2be Photography & Design

4.3
Value
Flexibility
4.2

After seeing my friends wedding photos, I had to find out who their photographer was. The minute we walked into their office and saw the photos displayed on the walls, we knew right then and there we made the right choice and was ready to sign the contract. James was helpful explaining step by step what happens on the day of the wedding. He seemed like a man of few words but that is only what you see on the surface. He is funny, witty and passionate of what he does.

The day of our wedding was humid and the sun was beaming but from the moment they arrived down to the last minute, they were calm and professional taking as many pictures as possible. James would make jokes to bring out smiles from everyone and believe me when I say that his jokes made EVERYONE smile!! They are dedicated, shows true passion on what they do and professional.

They followed us around during reception capturing every single moment all the while asking us if we wanted specific pictures and making sure they didn't miss anything. James and his staff are incredible and we cannot wait to see our wedding album!! We highly recommend 2be Photography, I will continue to use their services for upcoming events!! I guarantee you will be 100% confident that you had the pleasure of working with them!!

Services Used: Photography

James and his team do absolutely amazing work! They are highly professional, courteous and extremely talented!

Recently Married
0.0

Lost most of the wedding photos. The ones we did get were bad quality.

Recently Married
1.0

I Didnt get my pictures from what James Park took. I only got pictures from what the second and third photographer. All the photos are staring to the left or the right. Clearly we are all staring at the main photographer which is where James Park was standing. Its been over 9 months since i got married and still have nothing from James Park. I got some photos from the second photographer and to make it up to 1500 pictures by Numbers, they made a duplicate of every photo in black and white..... I asked James over and over where are the pictures that HE took (i hired James and i know the quality of pictures bc it took me a long time to do the research and find him), he just said that its hard to determine the quality of photos to my liking... WTF? I remember specifically where i was standing on some of the portrait photos and i have Zero photos of them. All of my family pictures are staring towards the left. I took one photo with my maid of honor towards the end in a secluded area and i dont see the picture either. I feel like i was scammed. I havent gotten a single photo of my engagement photos for over a year now. james wont return my money either for that. He wont return my phone calls, emails or texts. This is the worst thing that can happen to anyone who got married. I cant use any photos because we are not looking at the camera. I have no pictures of me walking down the aisle because thats where James was standing... I basically have no real wedding photos. I have no photos that James Park took.. Why did i pay a premium by hiring him? I cried so much for this. It was weird that after three months he didnt send our photos and then he barely responded to our emails and then 7 months later we get pictures that he didnt take.. Still no engagement pictures..... No refund.. He wont reply back or call me back.. Can you at least give me a refund back since it seems that you lost all my photos..... ????

1 person found this review helpful
1+ year ago

Do not miss getting your pictures taken by James - he is amazing. Our New York City Wedding pictures are fantastic. He is reliable, creative, funny and you will never go wrong. These pictures are not cheap but I don't regret hiring them. No canned awkward poses. Only honest and beautiful photographs. They are the best!!

1 Review
1+ year ago

We absolutely cannot say too many wonderful things about James!!! Working with him far exceeded our expectations. His style manages to capture candid touching/funny/tender moments, and his posed shots were beautiful as well. We loved working with him as he was willing to work with our requests and yet still had fantastic judgment as to what shots would look the best. James and his staff were completely unobtrusive at our wedding. Taking pictures before and during the wedding was a pleasure; he was such a calm and relaxing presence. During the wedding and reception, he never interrupted; instead he used his excellent judgment to take wonderful natural shots that were unposed and genuine: The photos are fantastic; we couldn’t have asked for a more perfect experience! We would, and intend to, recommend James to all our friends without any reservations whatsoever.

0.0

BE AWARE OF THIS VENDOR! I look back at my photos and I am very disappointed and mad at myself for going with James. At first, James seemed to be a perfect choice—he was very responsive and was very sincere with each response answering all my questions quickly.

After the wedding, I have provided him with a hefty tip and he left the reception without a Thank you or showed any sense of gratitude. I felt robbed and started to have a very bad feeling in my stomach. It may have been my fault for paying him the full amount before receiving our pictures. After the wedding, I have contacted him on numerous occasions on when our previews and final pictures would be ready. He ignored every email until I gave him a call (which he ignored/never called back) and finally came up with a ridiculous reason why he didn’t reply back to me earlier. 1st email stated—previews will be ready very soon and our final pictures will be ready in 4-6 wks. I did not get any previews of our pictures and only received our final pictures. (only after I have been emailing and calling)

When I finally got my pictures—I was very disappointed. Some pictures were not even centered, all the pictures he took of us made us look shorter than real life. I expressed my concerns to him—he stated that the pictures turned out not to his expectations and fullest potential because the venue was not great. It is hilarious how he would blame his ‘not so great’ photos on the venue. Granted that the venue was not at the NY Palace; however with all the floral arrangement and up-lighting and linen, everyone at the wedding stated it was a very pretty wedding. I am deeply saddened that I am not able to capture and re live my wedding reception due to the lack of his skills. It’s funny how the pictures that my sister took with our DLSR were even better than the professional pictures I have received.

I would NEVER RECOMMEND THIS VENDOR TO EVEN MY WORST ENEMY.

1 person found this review helpful
1+ year ago

We had a fall wedding in NYC. With all the available wedding photography companies available in the city, choosing the right vendor can be overwhelming. We feel so lucky and grateful that many of our friends recommended James and his team of 2Be Photography to us. We could not have asked for better pictures and video of our special day.

