Jo
WeddingWire Administrator May 2015

What's your current guest list tally?

Jo, on June 12, 2018 at 12:05 PM Posted in Planning 0 52
Saved Save

It's so hard to keep track of your guest list total because it seems like it is constantly changing. Which friend just got into a relationship and now wants to bring a date? Which distant relative do your parents suddenly demand be added? Which random coworker has your partner invited now?! There is no way to sugarcoat it, the guest list can be one of the toughest parts of the planning process. What's your current guest list number?

What's your current guest list tally? 1

Photo: Lauren Brown Photography

52 Comments

• M
    Devoted July 2018
    Mrs. Terelo ·
    • Flag
    68, up from the 54 we initially started at.

Rsvps are due back next week and no further invites are going out. So we will likely end up at about 55 people total in attendance.
  • Kaylyn
    Super May 2019
    Kaylyn ·
    • Flag
    Originally was 170 but now we’re going with 33 including us
  • Mrs. Mecking
    Expert August 2018
    Mrs. Mecking ·
    • Flag
    Originally 20 currently 16 including my FH and I.
  • Lacie
    Devoted September 2018
    Lacie ·
    • Flag

If my all of my co-workers, FH's co-workers, and the people from IL's church they want to invite all come.... it's gonna be around 280 something...

• PrincessLawrence
    VIP June 2018
    PrincessLawrence ·
    • Flag

203 is our final count for friday

• Brandy
    Expert October 2018
    Brandy ·
    • Flag

Originally 120, now we're at 128. We haven't sent out invitations yet so it might end up balancing out if some people aren't able to come

• M&M Bride
    Super September 2018
    M&M Bride ·
    • Flag

We are inviting 402 guests. In that number we included a plus one for any guest over the age of 18 so hopefully it doesn't grow any!

• Jessica
    VIP October 2018
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    I believe were around 130 now and I've decided that for each random person added to our list, I get to add a random person too. Wanna invite grandma's sister's cousin's dog's babysitter's kid? Awesome! So my distant coworker now gets a random plus one. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    We are now at "capacity" which means nobody is being added and thats final (unless its a matter that's privately discussed with FH and I)
  • Deryn
    Expert October 2018
    Deryn ·
    • Flag
    We are sending out invites for 212 guests
  • Lacie
    Devoted September 2018
    Lacie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Whew. And I thought I had a big guest list. Hope it all goes well!!

• starsinwaves
    VIP November 2018
    starsinwaves ·
    • Flag

We invited 184 and are currently expecting about 120, up from 110. It turns out people are really excited to travel to Florida, and we added a couple of people to our guest list.

• J
    Just Said Yes March 2019
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    At this moment I will be having 30 guests.
  • MsMyWay
    Dedicated August 2018
    MsMyWay ·
    • Flag
    We invited 138 people. Rsvps arent due until mid July.
  • Kate
    Devoted June 2019
    Kate ·
    • Flag
    Original list was 168, it then went down to 119 and then went up to 122 and has since grown to 146. I still have yet to get my dads distant relatives that he would like to invite since we won’t be inviting his parents or siblings because they’re horrible people. And with all of that we still have almost exactly a year left until the wedding so I expect it to change even more, hopefully not upwards though...
  • IzziJones
    Super October 2018
    IzziJones ·
    • Flag
    Originally 50 now 86. Just started sending out invites today but rsvp not due til September. We had a lot of relationships change while planning our wedding so it was swapping SOs and adding or removing children.
  • Tammy
    Super October 2018
    Tammy ·
    • Flag

Us at the start "Oh let's just elope and maybe invite a couple people"

Us currently: 85 people guest list DW wedding.

• Stephanie
    Devoted July 2018
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    Right now we have 162 RSVP yes. Probably will be 170 when all is said and done.
  • Seatreasure
    Savvy July 2019
    Seatreasure ·
    • Flag
    We're at 85. I'm hoping to cut that down a bit though. We're aiming for inviting 75 with the expectation that about 60 will attend (I have a fair few family members that live abroad and I already know they won't be able to come but I'll still be inviting them).
  • Mrs. H
    Master September 2019
    Mrs. H ·
    • Flag

We are planning on inviting 153, but with most of our guests being OOT, we're thinking about 130 will realistically attend.

• K
    Devoted July 2018
    Kena ·
    • Flag
    I originally wanted something small... We ended up with about 100 so it doubled somehow. Hopefully it doesn't increase any more

Comment on this discussion