Dave Cross Photography

Spontaneous, Intimate, Timeless

448 West 37th Street
#9B
New York, NY 10018 | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture, Traditio...
Packages: Albums, Custom Graphic Design, Digital Files, Flush ...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

his pics are really awesome and creative. I am very satisfied with price, service and quality.

• Wedding: 12/06/2014
hazaeltest002
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dave, Nick and assistant Anoop were amazing to work with and I could not recommend them more highly. From our initial meeting with Dave and running through example of his work we loved his images. We did engagement photos with both Dave and Nick in Central Park and the images they took blew us away and made us that much more excited for our wedding day. They also turned the images into a beautiful guest book for our wedding day which was a great way to capture and preserve the memories. Now on to our wedding day--Dave Cross photography was nothing but absolute professionals, they helped me stick to my tight timetable for the day, they were always early for each portion of the day and ready to capture and keep things moving (I really wanted to attend my cocktail hour and they helped make it happen!). We are absolutely thrilled with the images from our wedding, we just picked out our albums and can't wait to receive them. But truly Dave and Nick captured everything from the ring and flower details, to the dance floor action, the prep shots, and beautiful portraits both of my family and my husband and I solo. We are so happy we have such great images to cherish--thank you thank you thank you!!

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I love Dave! He did my head shots years ago and I am so glad I called him to do my wedding. He's the best in the business, totally professional, very focused, creative and easy to be around. I recommend him to everyone I know that needs a professional photographer because his work is really amazing. The shots he takes are incredible and I'm beyond thrilled with my wedding photo's.

• Wedding: 03/10/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dave and Nick were recommended by a good friend of ours. It turned out that having their photography service to be one of the best choices we have made for our wedding. They are responsive, flexible and totally professional with great artistic vision. To my surprise, they have brought an assistant without extra charge. They took pictures from every angle/scene possible at the wedding, yet no one seems to notice the photographers. Their friendly warm fun working style made everyone feel at ease. Nick had the magic to get our little nephew stand still for the family picture. We did not plan to go to central park due to our early wedding ceremony schedule, but Dave and Nick somehow have planned ahead and found a tiny park with some trees near by and managed a great set of outdoor/street pictures. The photos came out very beautiful and filled with personal touch. Their wedding album design is one of a great kind! It is with the greatest enthusiasm, we give Dave Cross Photography 5 stars and recommend them without reservation!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We chose Dave Cross Photography after doing an extensive search and review process of local photographers in NYC. We had him for our engagement session and our wedding. Dave took all the pictures during our engagement session and they looked wonderful. His eye for detail and understanding of contrast and lighting made the pictures “pop”. The photos were then used in our reception booklet and were commented on frequently at our reception. Unfortunately, Dave was not able to continue through our wedding, but in stepped his capable assistant Nick. Our wedding pictures were phenomenal! As we no longer live in NYC, Dave has been very gracious and considerate with our schedules to allow us the time we need in order to finalize the wedding book and we cannot wait for the end result.

Overall Dave Cross Photography was the embodiment of its namesake: professional, easy to work with and an amazing photographer. I would highly recommend this vendor.

Dave Cross Photography responded with the following comments:

It's the first time a photographer injury has ever happened for us on the job - but that's why we already have plans in place for just such a situation. You can never be too prepared! Planning for your wedding day means taking every precaution to ensure your memories are captured no matter what. So glad to have you two as a bride and groom!

• Wedding: 11/12/2011
Eric
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dave Cross Photography made our photography an experience every bride could hope for! They were professional, accommodating, and facilitated all of our requested shots plus many more perfect moments. The breath-taking photos were a reflection of all the hard work Dave and Nick put in during the wedding day. From the first prep shots to the last guest farwell photos, I marveled at their creativity and artistic focus on every detail to capture the perfect shot. Most of all, we had a blast and you can see it in every photo!
Thank you Dave and Nick!

• Wedding: 09/04/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dave, and his assistant Nick, captured every moment of our wedding beautifully. Their photographs are amazing, and we have received excellent reviews from everyone who's seen them. In addition to their amazing artistry, Dave and Nick are two of the greatest people to work with. They’re both personable, professional, and talented, you couldn't ask for more!! I highly recommend them!

• Wedding: 06/25/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We absolutely enjoyed our experience with Dave and his staff. They were all the above and more.

• Wedding: 06/11/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Couldn't be happier with my photos, my albums and the overall experience using Dave Cross Photography. Would highly recommended Dave to anyone - in fact I did. Shortly after he photographed my wedding he photographed my brothers wedding and they couldn't have been more pleased!

• Wedding: 12/04/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dave and Nick were great. The photos were excellent and they tend to capture the moment instead of being posed. Although it is usually a cliche to say someone would lay down in traffic for you, Dave actually did (on more than one occasion). All of our guests really liked our photos, including our engagement shots, and also the short photo/video clip they put together. We are very happy with their performance and would highly recommend them to others.

• Wedding: 08/07/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My album was contemporary, stylish, and up to the moment. It took me a while to order the album, but once it was put together and I saw it, it was as if the evening was still happening. Every memory was captured, the smiles, and the laughter. If only I could throw myself another party, I would absolutely hire Dave again.

• Wedding: 11/14/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When I was searching for a wedding photographer, I really wanted someone who had an eye and took natural, creative pictures, and not the generic posed shots you often see. Dave Cross and his assistant Nick were exactly what I was looking for. I LOVE the shots they managed to get and they made both my husband and I feel so comfortable that we didn't even know we were getting our pictures taken. They are absolutely amazing and I cannot say enough good things about them. So easy to deal with, always answered questions immediately and his work is beyond what you would expect. I also love the way he did our album - so creative and unique.

He is also very reasonably priced and will work with you to find a package that fits your package. If you want the best wedding pictures ever, use Dave Cross!

• Wedding: 10/24/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We love Dave Cross and his wonderful staff. Our beautiful photos and finished wedding album were way above our expectations, which were already pretty high based on other work we had seen done by him. We would recommend Dave to anyone, anytime.

• Wedding: 10/03/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dave sees beyond the Bride and Groom but is great at framing them within the surrounding resulting in such special pictures. He and Nick were a lot of fun to work with - we highly recommend them!

• Wedding: 07/18/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dave is the best wedding photographer in New York! My pictures are gorgeous and I will treasure them forever.

• Wedding: 06/21/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had the good fortune of having Dave and Nick photograph our wedding. They were great in every aspect. Our families, bridal party, and us all found them very easy and fun to work with. They had a relaxed style that enabled them to photograph us and the wedding without getting in the way of everything that was going on. After the wedding, we got to see all the proofs immediately. We love the album they put together and whenever we show people, they are very impressed with the artistry used to lay out the beautiful photos. We have no complaints at all!

• Wedding: 09/13/2008
212-279-6691
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards