241 Reviews for The Commons 1854

Lighting (1)
Chairs (1)
Tables (1)
241 The Commons 1854 Reviews

EVERYTHING AMAZING!!! Kristi and her staff so accommodating, the value and food were superb!!! Couldnt have had a better wedding thank you so much! Heather and Jason 5/20/17

Profile Picture Heather, 12/31/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our wedding was held on December 30, 2017 and was the perfect location for a winter wedding. The venue itself, from the clean modernized downstairs (cocktail hour), to the gold trim, fireplaces, large windows and chandeliers that hang in the ballroom, is gorgeous no matter how you decorate it. It is a very classy, romantic and timeless looking venue.

The Owners, Frank and Kristi and the wedding coordinator, Gianna, could not have been any more amazing to work with. They deserve many thanks for making all of my wedding dreams come to life. Gianna was the perfect wedding coordinator and made sure my husband, myself and all of our guests were well taken care of.

Their staff, on all levels, always stayed so professional and they all made you feel like a part of their family.

The food is unbelievable and guests our still raving about it. Their filet and pizza is a must!

Love Love Love The Commons 1854, it exceeded all of my expectations.

Holly + Mike S.

Profile Picture Holly, 12/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I truly cannot describe in words just how pleased I am that my husband and I chose The Commons 1854 as our wedding venue. As soon as we walked through the front doors while taking a tour on our venue search, we knew we found the perfect location for our big day. From the beginning, Kristi and staff made us feel so welcomed and excited. Any questions we had along the way were answered promptly and thoroughly. During our rehearsal we were informed that our coordinator was ill and would not be able to attend the wedding day. However, Kristi called in another coordinator, Maura, who had absolutely taken every vision we had, and executed every single detail flawlessly. For having met Maura for the first time just two days prior to our wedding day, she hit it out of the park, and that is an understatement! The staff at The Commons 1854 are so wonderful and really take into account your dream wedding and work so very hard to make that vision a reality. The food was exquisite! We have had so many of our friends and family rave about the food, service, and atmosphere. The Commons 1854 genuinely took our wedding, a day that already would've been the best day of our lives, and made it unbelievable and truly unforgettable. Joseph and I cannot thank you enough!

Profile Picture Brianna, 12/2/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Liquor License, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Chairs, Lighting, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor

I am the father of the bride. We were thrilled with this service. The facility was stunning, lovely and historic, the staff went beyond outstanding to make this wedding day extra special, with their amazing warmness and hospitality. They were ready to make rapid changes to everything and anything we requested at the ceremony and during the event, without hesitation. They celebrated with us, and truly made us think we were the ONLY event on their minds and hearts. Family members told me the next day how much they enjoyed the event. Most importantly, my daughter was thrilled beyond belief. Fathers can tell. We had an elder relative who passed out and needed hospital care. The staff was ready for this, made the emergency arrangements, and were very kind and warm to the relative until he was whisked away in the ambulance. The staff stayed as late as we needed, beyond the end of the event. The wedding ceremony was held on the grounds in a beautiful garden complete with shrubs with side cover to enclose the area, and a beautiful canopy at the alter. During the rehearsal, they stayed well beyond it to be sure everyone felt good with the plans, answering every question (thanks to me, this went on for a while...). I would help arrange another family wedding at The Commons in a heartbeat ! Thank you so much for making my daughter's day so wonderful !

Note: I don't have the details of the questions below, but my daughter does. And, she could provide the signed contract. You may ask any questions through me

Profile Picture Richard, 8/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had the most incredible experience at The Commons 1854!! The day was flawless thanks to the entire staff. Everything ran smoothly due to our coordinator Johanna's preparation, experience and attention to detail. Our entire guest list felt so welcome and cared for throughout the day. Our previous meetings with Frank, Kristi and Gianna left no questions unanswered and gave us peace of mind on the big day!

