Photo: George Francis Jr.
Simple white wedding favor boxes are easy to customize to match your wedding theme and decor! For this design, we started with the Ivory Shimmer Two Piece Favor Box by Invitations by Dawn (50 for $80). Making the bow topper takes under two minutes, and can be quickly hot glued to the lid.
Step-by-step instructions for the bow follow below:
1. Gather multiple colors of sturdy hemp cord (we used the Valentine's Day Natural Hemp Cord by Paper Source)
2. Place your pointer finger and middle finger together, then loosely wrap each color cord around your fingers 3 - 5 times each.
3. Slide the loop of cords off your finger.
4. Pinch the middle of the loop, then wrap another cord around the center 2 to 3 times. Secure with a knot.
5. Snip the cords at the center of each end of the loop. Trim any uneven strips. Voilà! You now have your bow.
6. Place a dot of hot glue on the bottom center of the bow, then press firmly onto the lid of the box.