The PRADO at Balboa Park

4.7
Profile Picture
Bergis
11/09/2014

We are from Canada and decided that we wanted to have a destination wedding. From the first moment we stepped onto the venue, we fell in love with the beauty of the Prado. We met with Marcy Melley and I knew right away that this was the place we wanted to get married. Marcy was WONDERFUL! She worked with me to make sure I was happy with the vision I had. She would always email or call me to chat about the wedding details. She always responded back promptly. Planning a destination wedding can be quite hard but Marcy made everything run smoothly, sent me pictures when needed, and even recommended me to amazing vendors (ask about her day of planners, Jamie Rury is fabulous). The day of my wedding as corny as this may sound was a dream come true. It was a perfect day. Our guests (we had a 100 people fly down for our wedding) couldn't stop raving about the Prado. They loved the food, the ambience, the staff. Its been 2 weeks and our guests still tell us how much they loved our wedding. Marcy's staff were amazing to work with. During the night, my husband and I were so busy saying hello to everyone, the head person who runs the catering crew during the night, she asked if she could get us our food. I thought it was so thoughtful of her to ask and it ensured that we actually ate during the night! We had a buffet and everyone loved our choice. We added the Paella and it was the hit of the night (definitely add this on, it's worth it). All of the food is gluten free. We had a few vegetarians that the Prado generously offered to do plates for and they absolutely loved the risotto. The Prado also includes a wedding cake in their package. We chose Grove Pastry and we were not disappointed. I appreciate that Marcy and her team only work with high quality vendors. We just received samples of our wedding pictures and it looked like we were in this magical world because of the beauty of the Prado. I highly highly recommend this place. You will not be disappointed.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
LOCATION
1549 El Prado Suite 12, San Diego, CA 92101
The Prado, located in the House of Hospitality at Balboa Park... where our experienced, professional staff will blend the grace and splendor of yesterday with traditions of today to create the weddings of your dreams. We offer the perfect back drop for your very special day. The House of Hospitality has been a favorite wedding ceremony and receptio n location for generations of San Diegans since 1935.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW BEAUTIFUL WEDDINGS AT THE PRADO