S
VIP June 2011

what will be the first song you and your FH will dance to?

SuchaDiva, on October 15, 2009 at 5:58 PM Posted in Planning 0 30
Saved Save

I want to do a song that my whole wedding party can dance to. So instead of it just being me and the FH, it will be my wedding party. So I am thinking of doing

Step in the name of love (R.Kelly)

or

Cupid Shuffle (since that is a great group song)

any ideas let me know???

30 Comments

• C
    Savvy June 2010
    classy47 ·
    • Flag

I love that song by R. Kelly. I currently have it on my wedding site. Good choice.

• Konichiwa
    Master January 2010
    Konichiwa ·
    • Flag

Our first dance will be to "I Knew I Loved You" by Savage Garden. But it will be just for me and my FH not the whole BP.

Depending on what type of dancing you are wanting to do you could try "I Got A Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas. That's a good song to start the night off with!

• Traci&Bob
    Master February 2010
    Traci&Bob ·
    • Flag

Ours will be 'You Are The Love Of My Life' by George Benson & Roberta Flack, we will dance to a cpl verses and then the dj is asking for all couples to join us Smiley smile

• S
    VIP June 2011
    SuchaDiva ·
    • Flag

I am kinda shy and I don't want all eyes on me, while we are dancing. That is why I want it to be the whole wedding party.

• Gershelda
    VIP October 2009
    Gershelda ·
    • Flag

Well, our first dance was just me and husband, then the entire party did the cha-cha slide b/c me and hubby lost a bet to the kids...it was fun, but exhausting.

• shawnmer
    Expert June 2010
    shawnmer ·
    • Flag

AT LAST beyonce.

• Soon2BMrsP
    Super March 2010
    Soon2BMrsP ·
    • Flag

Have i told you lately that i love you...by rod stewart...i wanted "believe" by stained, but after i looked up the lyrics, while it definitely described parts of our relationship, it's definitely not a first dance song lol...maybe more a "divorce" song! either way, i still love the song, and my son loves when i sing it to him Smiley winking

• S
    VIP June 2011
    SuchaDiva ·
    • Flag

I guess I am a hip hop bride. All of the songs I like for a first dance song are newer songs. I also love Keri Hilson. I am even thinking of Knock You down. By Keri hilson

• the future mrs.miranda
    Dedicated May 2010
    the future mrs.miranda ·
    • Flag

Amazed by lonestar

• DreamComeTrue
    Master June 2011
    DreamComeTrue ·
    • Flag

I have no idea but I love So Amazing by Luther Vandross...beautiful lyrics!

• Zephyr
    Devoted January 2010
    Zephyr ·
    • Flag

We're doing our first dance to "When You're Evil" by my favourite artist, Voltaire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZvZxxE9OX0

• Tamara
    Dedicated November 2009
    Tamara ·
    • Flag

"Golden" Chrisette Michele.

• F
    Expert June 2010
    Fernnie ·
    • Flag

Interesting song choice Zephyr. I havent thought of a song yet.

• Zephyr
    Devoted January 2010
    Zephyr ·
    • Flag

Fernnie: Yeah, we're getting it choreographed as a tango.

Considering all our friends have individually said this is our theme song in life, apart from poking fun at a morbid sense of humour, we'd be lying if this song wasn't us.

That's the best advice I could give for finding a song right there, in staying true to yourselves. We could have picked any number of slow, traditional songs but we knew it wasn't us and our picture of our wedding.

• barron
    Dedicated June 2010
    barron ·
    • Flag

Only you can love me this way by keith urban

• MrsDevine
    Master August 2010
    MrsDevine ·
    • Flag

Were doing either, "you gave me you" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEsz0ak3C1g

or "better today" both by coffey anderson..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CFcRYaCBYw

hes got an amazing voice. alot of people havent even heard of him, but hes a christian artist. love these songs!!!

• MrsDevine
    Master August 2010
    MrsDevine ·
    • Flag

And zephyr... at first when i listened to part of your song i was like what? but i think doing a tango thing to it would be awesome! definitely a little different but that usually makes things more memorable!

• reddiva22
    Super September 2010
    reddiva22 ·
    • Flag

We are not sure yet, but I really want to do Halo by beyonce. He probablly won't though, he is not really into the current music hits, he likes the older stuff, like from the 80's so IDK.

• the-e-bay-bride
    Devoted October 2010
    the-e-bay-bride ·
    • Flag

"My Forever" which was written and sung by my fiance (and his buddies helped a little too with the recording) It's special to us. Our Wedding Party Dance is "Dream Come True" by Frozen Ghost, which would have been our 1st dance song, but then I was surprised with my song 2 christmases ago

• Firemanwife510
    Savvy May 2010
    Firemanwife510 ·
    • Flag

Well our recpetion entrance song for the introduction of the party is going to be "High Hopes" sung by the late Harry Kalas (we're HUGE Phillies fans!!) then once we get onto the floor will begin OUR song which is "Unchained Melody" by the Righetous Brothers. cannot wait!!!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics