Jayla
Champion October 2025

What's your biggest wedding splurge?

Jayla, on August 15, 2018 at 10:05 AM Posted in Planning 0 62
Saved Save

While I'm sure there were aspects of your wedding where you were able to save, what did you go all out on? Was it a vendor that you'd been dying to work with, or maybe your dream venue?

What was your biggest wedding splurge?

What's your biggest wedding splurge? 1

Erin Lane Photography

62 Comments

• FutureMrsKC
    Master January 2019
    FutureMrsKC ·
    • Flag

We were never planning on hiring a videographer because it wasn't in our budget originally. After working some overtime and making a few cuts other places on things we didn't need, we were able to book one for a few hours to capture our ceremony/getting ready and first look/pictures session.

I'm so happy I will at least have the ceremony on video with a few other elements since that is the most important part of the day anyhow! This was definitely a last minute splurge and I'm pumped!

• AlmostAMurphy
    Devoted November 2018
    AlmostAMurphy ·
    • Flag
    Our biggest splurge was probably my dress. Even though my dad paid for it, it’s probably the most expensive for our wedding.
  • Kaitlyn
    Devoted March 2019
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Flag
    Our venue! It's our dream venue and it's perfect for what we wanted!
  • J
    Dedicated September 2018
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

Our venue for sure. We were definitely over budget on that but we feel it is well worth it. Beautiful location, ours for the weekend, plenty of room for most of our guests to stay on site.

• Marissa
    Expert August 2019
    Marissa ·
    • Flag
    Our venue (includes ceremony space, catering, tables/chairs). We didnt want to spend as much as we did but for the location (right on open ocean) it was well worth the price compared to similar venues (10-15grand cheaper than similar venues).
  • Katie
    Devoted September 2018
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    Our biggest non essential splurge is a Balkan Brass Band we have traveling into NJ from NYC for a short recessional parade and cocktail hour. Kinda insane but it’s something we really really wanted.
  • Preslee
    Expert May 2019
    Preslee ·
    • Flag

Definitely our dream venue! It was the majority of our original budget

• Chris
    Master February 2022
    Chris ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

From what I've read and seen as far as wedding videos go, you're not going to regret that overtime or the cuts you made! You can keep watching that footage for years to come! Smiley heart

• AJ
    VIP September 2018
    AJ ·
    • Flag
    Well if you ask my mom, she'd say I splurged on linens. She fails to realize that paying $225 to purchase white tablecloths and purple satin overlays for 15 large tables and silver organza sashes for 130 chairs isn't that big of a purchase. RENTING just white tablecloths would have cost $150 and had nowhere near the look we want.
    Really we haven't splurged on anything, it's all been about bang for the buck.
  • Jayla
    Champion October 2025
    Jayla ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It'll definitely be worth it once you see the final product!!! Having everything captured on video makes it so special!

• Jayla
    Champion October 2025
    Jayla ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's so good to hear!!!

• Jayla
    Champion October 2025
    Jayla ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Having it right on the ocean is definitely worth it!!! I'm sure the view is amazing

• J
    Devoted October 2018
    Josie ·
    • Flag
    My dress!! I thought I’d get something off the $99 tack at David’s bridal.... $1157 later 🤦🏻‍♀️ Definitely my dress!!!!! Lol
  • Jen
    Super May 2018
    Jen ·
    • Flag

Our venue for sure. We went with a semi-inclusive venue so a lot was included but it was still over the budget we had originally set. Looking back, if I had to do it again, I would 100% do it the exact same way. We have absolutely no regrets.

• ThatGirl
    Super January 2019
    ThatGirl ·
    • Flag
    Our venue / caterer cost the most but was in budget... our photographer on the other hand is about 4x our original buffet so that’s a “splurge” in my book... we also added some things that weren’t in the original plan that I consider splurges... a flip book station being one for sure!
  • B11
    Super May 2019
    B11 ·
    • Flag
    Definitely the band! We cut costs in other places to justify our decision to spend so much on them. We’ve been to one wedding with a live band at the reception and it took it to another level. Our friends and families are partiers and love live music, so we know everyone will absolutely love it!
  • L
    Expert June 2019
    Lori ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hi, Where were you able to purchase these at such a great savings. Hopefully you will get to sell after your wedding and it will be an even bigger bang for your buck!
  • WinesandWhiskey
    Devoted September 2019
    WinesandWhiskey ·
    • Flag
    My venue was pretty close, but I'd have to say deciding to add a videographer was my biggest splurge
  • DC Wife 10.27.18
    Master October 2018
    DC Wife 10.27.18 ·
    • Flag

Our biggest splurge was the food. We are major foodies and there was no way we were going to serve a forgettable meal. When we entertain at home we take great care to serve a memorable meal so we had to do it right for our wedding!

• Amanda
    Dedicated November 2018
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

My biggest splurge was probably my dress. I went way over budget!!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics