The Commons 1854

Services: Bridal Shower, Ceremony, Reception
Maximum capacity: 200
Catering: Offered in-house
About Us

Located in the heart of historic Topsfield, Massachusetts, The Commons 1854 is truly Boston's North Shore Premier Wedding Venue. Through careful restoration, this historic property has retained the charming period flavor of the 19th century, while adding all of the modern amenities to ensure a memorable event with beautiful surroundings.

The perfect combination of superb architecture, impeccable cuisine and superior service is what sets The Commons 1854 apart ensuring your day is perfect on every level. Best of all, our facilities are for your exclusive use.  Unlike many wedding venue's in Boston, we only reserve one wedding per day allowing you full access to all parts of our historic building as well as the beautiful surrounding grounds.

Our garden terrace outdoor ceremony site is absolutely stunning with dramatic enhancements to guarantee your perfect wedding photos. The separate cocktail hour area boasts a variety of neo classic rooms that are the perfect conversation piece for cocktail hour.  We invite you to contact us to inquire more about what makes us unique, see the customized wedding packages we create, and why we believe it's the perfect setting for the most amazing day you will ever experience.

Photos
Reviews
5.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 5.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

About 5 days after my husband proposed, I made an appointment at The Commons 1854 and instantly knew it was the place for us!! From our first meeting, I could tell that Frank and Kristi had the expertise, elegance, and professionalism to give us the wedding I had always dreamed of. Throughout the entire planning process, Johanna, my wedding planner, was by my side helping me with every detail- from vendor selection, to theme selection, and even fun DIY projects I could do on my own! I was a very hands on bride and emailed them multiple times a week for my entire engagement, and someone would always respond to my question quickly and cordially!

The best aspect of this venue is the fact that it is very much a family affair. My entire family was HIGHLY involved in the planning process and we immediately clicked with the team at The Commons. We all felt as though the team at the Commons was part of our family and just as excited for the wedding as we were!

In regards to food and wine, my guests are still RAVING about the menu that was served. I have never has such a wonderful, gourmet meal! Our guests sent us emails after the wedding saying that the food was better than the North End and the steak was better than Capital Grille!! Our wedding was a traditional Italian wedding so, besides my dress, food was the main event of the entire wedding! And it STOLE THE SHOW! ☺

On my wedding day, Johanna made sure that everything went accordingly to plan and my only concern was having fun. We had met 3 weeks prior to discuss the order of events, and we even stopped by the week of the wedding to drop off items such as decorations, place cards, and pictures. Because of the pre-work, all I had to do the day of the wedding was smile and enjoy myself! I cannot recall a single moment where I was worried or stressed because Johanna had all the arrangements under control. Furthermore, I never had to worry about going thirsty because there was always a server nearby to hand me a glass of water or a glass of wine!

The venue itself was absolutely breathtaking—from the colorful garden, to the vintage style cocktail area, and to the elegant ballroom. Overall, even in my wildest dreams, I don't think I could have imagined a more perfect wedding!!

The gratitude I have for Frank, Kristi, and Johanna is enormous! Every conversation we had, it was clear that their main concern was allowing my husband and I to have everything we wanted- and that's exactly what they gave us!!

I would recommend The Commons 1854 to anyone! I just wish I could do it all over again---I am already planting the idea in my sisters head that when she gets engaged, this is the ONLY place we will look at!!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Profile Picture
JenniferMcNeill526
Endorsements
One of the most beautiful Venues around, The Commons 1854 in Topsfield really cares for their clients. As a vendor, they are very organized and their attention to detail is top priority! Our clients consistently rave about the food and the service! Top that off with one of the most experienced wedding coordinators in the business and you have the total package. The Commons 1854 is the Premier North Shore Wedding Venue and everyone should check it out!
Associations I Belong to
The Commons 1854 is a wedding Venue from Topsfield, MA. We service weddings througout the local area, including Boston, North Shore of Boston, and Massachussetts. The Commons 1854 is a professional wedding Caterer that has been part of the Association of Bridal Consultants wedding industry for 10 years. We specialize in Wedding Ceremonies and Wedding Receptions and wedding planning
978-887-4100
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards