Mrs. Katie J
Super October 2013

Why You No RSVP?!?!

Mrs. Katie J, on September 12, 2013 at 6:24 PM Posted in Planning 0 53
Saved Save

Our RSVP deadline was today...

Our wedding is on October 12th, 30 days away, and we gave everyone 8 weeks to respond...

We have 64 people out of 241 that have yet to respond (That's over a quarter of the guests)...

7 of those missing are from people in the bridal party...

SERIOUSLY?!?

53 Comments

• Stacey
    Super September 2013
    Stacey ·
    • Flag

The response I get "Oh, I just assumed you knew I was coming"

• MrsO
    Master May 2012
    MrsO ·
    • Flag

Honestly, you sent out your invites really early. In those 8 weeks they had to respond, they probably forgot and/or lost their rsvp card.

I know that that is super annoying to have to contact and check up with that many missing RSVPs though. Definitely enlist some help (Mom for your family? MIL for FH's family?) for contacting people. Good luck Smiley smile

• Mrs. Katie J
    Super October 2013
    Mrs. Katie J ·
    • Flag

Stacey: I. Love. You. LOL That ecard is freakin' awesome!!! Smiley laugh

I seriously might post that to Facebook in 5...4...3...2...1...

I HATE that response!!! Especially because we gave the option for their dinner! So we NEED their RSVP to know what they're ordering...and more importantly, if they're coming at all!! Smiley tongue

• ItsGoodToBeKing
    Master February 2014
    ItsGoodToBeKing ·
    • Flag

We put "RSVP strictly enforced" on the bottom of our RSVP cards so when I make my ONE round of calls 2 weeks out from the deadline and people donʻt say anything, I wonʻt feel guilty at all. Too bad, so sad.

• Stacey
    Super September 2013
    Stacey ·
    • Flag

Katie....just for you Smiley smile

• Stacey
    Super September 2013
    Stacey ·
    • Flag

Put both pictures on FB...see how quick you get replies back Smiley laugh

• 2015Bride
    Super May 2015
    2015Bride ·
    • Flag

I can't imagine how frustrating that must be, waiting on responses is one thing I am not looking forward too when that time comes for us. I hope you hear from them soon

• Mrs. Katie J
    Super October 2013
    Mrs. Katie J ·
    • Flag

Mrs. O: "Super annoying" is the tip of the iceberg...LOL

Dana: Here I thought we were inviting adults that wouldn't need such a reminder!!! Silly me!!! Smiley tongue It's crazy that even needs to be said!

Stacey: You're awesome! Smiley laugh

2015Bride: It's terrible! We have received them steadily, at least one a day, since we sent them out, but it's awful when the deadline day creeps up and you're like, "oh, they must all be busy....well, they had to have put it in the mail by now........Seriously?? We haven't received it yet???......THEY WERE DUE TODAY!!! WHY IS THAT SO DIFFICULT?!?!" Smiley tongue

• Stacey
    Super September 2013
    Stacey ·
    • Flag

I am tempted to use this line myself!

• HisBride
    Super May 2015
    HisBride ·
    • Flag

Stacey L is soooo on point LOL

• Mrs. Katie J
    Super October 2013
    Mrs. Katie J ·
    • Flag

Stacey: Ha!!! That's awesome! Smiley laugh

Mrs. W: Completely! Smiley laugh

• Ashleigh
    Master November 2013
    Ashleigh ·
    • Flag

I love these! I'm going to have to save them all and send them to my peeps when they don't RSVP. I'm doing them online, so I anticipate having to contact quite a few...

• Mrs.Diercks
    Dedicated October 2013
    Mrs.Diercks ·
    • Flag

These cards are awesome. I am really worried about responses and I still have almost a month and a half. People just don't realize how inconsiderate it is. Hopefully you will get many more very quickly.

• Lauren K
    Super September 2013
    Lauren K ·
    • Flag

We were pretty much at the same ratio upon RSVP date. Called and texted everyone. Figured it out.

• Lauren K
    Super September 2013
    Lauren K ·
    • Flag

Oh yes we posted nasty ecards on fb. Lol fws aunt got offended but it prompted her to come!!

• ... just add coffee
    VIP October 2013
    ... just add coffee ·
    • Flag

I had the same problem. I never got back quite a few of them. I've contacted people and not heard back.

No one from FH's family sent theirs back. Everyone claims to have lost it. A handful of people RSVP'd for extra people when they weren't given a plus 1.

Several of FH's friends lost theirs. ugh

And several of my friends mentioned they probably couldn't come - they didn't send back their RSVP and when I asked them just to double check that they couldn't make it, they never answered me. And none of them have spoken to me since.

So, that makes me feel super awesome.

• Mrs. Katie J
    Super October 2013
    Mrs. Katie J ·
    • Flag

Ashleigh: Save away!! But hopefully you won't need them! Smiley winking

FutureMrs.D: I know, right?!? Smiley tongue

Lauren K: LOL!

• IrishLove™
    Master October 2013
    IrishLove™ ·
    • Flag

Ours is Sat.... and THE USPS LOST MORE THAN HALF OF OUR INVITES!!!!!!

YOu better follow up and find out if they got their invite!!!!!

• Mrs. Katie J
    Super October 2013
    Mrs. Katie J ·
    • Flag

JAC: We've had NINE people added that were not invited...I never thought that we would get that many additions. We only granted "plus-ones" to people who are, engaged, living together, married, or have been together for a long time. Apparently, people are going to add whomever they want, whenever they want, regardless of how much money it costs. The only reason we haven't rejected their additions is due to the declines we've received, that equal the amount of additions...Ugh!!! Smiley tongue

And if anyone says that they lost their invitation, they're getting punched directly in the junk. Smiley tongue

• Mrs. Katie J
    Super October 2013
    Mrs. Katie J ·
    • Flag

IrishLove: That's the next step!! Starting tomorrow, we're going to call each and every one of the missing RSVP's...

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics