Monica Roy Photographer

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

We can not recommend Monica Roy enough. She was excellent. And our photos were beautiful, so much better than we could've imagined. We had a very short City Hall wedding, and we didn't have a reserved space at city hall either, so the ceremony is only about 10-15mins long. But
Monica came up with plenty of great photos in that short amount of time. We then took a bunch of group shots at city hall after the ceremony, and Monica didn't rush us at all, we felt very well taken care of. She was very professional, she moved things along at a good speed, and she was very helpful in directing us with the poses. She allowed us to be ourselves and feel relaxed in the photos, but then knew when to assistance us with a pose. I've never thought that I was a photogenic person, but Monica's pics made me think the opposite about myself. And my husband looked great as well, and he was also really amazed with the outcome. We then went to a bar to meet up with our friends after the private photo shoot at city hall. At the bar, it was really dark, hardly any light, but Monica did an amazing job. From the photos you would never guess it was so dark, they were crystal clear, and she didn't use an annoying flash either. At the bar we hardly noticed she was there, we were just enjoying ourselves, and we had no idea she was capturing so many great photos of everyone. I think that is the best photographer you can hope to get, one you don't even notice is there, yet is capturing the whole experience, and gives direction when it is needed and useful. You don't want to feel like you are being bossed around on your wedding day. And Monica never made us feel that way. Also she is incredibly organized and went though so much pre-planning with us via e-mail and over the phone. Because we actually live in LA and we weren't going to be in SF until the wedding. I really felt like everything was being handled well with Monica and that was such a relief.Monica really was such a pleasure to work with!

Services Used: Photography
LOCATION
San Francisco, CA 94122

I believe that great photography can make any person or event look naturally fabulous.

I'm a San Francisco Bay Area wedding & portrait photographer with an eye for beauty, composition, and fleeting emotions. Combining fashion editorial inspired portraiture with candid imagery ensures that I capture a set that is both beautiful and authentic. Because you shouldn't have to choose between flattering portraits and real, meaningful moments.

If shooting your wedding, I'll precisely guide you to look your most amazing during our scheduled portrait sessions, but shoot unobtrusively the rest of the time so you can simply be present to enjoy the festivities and your loved ones. Beyond weddings, I am available for maternity, family, and engagement portrait sessions. I photograph non-wedding events on a limited basis. Browse some of my reviews to see how easy it is to work with me.

I'm a member of the Wedding Photojournalist Association and a vetted vendor for A Practical Wedding. My work has been featured in family style blog Grey Likes Baby, California venues resource I Do Venues, as well as the SF Arts Commission book San Francisco: Arts for the City.

A bit about me: I aim to do everything with intention and mindfulness (including clicking the camera shutter!). I love traveling, with India, Iceland, and Japan being my favorite photography destinations. My day to day is filled with reading, music, learning, and feeble attempts at cooking and keeping houseplants alive.

Photos@monicaroy.com