2be Photography & Design

2be Photography & Design

147 West 35th St. Suite #1206
New York, NY 10001 | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture, Traditio...
Packages: Albums, Custom Graphic Design, Digital Files, Flush ...
Liability Insurance: Yes

(4.7 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

James and his team do absolutely amazing work! They are highly professional, courteous and extremely talented!

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

AMAZING and AWESOME are the two words I would use to describe everyone I worked with at 2be Photography & Design. This team of professionals are truly wonderful and friendly to work with. From the beginning to end, James had great communication with me to let me know what was going on every step of the way. The engagement session was so incredible with James. The three hour session gave us enough time to relax and get more comfortable with taking pictures since we were both so new to having our photos taken. On the day of the wedding, Lenny, Jun, and Eric were fun, creative, and incredible at what they do. They were there from the time we were getting ready until the end of the night, capturing exactly what I wanted for our wedding day. They are an extremely talented group of people. I cannot say enough about how amazing they were. Thank you so much for making our wedding day so special. I have four weddings coming up this year and will be recommending this group to everyone.

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Do not miss getting your pictures taken by James - he is amazing. Our New York City Wedding pictures are fantastic. He is reliable, creative, funny and you will never go wrong. These pictures are not cheap but I don't regret hiring them. No canned awkward poses. Only honest and beautiful photographs. They are the best!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

We absolutely cannot say too many wonderful things about James!!! Working with him far exceeded our expectations. His style manages to capture candid touching/funny/tender moments, and his posed shots were beautiful as well. We loved working with him as he was willing to work with our requests and yet still had fantastic judgment as to what shots would look the best. James and his staff were completely unobtrusive at our wedding. Taking pictures before and during the wedding was a pleasure; he was such a calm and relaxing presence. During the wedding and reception, he never interrupted; instead he used his excellent judgment to take wonderful natural shots that were unposed and genuine: The photos are fantastic; we couldn’t have asked for a more perfect experience! We would, and intend to, recommend James to all our friends without any reservations whatsoever.

1 Review
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.0
  • Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

BE AWARE OF THIS VENDOR! I look back at my photos and I am very disappointed and mad at myself for going with James. At first, James seemed to be a perfect choice—he was very responsive and was very sincere with each response answering all my questions quickly.

After the wedding, I have provided him with a hefty tip and he left the reception without a Thank you or showed any sense of gratitude. I felt robbed and started to have a very bad feeling in my stomach. It may have been my fault for paying him the full amount before receiving our pictures. After the wedding, I have contacted him on numerous occasions on when our previews and final pictures would be ready. He ignored every email until I gave him a call (which he ignored/never called back) and finally came up with a ridiculous reason why he didn’t reply back to me earlier. 1st email stated—previews will be ready very soon and our final pictures will be ready in 4-6 wks. I did not get any previews of our pictures and only received our final pictures. (only after I have been emailing and calling)

When I finally got my pictures—I was very disappointed. Some pictures were not even centered, all the pictures he took of us made us look shorter than real life. I expressed my concerns to him—he stated that the pictures turned out not to his expectations and fullest potential because the venue was not great. It is hilarious how he would blame his ‘not so great’ photos on the venue. Granted that the venue was not at the NY Palace; however with all the floral arrangement and up-lighting and linen, everyone at the wedding stated it was a very pretty wedding. I am deeply saddened that I am not able to capture and re live my wedding reception due to the lack of his skills. It’s funny how the pictures that my sister took with our DLSR were even better than the professional pictures I have received.

I would NEVER RECOMMEND THIS VENDOR TO EVEN MY WORST ENEMY.

• Flexibility: 5.0

We had a fall wedding in NYC. With all the available wedding photography companies available in the city, choosing the right vendor can be overwhelming. We feel so lucky and grateful that many of our friends recommended James and his team of 2Be Photography to us. We could not have asked for better pictures and video of our special day.

For our engagement photo shoot in the Meatpacking District, James was professional. He knew where to go to capture the best pictures of us and the city. He put my camera-shy then fiance at ease. We got a framed copy of one of our favorite pictures to put up during the ceremony and is now hanging in our living room.

For the wedding day, James and his team were amazing- flexible, discreet, creative, professional. They arrived earlier than contracted time to start shooting pictures of us getting ready. Our wedding photos are of the highest quality. We also decided to get videography through 2Be as well, and we LOVE our video. You won't regret it!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We couldn't have been happier with James and his whole crew on our wedding day. He and his crew were very professional and kept a witty sense of humor. The reactions we've been getting from family and friends has been beyond positive when we show them photos from our wedding day. They are absolutely stunning and look like they came from a magazine. James did an amazing job catching real life moments and I can't wait to see the rest of the photos. So far we've gotten a glimpse of 60 of them and couldn't be happier. I also hired James videographer who was a pure delight- very personable and made my now husband and me very comfortable, our concern was that we'd be in the spotlight under cameras and lights- this was so not the case, it was seamless and very natural.

From the get-go James was very responsive and accommodating- he showed up the hotel the morning of my wedding ahead of schedule and took part of the rest of our day discretely. They made use feel so comfortable that I forgot they were there and they got some really amazing shots. Again, no one can get over how amazing all the photos came out. Selecting 2be Photography was one of the best decisions we made for our big day. You won't be disappointed with this group!

To summarize, when you think about it, there's very little remaining of your wedding day when it's all said and done. The flowers have gone, the guests have all dispersed, and we're back to normal life. The only thing that remains is the photos. James and his team have helped us capture a magical day magnificently and we couldn't be happier.

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

James has a very creative way of capturing the beauty of a single moment - we knew he was the one who was going to bring out the best in our wedding! From the start, James was great to work with - very personable and easy going!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband & I recently got married this past June, and had the pleasure of working w/James Park from 2Be Photography & Design for both our wedding photography & our engagement photoshoot. We booked James as our main photographer after viewing samples of his amazing work online, & also received many positive recommendations from mutual friends who had worked w/him in the past.

From the start, James was always very professional & helpful, and surprisingly (being that nervous bride & groom), we found it extremely easy to trust him & his staff with ALL aspects of our wedding photography from the get-go. (Yes, they are THAT good!) During our engagement photoshoot, my husband & I had such a great time working w/James & our 2nd photographer, Gil Seo, that 3-4 hrs of taking pictures nearly flew by. To say that we were extremely satisfied w/the way our pictures came out would be a complete understatement! Our engagement photos looked SPECTACULAR, & all our family & friends kept asking us who our photographer was.

On our wedding day, both James & Gil did a phenomenal job. We also booked our videographer, Eric Cho through 2Be, who was excellent! They arrived at our site even earlier than expected, & ended up staying much later than planned bc our ceremony had started late (due to issues involving the venue). Again, we had such a wonderful time taking pictures & filming w/them (thank you!!!). Shortly after the wedding, James sent us a preview of our wedding photos, & my husband & I were blown away. The photos looked AMAZING & again we were reminded of how incredibly talented our photographers are!!!

Looking back at our entire wedding planning experience, I can honestly say that working w/James & the 2Be staff was by far the most POSITIVE experience we had throughout, & we are so glad that they were a huge part of our special day. I joke w/my husband that we are never planning another wedding again, but if we did, I'm sure we would book James again in a heartbeat! :)

• Wedding: 06/15/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Truly Amazing. Words cannot express the gratitude I have for the phenomenal work James and his team provided for us. They were professional and fun to work with. James would also respond to my questions immediately, and as a meticulous bride, I had many. I worked with James and Joseph for my Engagement and Wedding Photography and Eric for Videography. The photos/video came out beautifully. I could tell that they really love what they do and are very good at it as well. I first took notice with his photos when a friend of mine had worked with James. Her photos were artistic and full of life, and that's exactly what I wanted. Another friend took notice of my own photos and decided to work with James as well.
For a day that goes by so quickly, I'm happy we chose the right team to help capture our special day so beautifully.

• Wedding: 05/27/2012
  • Responsiveness: 2.5
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 2.5
  • Flexibility: 2.5

The photographers and videographers did a good job.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We wanted an elegant and timeless pictures that will look awesome even after 10 years, and he certainly did it!
Great quality and quantity of pictures and great service.
I highly recommend him for any wedding. You will not regret it!
James Rocks!

• Wedding: 09/11/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I would totally recommend 2be Photo. TWO THUMBS UP!!
James did such an amazing job at our wedding & engagement photos.
We were very honored to have him, be part of our wedding day.
He was very thoughtful with little details and had wonderful ideas that I didn't even think of. He's photos tell an unforgettable story of our wedding and captured all our special moments. Each time we look at our wedding photos , the pictures are so photo re al that it makes me think of that day and smile.

• Wedding: 08/13/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hired James as our photographer. we interviewed 15 other photographers before choosing to work with him.
and of course we had very hard time picking our favorites since there are so many great ones to choose from.
since my cousin is very famous photographers in CA (he couldn't attend our wedding).
we narrowed to 3 of them finally and tried to get help from my cousin to choose. after few days i got response from him
and said "this is the one"!! we really loved his past work and trusted opinion of my cousin.

And now,
We can’t say enough about James. he was amazing on our day.
We have received our photos, and they are even more amazing than we had hoped!
My husband and I are very impressed by James' ability to catch each and every important moment
highly recommend him.

• Wedding: 08/06/2011

THE BEST! I am such a tough customer,
totally care about photos and my photos were perfect.
Ask for James, he is so talented. You cannot get a better photographer at any price and
their prices are so lower than other typical hi-end photographer!
James was easy to work with and very responsive throughout the entire wedding planning process.
Going into our wedding day, we had no doubt that we would get the shots we wanted
and capture our special day.

• Wedding: 07/17/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

James and his crews were the best deal i have made for my wedding.
we had photography as well as videography. i knew for sure photo was gonna be great, since i've seen his work on facebook. what i didn't know was the video was gonna be sooo awesome. it was edited so that it's not too long or boring, but has all the crucial moments, and it was HD Bluray DVD quality! i have no doubt that they are the best in tristate. the quality of the album is very luxurious. the cover is made of leather and every page is very thick and sturdy, i would say it would be pretty hard to destroy it. with each photo taken, either james or his crew coached us how to pose and what to do. we are no top models, but we look pretty amazing in all the photos. plus, love the Kodak moment photos, i don't know how they do it, we were suprised when we got all those photos that we were not aware of being taken.

simply said, "worth every penny spent on photos and video~!"

• Wedding: 06/11/2011
917-613-2339
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards