from the designer that I wanted! Jackie was great in helping me out through every step of the way from helping me try on the dress, the alterations, and even picking out accesories. I am still recieving compliments on my dress! Everything I bought at this store I received in a timeley manner. I ordered my dress nine months before my wedding date to ensure that I would have it in time. Picking out a dress is not something you want to wait last minute for and if you do wait last minute it is not the stores fault for your procrastination. I would definitly recommend Lace & Roses to all future brides looking for that special dress for their wedding day!