Profile Picture Christina, 8/6/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I loved every part of wedding planning with The Commons. The venue was beautiful, the food was excellent, and the staff was helpful and energetic. I would highly recommend this venue! So many guests came up to me complimenting the various components of the Commons. If you choose this venue you will not be disappointed! :)

Profile Picture Kellie, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Indoor, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated

The Commons was everything we wanted in a wedding venue and more! The beautiful space and the amazing staff gave us the wedding of our dreams (huge shout-out to Johanna for making every aspect of our wedding vision a reality). The food was incredible, the ballroom looked gorgeous, and the gardens look beautiful in our photos. A month and a half later, our guests are still talking about how impressed they were with The Commons and the food. The Commons staff was an absolute pleasure to work with for the whole planning process, the rehearsal, and the day-of event, and we can't thank them enough!

Profile Picture Lynnzie, 7/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

When looking for a wedding venue I knew I wanted something with character and The Commons 1854 definitely delivered! Not only is it a classy and unique setting but every staff members associated with the space was an absolute pleasure to work with. They are incredibly responsive and would respond to emails within a minutes. We had both our ceremony and reception at The Commons 1854 and it was amazing - the space itself is so beautiful and we received numerous compliments on the food. I cannot think of one negative thing that occurred during planning or on our big day!

Profile Picture Colleen, 7/22/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding ceremony and reception at The Commons 1854, Topsfield on 7/7/17. It was certainly a lucky 7's wedding with some rain that eventually subsided with the sun peeking out to allow beautiful outside photos to be taken. Our wedding coordinator, Johanna was gem to work with! Johanna and the staff captured ever detail. The venue indoor/outdoor space, food, drinks, etc was top notch! I can't say enough about our experience there and would recommend your magical day be hosted at The Commons 1854!

Profile Picture Melissa, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Commons and everyone who works there is nothing short of amazing. They were professional, welcoming, and accommodating at every step of the planning process. Every time I worked with them, I felt confident that we made the right decision in having our wedding there.

Profile Picture Eileen, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The Commons was our dream wedding venue. It was stress free and the big day was absolutely stunning. The service was impeccable, the food was out of this world. Our guests are still talking about our wedding!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/17/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The Commons 1854 was my number one choice from the very beginning. Everything about our wedding day was amazing. The rained didn't stop us. The venue is amazing by itself and with our small touches of decor it made it even more beautiful. I loved all the crystals and the chandeliers and especially the amazing customer service from the entire team. Every second we turn someone was right there make sure we were all set. Oooo Let's talk about the food. We chose to go with the gelato for desert instead of cake. It was amazing my favorite was coconut!! All of our guests were raving over the salmon, some even ask for the recipe. My husband had own his special dish which was steak and lobester he truly enjoyed every last bite!! I want to thank all of The Commons 1854 staff for all you did to make my husband and I wedding day so special. Hoping to work with you soon in the future for our daughter's Sweet 15.

Tunis Family

Profile Picture Lourdes , 6/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Although our wedding day it down pour the Sun still shined inside the Commons. The staff were amazing anything I needed or my husband needed they were there every step of the way. Exceptional customer service. The food was the topic of the evening some of my guest even ask for the receipe for the salmon. My husband steak and lobster was divine with each bite he took he would say how delicious each bite was. We choose simple decor as the venue is already beautiful all on its own. We all had amazing time!! I'm so happy that we had our wedding at the Commons!!

Profile Picture Lourdes, 6/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

The service from planning, set up, the wedding day and cleanup was beyond amazing. I could not have asked for a more perfect day!

Profile Picture Laura, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I'm not quite sure where to even start because every aspect of my reception at The Commons 1854 was amazing. My wedding was over 6 months ago and friends and family wont stop raving about the venue, food, drinks, service etc. On multiple occasions friends and family have told me its the best wedding they've ever been to. The staff was amazing making sure I was always taken care of during pictures, dinner, and dancing. Even down to my drink always being refreshed in the corner of the dance floor, waiting for me. My bustle broke, badly, and Johanna jumped in without hesitation to help sew and fix it. The Commons' attention to detail is exquisite and really makes a celebration a memorable experience for the guests, bride, and groom. Thanks to everyone at The Commons who made my day such a memorable day for my husband and I!

Profile Picture Holly, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue was perfect for my NYE wedding this year! The staff there are amazing, prompt with their responses, professional, and just a pleasure to deal with! My coordinator Johanna was the best!!! She made our day go by smoothly and I always felt comfortable with her at the realm. Honestly she was running around the entire day as much as the rest of the staff. The food here is soooo good and I heard nothing but positive responses from all our guests. This is definitely a venue that takes pride in their service and it shows!

Profile Picture User6131882, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Tastings

Our winter wedding at The Commons was even better than I could have imagined. You know how people are always saying, "expect something to go wrong on your wedding day"? Not at The Commons! Everything was flawless, from the lighting to the food to the pacing of the night. Our guests commented on how smoothly everything went and how efficient the venue was in every way. The food was absolutely outstanding, and Johanna, our coordinator, was a professional at every turn. I had a lot of questions during the year leading up to the wedding, and Johanna was always prompt and pleasant in her replies. I cannot recommend The Commons highly enough - they made our night absolutely perfect!

Profile Picture Heather, 12/17/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Amazing experience! Made us feel like we were the only people to ever get married there and they did everything possible to make our day go as smoothly as possible!

Profile Picture Carrie, 12/2/16, 2 Reviews

Beautiful Place
The staff was amazing

Profile Picture Jenna, 11/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Beautiful venue, friendly service and flexible staff. Everyone was very responsive and super helpful!

Profile Picture Casey, 10/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

LOVE LOVE LOVE The Commons! Frank, Kristi and the even better Johanna the bridal coordinator are absolutely fantastic! We had our wedding October 15, 2016, and I cannot rave enough about them. From the food (which is to die for, seriously) to the professionalism, down to the over all feeling like you're royalty is just amazing. Anyone contemplating where to get married you have to check out the commons. I wish I could give more than 5 stars!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/15/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our wedding here 10/2/2016, a Sunday. Our Wedding Coordinator Gianna who was amazing, she was very attentive to our needs. Being a nervous bride i had a lot of questions and Gianna was very responsive to my emails. A month prior to the wedding we sat down and went over every detail. She calmed my nerves and felt better when i left. The location is gorgeous they keep this place immaculate. All my guests had a wonderful time, loved the venue, food and of course the staff. Thank you Gianna, Joanna, Kristi and Frank everything was absolutely perfect it exceeded my expectations.

Profile Picture Tania, 10/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Lighting/Sound, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Stations

I could not picture having our wedding anywhere else but The Commons! From the moment I saw their website, I knew that this would be our special place. Gianna and the rest of the staff are absolute professionals and helped us plan and think of every detail for our wedding day. Despite being a bride planning from another state, my conversations with the team, over email, phone, and text, instilled such confidence in me with the planning process. The venue is beautiful, the food is phenomenal, the staff is perfection - The Commons is a wedding dream come true!

Profile Picture Taylor, 9/25/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Stations, Tastings, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Parking, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink

We can’t say enough wonderful things about Kristi, Johanna, Frank, and the whole team at the Commons. After searching at nearly 30 venues, when we stepped into the Commons we knew it was the right place for us to get married. I am very detail-oriented and it was great working with Kristi and Johanna because they are organized, professional, and offered wonderful tips and advice through the whole wedding-planning process. Frank was also great to work with, and his homemade pasta is a MUST HAVE at your wedding (and this is coming from a family full of pasta-making Italians!).

The day of our wedding, we were beyond impressed with Johanna’s professionalism. She kept our timeline moving, made sure I was eating and even brought a tray of appetizers to me to make sure I got a taste of all of them. The whole night it seemed like Johanna was everywhere, whether it was taking care of small details that we hadn’t thought of (like offering our bridal party mints before the introductions) or letting us know when would be a good time to go table-to-table, she was extremely professional and smiling the whole evening!

The whole team at the Commons was enthusiastic, accommodating, and helpful, and made our wedding feel more special than we could have imagined.

Profile Picture User7288825, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews