Happy Cakes Bakeshop

Happy Cakes Bakeshop

...because everyone deserves a little sugar.

3434 W. 32nd Avenue
Denver, CO 80211 | map
Desserts: Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake, Pas...
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pick...
Dietary options: Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegan

(4.9 / 5.0)
4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Happy Cakes did an amazing job with our wedding cupcakes! As a celiac, I always imagined finding a gluten-free wedding cake would be impossible. Happy Cakes made it so easy! We couldn't narrow down a flavor, so we chose a variety of GF cupcakes. (We didn't even mention to our guests that they were gluten-free. They were all gone by breakfast the next morning - they were just so good.) About half way through our ordering process, we started working with Laura, who was so friendly, helpful, and professional. They even delivered them all the way to our mid-mountain venue in Winter Park! Thank you, Happy Cakes, for your great service and fantastic cupcakes!

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Happy Cakes is amazing. The cupcakes have been a favorite of mine since I heard about them three years ago but when I decided to have them do my wedding they really knocked it out of the park for me. The cupcakes and the various types we chose were not problem for the bakery. Though it was a large amount the cupcakes were divine as usual. The staff who helped me make decisions on frosting decorations and cake stands were knowledgeable and patient with all my questions and ideas. I really enjoyed working with them and will be using them again for any future parties.

Happy Cakes Bakeshop responded with the following comments:

Thanks, Nikole! We really enjoyed working with you, too! Congratulations on your big day, and thanks for choosing us to be a part of it! And for the great review! xo

• Wedding: 08/16/2014
Nikole
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I love Happy Cakes and our guests couldn't stop talking about how great the cupcakes were. I am so happy they were able to accomodate some of our guests dietary restrictions and still make a great tasting cupcake. If you are thinking of having cupcakes at your wedding or event I would definitely recommend using this company.

• Wedding: 09/28/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Thank you so much for the perfect cupcakes for our big day!

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Happy Cakes was amazing to work with--I needed to add a dozen, then when we got displaced due to the Colorado flood they were easy to work with on the pick up time changing--my friend picked them up and did all the leg work for me but they were seamless--and the cupcakes were gone before I even had one! Our cutting cake was simple but incredibly yummy--
Definitely recommend them!

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

The cupcakes are great, but flavor options are somewhat limited to those flavors for that day. Our cake was amazing and more then we could have imagined. We sent a picture of an idea for our cake and it turned out great. Would highly recommend Happy Cakes for any event.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you are thinking about doing cupcakes for your Denver weddings -- use Happy Cakes! It was super easy dealing with Carly and the whole staff at Happy Cakes. I'm surprised I still fit into my dress after all the free tasters they gave us along the way! Our guests loved the cupcakes. Of everything at our reception, we got the most compliments about the desserts. We liked that we had our own little cake for cutting, but then so many options for our guests to chose from.

• Wedding: 07/13/2013
4.7/5.0
  • Flexibility: 3.5

We ordered about seventy cupcakes for our wedding, which included four different flavored and decorating styles. We also had gluten dairy free cupcakes, which we were very happy they offered. They were so delicious and beautiful! We absolutely love Happy Cakes (we go at least once a month). :) Everyone that works there is very kind and helpful as well!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cupcake selection and delivery were spot on. The perfect cherry on my wedding sundae. From start to finish my experience was A+. Delivered cupcakes to my venue on time and in perfect condition. We used the mini cupcakes for the toast and cake presentation. Minis are perfect bite size. Guests raved about the cupcakes taste and selection.

• Wedding: 05/14/2013
4.4/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

FULL DISCLOSURE - I think wedding cakes are over rated. I think fondant is disgusting and I think most people at weddings don't have the time or patience to sit with a plate and fork and eat a rich thick piece of cake at 9pm at night. You spend $500 on a gross cake that no one eats... infuriating. On the other hand... cupcakes (specifically mini cupcakes) are the perfect solution. It allows your guests to grab a little bite of something they can shove in their mouths and enjoy between shots and dancing. No disgusting fondant frosting and cupcakes give people 5-6 flavors to choose from! Happy Cakes was a great bakery to work with. They give you 'tasters' so you can decide which flavors you like (very fun) and they were extremely flexible with HOW we wanted the frosting and decorations to look. The pricing was market competitive and about $200 cheaper than a wedding cake. I would recommend hiring a company to do this instead of thinking you can do it yourself (or have you aunt Betty do it) because they come in and set everything up for you and you know the 'experts' will have the best tasting desserts!

• Wedding: 09/29/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I have been a fan of Happy Cakes for years and we always knew we were going to use them for the wedding. I found Carly easy to work with mostly over email as I don't live close by anymore. My caterer did the set up, but as far as I know delivery went well and no concerns ever made their way to me. They even made a custom flavor for us that turned out amazing. Because I had booked the year before, I got 2011 prices for my 2012 wedding.

• Wedding: 09/29/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Happy Cakes did an excellent job of helping us figure out what flavor cupcakes we wanted, as well as explaining what kinds of decorations we could have on them, and display options. Everything turned out beautiful, and the cupcakes were amazing!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Great cupcakes!!!! Very professional and great to work with. I would highly recommend Happy Cakes.

• Wedding: 07/21/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Happy Cakes has long been my favorite bakeshop in Denver and we had to have them do our wedding. My husband and I have some food allergies (gluten and lactose) that they can amazingly accomidate! We ordered regular cupcakes for our guests, and by regular I mean amazing. People can't stop talking about the snickerdoodle and lemon drop cupcakes. My husband and I ordered and gluten-free, lactose-free cutting cake that was carrot cake with "cream cheese" frosting and it was ammmmazing. I almost shed a tear when he ate the last piece yesterday. Happy Cakes will never let me down and I'm really looking forward to the jumbo cupcake they give for one year anniversaries!

• Wedding: 06/30/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We could not wait to work with Happy Cakes for our wedding. We go there often, and we knew that choosing our flavors was going to be a fun challenge.

We decided to go with mini-cupcakes so we could have a variety of flavors. Working with Happy Cakes was so easy and stress-free. They were beautiful at our wedding and tasted amazing as always. We chose maple bacon as one of our flavors and we couldn't hear the end of it from our guests about how good it was! Everything was a big hit and we weren't surprised. They are the best in town!

• Wedding: 04/29/2012
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I joke that the *one* thing we were sure of as we kicked off planning our wedding planning was that we would be having cupcakes at the reception and would be using Happy Cakes. And we were not disappointed! Happy Cakes did an amazing job and, as we predicted, everyone LOVED the cupcakes. The staff was very accommodating with our dietary requests (needed some gluten free options as well as vegan options). I know my husband is already looking forward to our 1 year anniversary cupcake!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
august_bride
303-477-3556
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards