WWLauren
Super April 2019

You've got mail...

WWLauren, on September 4, 2014 at 3:08 PM Posted in Planning 0 23
Saved Save

We want to see your invitations!

What made you go with your design - does it match a theme you're having?

We're excited to see these beauties! Smiley smile

23 Comments

• Mrs. Bauer
    Super October 2014
    Mrs. Bauer ·
    • Flag

I don't have pictures of how mine actually turned out (sorry!), but these are the links to the ones I used. The font colors were a navy blue and green, and they turned out wonderfully! The were just simple and elegant, and that's what attracted me to it. I liked that they also had a touch of "vintage", which goes perfectly with my wedding (lots of lace and Mr. Frank Sinatra). =)

Save the Dates:

https://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/5771790/il_570xN.293430768.jpg

Invitations:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/122911097/miranda-ii-vintage-luggage-tag-look?ref=shop_home_active_4

• kristenann
    Master October 2014
    kristenann ·
    • Flag

My invitations were probably both one of the harder decision and one of my favorite wedding purchases. We ordered at least 70 samples from various places and gave Etsy a shot at the last minute. They're from Beacon Lane (Etsy), but they also have a store front in Chicago. They were amazing to work with too! Our theme is modern elegant and our colors are black, white and grey. I think they fit perfectly!

• Koch Bride
    Master September 2014
    Koch Bride ·
    • Flag

Ooh KristenAnn your invitations are beautiful!

I ended up making ours myself on MixBook and was shocked out how lovely they came out. They are eggplant purple and have a vintage/traditional look which fits perfectly with us. Invitations were something I wanted to not spend a fortune on and mine were definitely a huge deal. I got all of my invitations, response cards and an info card for less than $150.

• AndixLyn
    Master June 2015
    AndixLyn ·
    • Flag

Simple, classic, not at all formal. it matches the wood furniture in our home and the photobooth backdrop i made for his birthday which became our engagement.

• Barbara
    Master September 2014
    Barbara ·
    • Flag

We couldn't find anything we liked online, so we made our own! We did try to match our "theme"-- kind of woodsy but also magical and a little bit elegant.

And I honestly couldn't say enough good things about our paper vendor, Cards and Pockets!! They have an awesome selection and they always sent everything super quickly!

• Finally mrs.jkr
    Master June 2015
    Finally mrs.jkr ·
    • Flag

The mirrored black and white version of my invites and maybe RSVP if I have the pic saved.

• RequiresSnacks
    Devoted October 2014
    RequiresSnacks ·
    • Flag

We are having a fall-themed wedding and these invitations fit perfectly! (ordered on the cheap through vistaprint and then jazzed up with the ribbon)

• RH
    Master November 2014
    RH ·
    • Flag

Here is ours! We are having the reception in a barn, it's a beautiful venue that gives off a rustic vibe. The RSVP's are post cards.

• Mrs Rueckert
    Expert November 2014
    Mrs Rueckert ·
    • Flag

Here are ours.. no theme, they just match our wedding colors.

• Sammy
    VIP October 2014
    Sammy ·
    • Flag

We ordered our save the dates online, I can't remember for sure but I think it was wedding paper divas. They were so cute looked like an old fashioned ticket that even though they weren't really any of our colors I couldn't resist. The Invitations we got at Michael's. We bought one box at a time every time we got a 50% off coupon, so 3 boxes were only $60! I would have loved to have had a really decadent and obscene invite, some of the wedding paper divas invitations suites are just GORGEOUS but I just couldn't bring myself to spend the money! Besides, no one saves the invitations!

• FinallyMrsSloan
    VIP April 2015
    FinallyMrsSloan ·
    • Flag

@AndixLyn and @RebeccaHope where did you find those designs? I really like them! @kristenann love the bling on yours!

• rusticbride
    Master May 2014
    rusticbride ·
    • Flag

They were so beautiful! I have one frames with our wedding photos, and that's not on display at home Smiley smile

• FutureMrsZottola
    Master July 2015
    FutureMrsZottola ·
    • Flag

Here are my babies!

My STD's do not match my theme AT ALL! We are having a summer wedding with bright colors and our pics for our STD's were taken in the fall with fall colors and pumpkins. I just really wanted an STD' that was magnetic, affordable, and had our pics on it. My invites match our theme/colors (fuchsia, white, and bling/silver) and were specially designed for us. I love that the person who designed them was able to include everything that was important to me in them (the Z, the double hearts, the pink, the glitter, etc.

#1 STD (jpeg)

#2 Entire invite (delivered)

#3 invite (jpeg) for a closer look

• RH
    Master November 2014
    RH ·
    • Flag

@FutureMrsSloan- I had a design company make them for me. My coworker has connections with someone who works there so she hooked me up and they waived the design fee so that helped out a bit on pricing. I was originally going to make my own from vistaprint (they do have some pretty neat designs on there similar to what I ended up with) but I ended up going the easy route and had them designed. They cost $150 for 100 invites, RSVP's & envelopes.

• Tracy
    VIP February 2015
    Tracy ·
    • Flag

We're having a destination wedding in Hawaii so these invitations were perfect for us. I love, love, love them!!!

• Northern MN
    Master November 2014
    Northern MN ·
    • Flag

What made you go with your design - does it match a theme you're having? :

I wanted something rustic but with a very clean style to it. I used a photo of the wedding location, birchbark, and arrows as the themes through out.

• Lacey
    Master May 2014
    Lacey ·
    • Flag

They were floral and pink. I couldn't have asked for more.

• Elizabeth
    Super September 2014
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

This isn't my information but is my invitation. I wanted something elegant but not full on traditional.

• TheFrankSpot
    Expert November 2014
    TheFrankSpot ·
    • Flag

Ours match our theme and website. We're having a 1920's Speakeasy Experience! Our colors are Emerald Green, Black and Gold. I really wanted a green envelope and we got it! Only one person thought it was a Christmas card... really?! in July?! What a dunce!

• Kylene
    VIP October 2014
    Kylene ·
    • Flag

These are our art deco 1920s inspired invites! They ended up in an antique gold pocket folder with a a belly band and sealed with a sticker with a G on it. Wish I had a pic on hand of the final product!

Comment on this discussion