The Commons 1854 Reviews

254 | Topsfield, MA

254 Reviews for The Commons 1854

254 The Commons 1854 Reviews

Dorothy · Married on 10/06/2018

Just had my daughter and son-in-law's wedding. The venue is amazing and the food was so good. Ceremony was beautiful outside. Best of all was Maura, she exceeded my expectations. She kept everything running and organized and let us enjoy the day rather than worrying and keeping track of the tasks. Highly recommended

Stephanie · Married on 09/14/2018

I don't even know where to begin. Gianna you were absolutely amazing and there for me every step of the way, especially on the wedding day, when I started to feel anxious. Besides the wonderful staff, including Kristi, everything was superb. The food is THE BEST. the hall is breathtaking, photos do not do it justice. I highly recommend the commons, you will not regret it! Thank you for everything!!

• F

Francesca · Married on 07/20/2018

We could not have chosen a better venue for our wedding reception! Gianna and staff were amazing throughout the entire wedding process, to the point that our guests were telling us that they have never seen service of that caliber at a wedding before.

On top of the great service, we had guests tell us that the food was the best that they have ever had at a wedding (we served the filet and salmon). The portions, timing of each course, and the presentation were all above and beyond expectations.

The space itself is a perfect mix of character and class, where you can customize your wedding to whatever aesthetic you'd like.

Overall, The Commons was the perfect place for us to get married, and if we could do it all over again, we would choose The Commons over and over again for our wedding day.

Sent on 09/06/2018

The Commons 1854's reply:

This means the world to us. Thank you so much for your kind review, Francesca! We hope that you are enjoying the married life. We wish you both the VERY best! xo

Danielle · Married on 06/30/2018

We threw the wedding of the century at The Commons 1854 in Topsfield, MA! We first fell in love with the Commons because of the amazing event planners, the beautiful, New England, and classic space, and a lot of recommendations. We could not have been more thrilled with the result. My husband and I met as English Majors in college and wanted to have a literary themed wedding. The Commons was super accommodating to our theme- they let us use book titles instead of table numbers and gave us plenty of ideas. Our wedding party was huge (17 people) and we were able to fit everyone under the pergola in the garden for the ceremony.

The food was amazing. The passed hors derves were incredible and there was plenty for everyone (178 guests). Our meals were cooked perfectly! We had 140 filet mignons and each was cooked absolutely perfectly. We also had a cake made from their outside partner vendor that was both lemon raspberry and cannoli flavored. They even made a separate batman cake for my husband that came out amazing!

Finally, our wedding planner, Maura Galligan was absolutely the best wedding planner ever. She thought of everything and was able to make all of our ideas (both crazy and seemingly impossible) work flawlessly with her incredible organization, attention to detail, ,and eerie ability to be in multiple places at once. I felt so at ease with her running things. We never knew anything went wrong if it did, and we were able to eat, and dance all night on our wedding day because of her incredible effort to make all our wedding dreams come true!

B · Married on 06/02/2018

The staff at The Commons is amazing! We worked with Kristi and Gianna at various times through the planning process of my daughter's wedding and then more closely with Gianna as the wedding day neared. Gianna was on site the day and night of the wedding, and we were thrilled that she was our wedding coordinator. Everything went like clockwork, just as she promised. Gianna and Kristi are the consummate professionals. They are the most organized and reliable people you could ever hope to work with. Any time we emailed, we received a reply back within an hour or two. They truly created a no-stress wedding experience. My daughter, son-in-law, and I were smitten with The Commons the moment we saw it. From the garden ceremony space to the gorgeous marble floors of the cocktail area to the balconied ballroom, the venue is extraordinarily beautiful and immaculately maintained. Our guests raved about the food, the service, and the ambiance. In addition, the acoustics are fabulous. Thanks, Gianna for helping us to create what our guests called the Best Wedding Ever!

Sent on 06/05/2018

The Commons 1854's reply:

Thank you so much for your incredibly kind words. This means the world to us at The Commons. We miss working with you all and hope everyone is doing well! You guys were THE BEST!! xo

Jackie · Married on 06/02/2018

Our experience with The Commons 1854 was excellent, and we are so happy we chose to celebrate our wedding at their venue. The staff was incredibly thoughtful, attentive, and friendly, which made the planning process and our actual wedding day smooth and enjoyable. Gianna and Kristi were both incredibly responsive and helpful throughout everything. The garden was a perfect backdrop for our ceremony, and guests raved about the beauty of the cocktail space and reception rooms as well. The food was excellent and the gelato/cannolis are not to be missed! The Commons 1854 is a gorgeous venue with one of a kind with service and staff to match. You will be happy you chose them for your special day!

