Studio Saldana

Flexibility
Profile Picture
Barisa
05/25/2013

I started out talking to Steven Saldana about everything that they offer for wedding photography. He is really easy to talk to and had many insightful suggestions. Steven was already booked but showed me his associate, Melissa Robin's work. We really liked both of their perspectives in their photography - They really capture the emotion and energy of the day. Studio Saldana's Melissa Robin was our wedding photographer. We also did an engagement session in Central Park in early Spring. Melissa is always energetic and professional - and most of all - fun. We started our engagement session snapping some pictures of my now-husband and I standing against one of the many little bridges. We were just talking to each other and trying to keep smiling when we noticed that we didn't see Melissa anymore. We started looking around and saw that she was lying in some tall grass taking pictures of us. In the dirt - on the ground. It made us laugh and realize that this was going to be fun. Melissa worked with us on our day-of itinerary and showed up on time and ready on our wedding day. The day was great and I was confident that she got plenty of great shots. There was even another moment of wondering where she was - only to find her behind more tall grass. It turns out those angles were our favorite photos. We got our pictures back in about 4 weeks and they really blew us away. We knew they'd be great because the engagement photos were great but we were so thrilled with the wedding photos that we were immediately imagining the giant house we would have to buy to frame all of the ones that we love. Melissa captured everyone's personalities - especially my 20 month old niece - perfectly. My sister is so thrilled to have such a gift of those photos of her daughter laughing and innocent. We actually hired Studio Saldana to take more photos at another location that we couldn't get to on our wedding day. And I'm thinking our relationship will be a long one.

Services Used: Photography
LOCATION
154 Grand Street, New York City, NY 10013
BLOG

Wedding Photojournalism & Portrait

"For many years I searched for what I really wanted to be passionate about. In between jobs I would travel for months at a time, backpacking all over the world. I bought a camera and I was having the time of my life. It was fun, exhilarating, uncomfortable, exciting and I was hooked. Despite a great career in D.C, I wanted to pursue a life with constant adventure. Quickly, I realized that the camera was my ticket to enter in to that experience. I quit my job and moved to New York City.

Along the way I found purpose in the work I was doing. Through the years my camera became a tool for me to be there for people, to tell their stories to countless others. That moment when I clicked the shutter to photograph a mother dying of cancer, barely making it out of the hospital and surprising her daughter on her wedding day was unforgettable. Being on a mountain top in Titanyen, Haiti capturing a pair of TOMS on my feet and glancing over at an orphan with her own pair, coincidentally, truly reflecting the amazing One For One movement was unbelievable.

When not photographing I spend that time with my amazing girlfriend, Sera, and as well working passionately with Fish4Hope, a for-purpose organization that builds sustainable communities in impoverished regions of Haiti.

I feel so incredibly grateful to have found my purpose with photography and I cannot wait to tell your story through photographs."

Steve