April Foster Events

April Foster Events

456 North Meridian Street
#44043
Indianapolis, IN 46244
The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
(4.8 / 5.0)
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Working with April Foster Events was fantastic! April was able to beautifully execute the style of our wedding, keep us on track with important decisions that needed to be made, worked fabulously with our vendors and in keeping them informed of the schedule, and on top of that she was great to work with! Her attention to detail and her eye for design made our day absolutely perfect. Even the smallest details weren't overlooked: the placement of the wedding programs on the chairs, the setup of the escort cards, and reusing ceremony flowers in the reception room were all taken care of. We didn't have to worry about a thing on our wedding day. We were able to enjoy our friends and family while April and her team took care of everything. I highly recommend working with April Foster Events!

• Wedding: 11/16/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

April Foster is an exceptional wedding planner. First and foremost, she is an advocate of, and support to, her bride. This is especially important as planning a wedding inevitably involves many "voices" and dynamics. Her ability to listen and understand her brides needs, wants & wishes is remarkable. Further, she took the time to respond to my mom's phone calls, thoughtfully responding to her questions. April mastered crafting a wedding concept that matched my vision. Additionally, for those items I was not as sure about, she patiently walked me through the pros and cons of each option. My guests could not have been happier! I still receive comments regularly raving about the wedding. Many ask, what do you recommend? A planner. More importantly, April Foster.

I'm grateful. Thank you, April Foster!

• Wedding: 10/20/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding had some unique design aspects that required some creativity to accomplish, but April was undaunted, and we put on an event that exceeded our expectations both in terms of design and wow-factor, as well as lessened stress for myself and my family.

• Wedding: 07/07/2012
Profile Picture
Catherine
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I have way too many great things to say about April Foster Events. I met April when she was the planner for my sister's wedding 2 years ago... and my whole family fell in love with her!!! What can I say, she is the most organized person I have ever met! She is such an incredible person: very professional, very accessible and will do ANYTHING to make the bride (and the families) happy. She answered to all of my emails and phone calls promptly. I know how she can be very busy, but she made me feel as if I was the only bride she was working with. I don't doubt that she gives her undivided attention to all of her brides. She helped me tremendously in planning how to blend all the colors I wanted to for the centerpieces, linens, decor.. everything, to make one fabulous look. She is very creative and insightful. She has an amazing ability to see the "big picture," and will make sure that every detail of the wedding are in-sync. I really really appreciate the fact that she attended a lot of my meetings with my other vendors!! And I really appreciate all of her input with my decisions with the other vendors to help me save money.
I also had the opportunity to meet Allie E. I had agreed ahead of time to have her as the main planner for my wedding day. Allie E went above and beyond to make sure that my big day went as smoothly as possible! I also loved the fact that she was always smiling, pleasant to my vendors, and she was very well liked by my family! It got a little chaotic during the pre-ceremony when my hairstylist was an hour late and my bridesmaids dresses ripped at the same time. Allie was immediately in communication with the hairstylist, she already had a back-up plan in play as she was sewing up my bridesmaids' dresses. Thank goodness that everything else went smoothly thereafter! There were sooo many different things going on at once on my wedding day; and I don't know how Allie was able to do 10 different things at once, and still be available whenever I needed her. I really appreciated her diligence! She and her team were ready to work bright and early at 8:30am and stayed until 1-2am for tear down!!! Allie also made sure that I had all of my gifts/decor stored in one place. She is incredible wedding planner/coordinator!! She is professional and pleasant to work with. I have nothing but great things to say about April Foster Events. They are an outstanding group of women that exceeded my expectations!! There is no doubt that April Foster Events is THE BEST IN INDIANA!! My family LOVES them and we are incredibly lucky to have them be a big part of our weddings. We are looking forward to have them again at my other sister's wedding next year!

• Wedding: 06/16/2012
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

April Foster Events was a LIFESAVER! After our wedding planner conveniently disappeared 4 months before our wedding (with our deposit along with him), April and Allie from April Foster Events stepped in to save the day! From the moment I met April, I felt at ease. She has such a calming, in-control presence. From the moment I hired them, I knew the day was going to flow flawlessly-- and that it did. Allie did an amazing job making sure everything went seamlessly. I am typically a self-proclaimed control freak, and the day of my wedding, I was able to relax and not worry about a thing because I KNEW I was in good hands! Thank you so much for everything!

• Wedding: 04/28/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We really enjoyed working with April and her team. April is very responsive, professional, and knowledgeable. I couldn't have imagined our day without her!

• Wedding: 04/14/2012
4.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Value: 4.0

January 6, 2012

April:

Now that the wedding is over and we’ve had time to slow down and reflect, we just wanted to tell you again how appreciative we were of your services. You and your staff worked hard to turn the Paramount Ballroom into a beautiful and elegant setting for our family and friends. The tables were lovely and we were very happy with the final outcome!

Thanks also for taking charge at the rehearsal and also the wedding itself. It was such a relief to us to not have to worry (and we didn’t) about the day’s events and final details. From our perspective, things ran smoothly and I know that Katherine and Trevor thoroughly enjoyed the evening. What a way to bring in the New Year!! We have had many positive comments from our guests. 

I hope that you and your staff were able to get out of the building in a timely manner and get home safely. I know that it was a long day for all of you.

Thank you again.

Sincerely,
Christa and Lyle Beach
Bryan, OH

• Wedding: 12/31/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

April was such a huge help to me throughout the entire planning process but especially the weekend of the wedding. She took care of all of the last minute details the weekend of so I did not have to worry about it. April is very professional and has good relationships with numerous vendors in the area which makes it very nice when locating a venue! She listened to my ideas and made our wedding day absolutely perfect for us.

• Wedding: 12/17/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

April Foster is the best thing to ever happen to my wedding. I cannot say enough good things about her work. We were in desperation mode when we met her as our original wedding planner moved to a different city just 30 days before our wedding!!!! April was able to transform a wedding that was completely left in shambles, and make it become the best night of my life. Everything ran unbelievably smoothly because of her. The room looked amazing and everything was prefect all because of April and her staff. My wedding would have been nothing without her. Not only is she extremely talented but she is an unbelievably hard worker. She takes her job seriously and it shows! She was fabulous to work with! Our only mistake is that we didn't hire her the day we got engaged. Indianapolis is lucky to have her but I think she would be top of her field in any city in America!!!

• Wedding: 11/20/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My original wedding plans did not include hiring a planner, but it was one of the better decisions we made. We hired April for day of coordination. I felt completely at ease knowing April was behind the scenes. Also, my family can be a little excitable and high-strung and April handled them expertly. We were able to enjoy the day without a lot of stressing thanks to the confidence we had in April. My dad summed it up well over breakfast the next day- “that April gets the job done. She helped it all go so smoothly, running the show without even knowing she was there until you needed something”. Highly recommend hiring April. I think our day would have been completely hectic and exhausting had we tried to tackle all of the details ourselves. Instead, the memories of our wedding day are of the moments we spent enjoying the day.

• Wedding: 09/04/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I could not have pulled off my wedding without April's help! She helped me plan an EPIC event from out of state (very willing to work w/ my crazy schedule), kept us on budget, and completely took over on the days leading up to the wedding. Hiring April was the best decision I made when planning our wedding! I was absolutely lucky to have found her :)

• Wedding: 06/18/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My fiancé and I planned our wedding to be held in Georgia. At the last minute we had to change the location to Indianapolis in order for his 86 year old mother to attend. Thank goodness that I found April Foster online. April, I want to thank-you so much for the beautiful, perfect wedding that you created! Every guest totally enjoyed themselves It was worth every penny for all of the extras that we added along the way. I still can't believe you were able to find a "Chicago Cover" band. Considering the fact that it rained...you did an unbelievable job of flipping the whole ceremony area into the reception area during our short cocktail time. You have the best connections with the best vendors anyplace I've seen...and I've attended a lot of weddings in the last 30 years!!! Much Gratitude and Smiles, Lisa

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Profile Picture
Grateful Forever!
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

April was excellent to work with!! The peace of mind I had knowing she was there on my wedding day was invaluable.

• Wedding: 05/21/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

For anyone planning a wedding, do yourself a favor and call April right away. I am the mother of the bride and could not have done without her! She and her team are calm, efficient, and organized. She provided a beautiful, stress free experience for my daughter on her big day. She also designed beautiful invitations for us as well as table numbers, escort cards, and frame inserts. She will surely be your best friend during the whole planning process!

• Wedding: 11/07/2009
Services Used: Invitations, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing Work and very afforable! Couldn't have asked for better customer service.

• Wedding: 10/03/2009
Services Used: Invitations
  • Flexibility: 5.0

April provided the Day of Coordination for our wedding. I cannot say enough about how much she did for us on our wedding day. Her services began well before the day of. She was always available for questions and gave me advice throughout the entire wedding planning process. She made a timeline for our wedding day and contacted all our vendors to be sure everything was set. She sat out all our place cards the morning of, tied all the bows and flowers on our pews at the church, scattered all the rose petals on the tables and down the aisle runner, and lit the millions of candles I had scattered throughout the reception site.

We got off schedule a bit in the morning and she somehow got us right back on schedule. When my cake fell she helped the baker get everything presentable, cleaned all the icing off the floor and found a way to make it work. I knew nothing about it until after my ceremony and she was able to let me know everything was taken care of and everything looked wonderful. My bustle snapped almost immediately and she had a kit with her to sew it back up.

I truly do not know what we would have done without her on our wedding day. Everything ran smoothly and our guests never knew when anything wasn't happening the way it was supposed to because April jumped in and made sure everything was perfect. If you are looking for a wedding planner or day of coordinator for your wedding day April is among the best.

April Foster Events responded with the following comments:

Summer and Ryan,
It was such a joy to work with you and your family. You two were meant for each other and it showed in every moment. Best wishes in all you do in the future.

• Wedding: 09/26/2009