Christina · Married on 05/26/2018

Where do we begin! The Commons is where the best night of our lives took place! Working on such an important event with Gianna and Kristi up until the big day was smooth and as easy as wedding planning could possibly be. It can be stressful at times I thought as most brides do, although their advice and quick responses to any questions made it a lot less worrisome.

The most common thing guests raved about (aside from how beautiful the venue was) was the food. Appetizers were passed during cocktail hour and everyone kept saying how delicious they were. There was more than enough servers going around so everyone had a chance to have an arrangement of what was chosen. We offered a filet that most guests chose and the piece of meat was not only a generous portion, but cooked and seasoned to perfection. We wouldn’t consider the food as “wedding food” because it was more like a 5 course meal you would receive at a high end restaurant. If you are a “foodie” and don’t want to worry about your guests going to Bill & Bobs on the way home, this is the wedding venue for you! :)

We visited 3 venues before visiting The Commons (my sister got married at The Commons in 2014 and I didn’t want to “copy her”) and we couldn’t resist choosing this one out of the others. It was an easy decision after comparing all other options and what you get for your money.

We will forever be grateful that we chose you guys for the best day/night of our lives!

Anthony & Christina Malerba

Kate · Married on 05/12/2018

The Commons 1854 is such a gorgeous venue! Both my husband and I fell in love with it from the moment we first saw it! My wedding day was absolutely perfect and everything I dreamed of would be! My guests are still talking about how great the food was! The entire staff at the commons was extremely helpful and super responsive from start to end. Gianna was such an amazing wedding coordinator! She was extremely helpful and responsive to any questions/concerns I had throughout the wedding planning process. We are so happy we chose The Commons and want to Thank the entire staff for making our wedding day so special!

Kayleigh · Married on 04/15/2018

Everyone at the Commons is super helpful and accommodating. They were great to work with and made our wedding day stress free and perfect.

Don · Married on 02/24/2018

We had a fantastic experience at the commons. From the beginning we felt comfortable and extremely confident in their ability to execute a flawless wedding, and that’s exactly what they did.

We first met with Kristi, who owns this family run business, and she was fantastic helping us to understand our options and how to make the best use of our budget. Once we decided on the venue we worked with Gianna to iron out the details and execute on game day. She was wonderful and even helped us coordinate the shipment of 18 cakes from Pittsburgh that had special meaning for us. This was at no extra cost even though it required their time and a few days of refrigerated storage! Just one of the many examples of the high level of service that is part of their philosophy and simply built in to how they operate.

On the day of, the venue looked gorgeous and things went better than we ever could have imagined; the staff was excellent (several of our guests commented on how great), food (made by venue) was perfect, and Gianna was always nearby asking what we needed or predicting a need we were to busy to even think about! We really couldn’t be happier. I could go on forever but I think the above should capture about all you need to know to at least go check the place and people out for yourself!

The Commons 1854 1

Deb · Married on 02/17/2018

Overall, I can't say enough good things about The Commons 1854. My daughter's wedding ran so smoothly. Gianna, our wedding coordinator, was AMAZING!!! Somehow, she manages to be everywhere at once. She's professional, kind...just unbelievable at her job. The food.....OUTSTANDING! People are still talking about it. There wasn't a single item that I felt could have been prepared better or tasted better. It's obviously not the cheapest place to hold your wedding, but it's worth every penny. I would 100% recommend The Commons 1854 for any event.

Sent on 03/02/2018

The Commons 1854's reply:

Deb! This made me tear...thank you so much for your kind words. I miss working with you all! Please give Amanda & Anthony my best. Can't believe they are coming up on a year of marriage! xoxo

Heather · Married on 12/31/2017

EVERYTHING AMAZING!!! Kristi and her staff so accommodating, the value and food were superb!!! Couldnt have had a better wedding thank you so much! Heather and Jason 5/20/17

Sent on 08/23/2017

The Commons 1854's reply:

Heather & Jason - it was a pleasure working with you to plan your beautiful wedding day! What a beautiful couple you make! We thank you for the kind words and wish you all the best! xo The Commons 1854

Holly · Married on 12/30/2017

Our wedding was held on December 30, 2017 and was the perfect location for a winter wedding. The venue itself, from the clean modernized downstairs (cocktail hour), to the gold trim, fireplaces, large windows and chandeliers that hang in the ballroom, is gorgeous no matter how you decorate it. It is a very classy, romantic and timeless looking venue.

The Owners, Frank and Kristi and the wedding coordinator, Gianna, could not have been any more amazing to work with. They deserve many thanks for making all of my wedding dreams come to life. Gianna was the perfect wedding coordinator and made sure my husband, myself and all of our guests were well taken care of.

Their staff, on all levels, always stayed so professional and they all made you feel like a part of their family.

The food is unbelievable and guests our still raving about it. Their filet and pizza is a must!

Love Love Love The Commons 1854, it exceeded all of my expectations.

Holly + Mike S.

• Brianna

Brianna · Married on 12/02/2017

I truly cannot describe in words just how pleased I am that my husband and I chose The Commons 1854 as our wedding venue. As soon as we walked through the front doors while taking a tour on our venue search, we knew we found the perfect location for our big day. From the beginning, Kristi and staff made us feel so welcomed and excited. Any questions we had along the way were answered promptly and thoroughly. During our rehearsal we were informed that our coordinator was ill and would not be able to attend the wedding day. However, Kristi called in another coordinator, Maura, who had absolutely taken every vision we had, and executed every single detail flawlessly. For having met Maura for the first time just two days prior to our wedding day, she hit it out of the park, and that is an understatement! The staff at The Commons 1854 are so wonderful and really take into account your dream wedding and work so very hard to make that vision a reality. The food was exquisite! We have had so many of our friends and family rave about the food, service, and atmosphere. The Commons 1854 genuinely took our wedding, a day that already would've been the best day of our lives, and made it unbelievable and truly unforgettable. Joseph and I cannot thank you enough!

Richard · Married on 08/25/2017

I am the father of the bride. We were thrilled with this service. The facility was stunning, lovely and historic, the staff went beyond outstanding to make this wedding day extra special, with their amazing warmness and hospitality. They were ready to make rapid changes to everything and anything we requested at the ceremony and during the event, without hesitation. They celebrated with us, and truly made us think we were the ONLY event on their minds and hearts. Family members told me the next day how much they enjoyed the event. Most importantly, my daughter was thrilled beyond belief. Fathers can tell. We had an elder relative who passed out and needed hospital care. The staff was ready for this, made the emergency arrangements, and were very kind and warm to the relative until he was whisked away in the ambulance. The staff stayed as late as we needed, beyond the end of the event. The wedding ceremony was held on the grounds in a beautiful garden complete with shrubs with side cover to enclose the area, and a beautiful canopy at the alter. During the rehearsal, they stayed well beyond it to be sure everyone felt good with the plans, answering every question (thanks to me, this went on for a while...). I would help arrange another family wedding at The Commons in a heartbeat ! Thank you so much for making my daughter's day so wonderful !

Note: I don't have the details of the questions below, but my daughter does. And, she could provide the signed contract. You may ask any questions through me

Christina · Married on 08/06/2017

We had the most incredible experience at The Commons 1854!! The day was flawless thanks to the entire staff. Everything ran smoothly due to our coordinator Johanna's preparation, experience and attention to detail. Our entire guest list felt so welcome and cared for throughout the day. Our previous meetings with Frank, Kristi and Gianna left no questions unanswered and gave us peace of mind on the big day!

Sent on 08/11/2017

The Commons 1854's reply:

Christina! We cannot thank you enough for your kind words. We are so appreciative of your review and we are so glad that we had the opportunity to serve you and your guests on your amazing wedding day! We wish you the very best and all the happiness in the world! xo The Commons 1854

Kellie · Married on 08/05/2017

I loved every part of wedding planning with The Commons. The venue was beautiful, the food was excellent, and the staff was helpful and energetic. I would highly recommend this venue! So many guests came up to me complimenting the various components of the Commons. If you choose this venue you will not be disappointed! :)

Sent on 08/15/2017

The Commons 1854's reply:

Kellie! We hope you are doing well! Thank you so much for your sweet words. We are so happy that we had the opportunity to serve you and your guests for your most special day. It was so much fun to work with you throughout your wedding planning process. We knew from the second that you walked into The Commons that you were so sweet! We wish you both the best and a lifetime of love, and happiness. xo The Commons 1854

Lynnzie · Married on 07/28/2017

The Commons was everything we wanted in a wedding venue and more! The beautiful space and the amazing staff gave us the wedding of our dreams (huge shout-out to Johanna for making every aspect of our wedding vision a reality). The food was incredible, the ballroom looked gorgeous, and the gardens look beautiful in our photos. A month and a half later, our guests are still talking about how impressed they were with The Commons and the food. The Commons staff was an absolute pleasure to work with for the whole planning process, the rehearsal, and the day-of event, and we can't thank them enough!

Sent on 09/13/2017

The Commons 1854's reply:

Lynnzie and Peter, on behalf of Kristi, Gianna, and Johanna, it was an absolute pleasure working with you both. Your wedding was so beautiful with all of your thoughtful details. We have gotten so many compliments on your beautiful table overlays! We wish you both the very best with a lifetime of love, and happiness. Sincerely, The Commons 1854

Colleen · Married on 07/22/2017

When looking for a wedding venue I knew I wanted something with character and The Commons 1854 definitely delivered! Not only is it a classy and unique setting but every staff members associated with the space was an absolute pleasure to work with. They are incredibly responsive and would respond to emails within a minutes. We had both our ceremony and reception at The Commons 1854 and it was amazing - the space itself is so beautiful and we received numerous compliments on the food. I cannot think of one negative thing that occurred during planning or on our big day!

Sent on 08/18/2017

The Commons 1854's reply:

Colleen! Thank you so much for your kind words! It was a pleasure working with you throughout your planning process and serving you and your guests. All of your details were absolutely gorgeous and fit with the venue perfectly. We wish you both a lifetime of love and happiness and thank you for allowing us to host your special day. xo The Commons 1854.

Melissa · Married on 07/07/2017

I had my wedding ceremony and reception at The Commons 1854, Topsfield on 7/7/17. It was certainly a lucky 7's wedding with some rain that eventually subsided with the sun peeking out to allow beautiful outside photos to be taken. Our wedding coordinator, Johanna was gem to work with! Johanna and the staff captured ever detail. The venue indoor/outdoor space, food, drinks, etc was top notch! I can't say enough about our experience there and would recommend your magical day be hosted at The Commons 1854!

Eileen · Married on 06/24/2017

The Commons and everyone who works there is nothing short of amazing. They were professional, welcoming, and accommodating at every step of the planning process. Every time I worked with them, I felt confident that we made the right decision in having our wedding there.

Jennifer · Married on 06/17/2017

The Commons was our dream wedding venue. It was stress free and the big day was absolutely stunning. The service was impeccable, the food was out of this world. Our guests are still talking about our wedding!

Lourdes · Married on 06/16/2017

The Commons 1854 was my number one choice from the very beginning. Everything about our wedding day was amazing. The rained didn't stop us. The venue is amazing by itself and with our small touches of decor it made it even more beautiful. I loved all the crystals and the chandeliers and especially the amazing customer service from the entire team. Every second we turn someone was right there make sure we were all set. Oooo Let's talk about the food. We chose to go with the gelato for desert instead of cake. It was amazing my favorite was coconut!! All of our guests were raving over the salmon, some even ask for the recipe. My husband had own his special dish which was steak and lobester he truly enjoyed every last bite!! I want to thank all of The Commons 1854 staff for all you did to make my husband and I wedding day so special. Hoping to work with you soon in the future for our daughter's Sweet 15.

Tunis Family

Lourdes · Married on 06/16/2017

Although our wedding day it down pour the Sun still shined inside the Commons. The staff were amazing anything I needed or my husband needed they were there every step of the way. Exceptional customer service. The food was the topic of the evening some of my guest even ask for the receipe for the salmon. My husband steak and lobster was divine with each bite he took he would say how delicious each bite was. We choose simple decor as the venue is already beautiful all on its own. We all had amazing time!! I'm so happy that we had our wedding at the Commons!!