Christina
Expert June 2018

Where are all the second marriage brides!!!!!

Christina , on April 6, 2017 at 9:28 PM Posted in Planning 0 39
Saved Save

Im getting married for the Second and last time. How is this planning different from your first?

39 Comments

• Christina
    Expert June 2018
    Christina ·
    • Flag

I'll start. I'm older and wiser. My wedding this time will be smaller, budget friendly and family only wedding. The ceremony will include our kids and my fiance is my best friend.

• Christina
    Expert June 2018
    Christina ·
    • Flag

Sarah....My fiance and I are doing what we want as well. We both have been married before.

• Orchids
    Master March 2018
    Orchids ·
    • Flag

Second time bride here! Soooo much more relaxed this go-round!

• s
    Expert July 2017
    s ·
    • Flag

Last time I was 18 a child. This time I'm an adult in a career paying for our own wedding. It's fun this time.

• D
    Devoted July 2017
    Dana ·
    • Flag

This is my second time too and my fiance's as well. Our only wedding party are our four kids. I have been stressed because we are planning this all in 5 months. Originally, we thought about eloping or waiting until next summer. But we already all live together and I didn't want to wait that long. It does get overwhelming trying to get all the planning done though since this time around super busy with kids and their events and such. I am so excited though! Can't wait for it to be here!

• C
    Devoted July 2018
    Cham ·
    • Flag

First time was young and parents ran everything since they paid and it was a horrible experience I didn't get anything I wanted I get it your paying for it wtf you even ask me for my opinion and not take it. Sis most horrible sister ever she wanted me in a fitted dress and I wanted a ballgown same price she talk my parents to buy me the dress i didn't wanted still pissed off about that and her daughter my neice ruin my hair on my wedding day I cried because she didn't like that I compliment her hair she took it as insult and lash at me. And my sister same one promise to order my cake then when it got closer I asked about it she said you don't need a Cake wtf why make a promise. They got a wedding band they freeken sang elvis Presley fools rush in song to our first dance. To make matters worse the same sister dance during our first dance with her ex. Yep my family something I was better off backyard wedding I didn't mind. 2nd time around and last time were paying and running everything I'm not even talking wedding to them they just need to show up.

• Mrs&MrsToBe
    Super September 2017
    Mrs&MrsToBe ·
    • Flag

This will be my second as well, FW's first. I feel much more relaxed this time and more on top of wedding etiquette. Last time around I was 20 and just did what I had seen at every wedding I had ever been to: potluck, dollar dance, friendors...Ugh! If I'd only known then what I know now! Also it was the mid 90's so there were crepe paper streamers and balloons everywhere. So glad I get to have a do-over! Plus this time I am honestly marrying my best friend!

• K
    Beginner August 2019
    Kerrie-Ann ·
    • Flag

My first marriage was fast and I was very young. My 2nd wedding isn't going to be for over 2 years. I'm trying to get details and planning done as soon as possible. I'm making it a point to enjoy my fiancé and planning..

Congrats by the way

• Teri
    VIP May 2017
    Teri ·
    • Flag

I'm not stressing about the little things. I am also not arguing with family and friends when they offer to do something for me. I know that they aren't suppose to do anything for the wedding, but I'm not asking for help nor am I expecting it.

• 1978jojo
    Super August 2017
    1978jojo ·
    • Flag

This is both mine and FH second time and last time !!! We are having the wedding of our dreams of coarse we can afford it this time around !!

• J
    Just Said Yes May 2017
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

Better 2nd time...don't sweat the small stuff. Don't care about programs, flutes, cake cutters...stuff like that. Just can't wait to marry him. First time it was a party. This time is for real love. Marrying my best friend. Good luck!!!

• OregonGirl
    Super September 2016
    OregonGirl ·
    • Flag

I wish I could do it again and marry the same guy! I'd do it differently for sure. You learn so much from planning one. I'd make mine smaller, skip the bridesmaids, get married someplace beautiful outdoors and do a small reception at a nice restaurant. Maybe like 50 people instead of 125!

• Heather
    Dedicated March 2018
    Heather ·
    • Flag

2nd for me. 1st for SO. 1st I did everything alone...even got my dress alone. Nothing was what I wanted, no one helped.

This one SO and I are surprising our family. We've done everything together. His Sis and BIL are MOH and BM so they can help.

Small wedding. Focused on marriage not the wedding. Spending more on less guests for the wedding we want.

• L
    Beginner May 2017
    Leslie ·
    • Flag

This is my second time around! It is a lot more stressful because I was so young my first time I didn't have the as you would say the true idea behind the actual planning

• 2d Bride
    Champion October 2009
    2d Bride ·
    • Flag

It was my second, but NotFroofy's first. My first wedding, the groom thought he needed to have everyone up to and including second cousins there, so the wedding ended up much larger than I wanted. Also, I was working full-time and going to law school while the wedding was being planned, while he was just going to school. So I was happy to have anyone other than me do the planning. His family did a lot of the planning, he did some, and I did very little.

Second time around, NotFroofy and I planned the whole thing ourselves.

• Tricia
    VIP October 2017
    Tricia ·
    • Flag

I'm older and I know what I want this time. This time I realize it is our wedding, we can do what we want, there are no rules. I hate here comes the bride. I just do. So I'm not using it. It never occurred to me the first time I could change the music. This is his only time, so it's still a big party, but I have a better grasp of what really matters and what I don't need.

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    • Flag

2nd time for both of us. I have more focus as to pulling everything together and knowing how I want it to look and feel. I know what styles of dresses look good on me now. I regret not having a videographer at my 1st wedding or focusing more on flowers so this time I am.

• J
    Savvy December 2018
    Jocelyne ·
    • Flag

My fiance is my best friend!!! That's one of the biggest differences. I have a great relationship with my future in laws. I don't feel the pressure of having to please anyone... I can go on and on...

• Amber
    Super September 2017
    Amber ·
    • Flag

2nd for the FH and me. We actually care MORE about this one because we are so much more sure of what we want at this point in our lives. Both of us eloped for our first marriages. I guess because we're older we're more adept at dealing with stress, talking out differences, and coming to a compromise so wedding planning isn't "fun" but we aren't freaking out like we would have been when we were 20.

I just realized we forgot to include RSVP by dates on our invites...I just told the FH and he said "Fuck it, we'll just include a card with the RSVP date" 20 years ago I probably would have counted it as a major disaster...

• M
    Dedicated May 2017
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

This is my second wedding. My first i didn't get to plan or do anything. He wanted it at the courthouse. This time, I got to pan and buy a wedding dress.

Comment on this discussion