For our engagement photo shoot in the Meatpacking District, James was professional. He knew where to go to capture the best pictures of us and the city. He put my camera-shy then fiance at ease. We got a framed copy of one of our favorite pictures to put up during the ceremony and is now hanging in our living room.

For the wedding day, James and his team were amazing- flexible, discreet, creative, professional. They arrived earlier than contracted time to start shooting pictures of us getting ready. Our wedding photos are of the highest quality. We also decided to get videography through 2Be as well, and we LOVE our video. You won't regret it!

Services Used: Photography, Videography

We couldn't have been happier with James and his whole crew on our wedding day. He and his crew were very professional and kept a witty sense of humor. The reactions we've been getting from family and friends has been beyond positive when we show them photos from our wedding day. They are absolutely stunning and look like they came from a magazine. James did an amazing job catching real life moments and I can't wait to see the rest of the photos. So far we've gotten a glimpse of 60 of them and couldn't be happier. I also hired James videographer who was a pure delight- very personable and made my now husband and me very comfortable, our concern was that we'd be in the spotlight under cameras and lights- this was so not the case, it was seamless and very natural.

From the get-go James was very responsive and accommodating- he showed up the hotel the morning of my wedding ahead of schedule and took part of the rest of our day discretely. They made use feel so comfortable that I forgot they were there and they got some really amazing shots. Again, no one can get over how amazing all the photos came out. Selecting 2be Photography was one of the best decisions we made for our big day. You won't be disappointed with this group!

To summarize, when you think about it, there's very little remaining of your wedding day when it's all said and done. The flowers have gone, the guests have all dispersed, and we're back to normal life. The only thing that remains is the photos. James and his team have helped us capture a magical day magnificently and we couldn't be happier.

Anonymous
2+ years ago

James has a very creative way of capturing the beauty of a single moment - we knew he was the one who was going to bring out the best in our wedding! From the start, James was great to work with - very personable and easy going!

Services Used: Photography

My husband & I recently got married this past June, and had the pleasure of working w/James Park from 2Be Photography & Design for both our wedding photography & our engagement photoshoot. We booked James as our main photographer after viewing samples of his amazing work online, & also received many positive recommendations from mutual friends who had worked w/him in the past.

From the start, James was always very professional & helpful, and surprisingly (being that nervous bride & groom), we found it extremely easy to trust him & his staff with ALL aspects of our wedding photography from the get-go. (Yes, they are THAT good!) During our engagement photoshoot, my husband & I had such a great time working w/James & our 2nd photographer, Gil Seo, that 3-4 hrs of taking pictures nearly flew by. To say that we were extremely satisfied w/the way our pictures came out would be a complete understatement! Our engagement photos looked SPECTACULAR, & all our family & friends kept asking us who our photographer was.

On our wedding day, both James & Gil did a phenomenal job. We also booked our videographer, Eric Cho through 2Be, who was excellent! They arrived at our site even earlier than expected, & ended up staying much later than planned bc our ceremony had started late (due to issues involving the venue). Again, we had such a wonderful time taking pictures & filming w/them (thank you!!!). Shortly after the wedding, James sent us a preview of our wedding photos, & my husband & I were blown away. The photos looked AMAZING & again we were reminded of how incredibly talented our photographers are!!!

Looking back at our entire wedding planning experience, I can honestly say that working w/James & the 2Be staff was by far the most POSITIVE experience we had throughout, & we are so glad that they were a huge part of our special day. I joke w/my husband that we are never planning another wedding again, but if we did, I'm sure we would book James again in a heartbeat! :)

Anna
1 Review
05/27/2012

Truly Amazing. Words cannot express the gratitude I have for the phenomenal work James and his team provided for us. They were professional and fun to work with. James would also respond to my questions immediately, and as a meticulous bride, I had many. I worked with James and Joseph for my Engagement and Wedding Photography and Eric for Videography. The photos/video came out beautifully. I could tell that they really love what they do and are very good at it as well. I first took notice with his photos when a friend of mine had worked with James. Her photos were artistic and full of life, and that's exactly what I wanted. Another friend took notice of my own photos and decided to work with James as well.
For a day that goes by so quickly, I'm happy we chose the right team to help capture our special day so beautifully.

2+ years ago
3.0

The photographers and videographers did a good job.

Services Used: Photography

We wanted an elegant and timeless pictures that will look awesome even after 10 years, and he certainly did it!
Great quality and quantity of pictures and great service.
I highly recommend him for any wedding. You will not regret it!
James Rocks!

Services Used: Photography

I would totally recommend 2be Photo. TWO THUMBS UP!!
James did such an amazing job at our wedding & engagement photos.
We were very honored to have him, be part of our wedding day.
He was very thoughtful with little details and had wonderful ideas that I didn't even think of. He's photos tell an unforgettable story of our wedding and captured all our special moments. Each time we look at our wedding photos , the pictures are so photo re al that it makes me think of that day and smile.

Services Used: Photography

We hired James as our photographer. we interviewed 15 other photographers before choosing to work with him.
and of course we had very hard time picking our favorites since there are so many great ones to choose from.
since my cousin is very famous photographers in CA (he couldn't attend our wedding).
we narrowed to 3 of them finally and tried to get help from my cousin to choose. after few days i got response from him
and said "this is the one"!! we really loved his past work and trusted opinion of my cousin.

And now,
We can’t say enough about James. he was amazing on our day.
We have received our photos, and they are even more amazing than we had hoped!
My husband and I are very impressed by James' ability to catch each and every important moment
highly recommend him.