The Commons 1854

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

There are not enough wonderful words in the world to describe our experience with The Commons. I knew from the day we signed our contract that our needs would be met but never could have dreamed about how much they'd be exceeded. The venue was absolutely beautiful... think Old New England meets elegance. Countless guests have told us that it was the best food and service they've ever experienced at a wedding. As one guest put it, "I felt like I never saw staff standing around but the second I needed something, someone right there. As a guest I received better service than I did on my own wedding day when I was the bride." We had 130 guests at our reception. We fit perfectly in the reception room and there was plenty of room for dancing. We could have easily fit another 40 guests in the balcony if we had a larger crowd so the flexibility of having this extra space is nice! Throughout our wedding planning, our number one priority was to know that our guests were going to have a good time. We never had to worry once throughout the entire evening. Every time I took a step back to look through the room I saw everyone enjoying themselves. My elderly relatives were well taken care of, they were brought food and drinks while they sat during cocktail hour. They were escorted up the chair lift without missing a thing. It was so nice to know they were well taken care of without my parents having to worry about it. Kristi was our coordinator at the reception and she is an absolute dream to work with! Although I am sure they are juggling planning many events throughout the year, she made me feel like my wedding was always a priority to her. She responded quickly to my emails, was on time for all appointments and was there throughout the entire reception. I could go on forever about the millions of reasons I would recommend The Commons, but rather I suggest you just head over there and take a look for yourself. I am confident you will not regret it!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
2 people found this review helpful
LOCATION
4 North Common Street, Topsfield, MA 01983

Boston's Premier North Shore Wedding Venue

Located in the heart of historic Topsfield, Massachusetts, The Commons 1854 is truly Boston's North Shore Premier Wedding Venue. Through careful restoration, this historic property has retained the charming period flavor of the 19th century, while adding all of the modern amenities to ensure a memorable event with beautiful surroundings.
... read more

The perfect combination of superb architecture, impeccable cuisine and superior service is what sets The Commons 1854 apart ensuring your day is perfect on every level. Best of all, our facilities are for your exclusive use.  Unlike many wedding venue's in Boston, we only reserve one wedding per day allowing you full access to all parts of our historic building as well as the beautiful surrounding grounds.

Our garden terrace outdoor ceremony site is absolutely stunning with dramatic enhancements to guarantee your perfect wedding photos. The separate cocktail hour area boasts a variety of neo classic rooms that are the perfect conversation piece for cocktail hour.  We invite you to contact us to inquire more about what makes us unique, see the customized wedding packages we create, and why we believe it's the perfect setting for the most amazing day you will ever experience.

+/- read less
Details
Categories: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Event Types: Anniversaries, Baby Showers, Bar / Bat Mitzvahs, Birthdays, Bridal Showers, Christenings, Corporate Events, Eco-Friendly / Green Weddings, Engagement Parties, Holiday Parties, LGBTQ Weddings / Ceremonies, Proms, Quinceaneras, Sweet 16s
ENDORSEMENTS (15)
One of the most beautiful Venues around, The Commons 1854 in Topsfield really cares for their clients. As a vendor, they are very organized and their attention to detail is top priority! Our clients consistently rave about the food and the service! Top that off with one of the most experienced wedding coordinators in the business and you have the total package. The Commons 1854 is the Premier North Shore Wedding Venue and everyone should check it out!
ASSOCIATIONS I BELONG TO (1)
The Commons 1854 is a wedding Venue from Topsfield, MA. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Boston, North Shore of Boston, and Massachussetts. The Commons 1854 is a professional wedding Caterer that has been part of the Association of Bridal Consultants wedding industry for 10 years. We specialize in Wedding Ceremonies and Wedding Receptions and wedding planning