Kelly
Legend October 2022

What was the easiest and hardest song choice?

Kelly, on August 23, 2018 at 11:05 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 21
Saved Save

Who knew there were so many songs you have to decide on?? From the processional to the first dance to the last dance - which song choices were the easiest and hardest for you to pick?

giphy.gif

More music talk here! Check out Processional - traditional or not and Do Not Play-list !

21 Comments

• Krystal
    Just Said Yes July 2019
    Krystal ·
    • Flag
    I still cannot decide what I am walking down the aisle too. But the first dance and father/daughter dance was pretty easy to decide.
  • K
    Super September 2018
    Kate ·
    • Flag
    The first dance was decided so quickly for us. But we had such a hard time finding an entrance song and a song for the bridal party to walk down the isle
  • E
    Dedicated August 2018
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag
    Hmm... Mother-Son dance for sure. We never ended up finding one so My husband just chose a song and asked her to dance! It was actually very sweet. Our First Dance was I Don't Dance by Lee Brice. And for our Last Dance we chose Born to Be Yours by Imagine Dragons Smiley heart. Everyone loved it xD
  • E
    Dedicated August 2018
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I understand xD I love classical and Opera Music though, so I ended Up choosing a song with my name lol. Elizabeth by Ashram. It is beautiful
  • Krystal
    Just Said Yes July 2019
    Krystal ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That's Awesome!Smiley smile classical and opera is very pretty music.
  • Shinee
    Expert September 2018
    Shinee ·
    • Flag

I think the hardest for me was the song for the mother/groom and father/bride dance. We plan to have them happen together as neither of us want the attention alone on each group but I've finally found a song that I absolutely love and can't wait to share this moment with my father. We've chosen "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts, love love it!

• Jennifer
    Master September 2018
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

Easiest was our first dance, hardest is the walk down the aisle song.. we still haven't decided.

• KarenO
    Master June 2018
    KarenO ·
    • Flag

Hardest for me was the bridesmaids' processional. I knew what I wanted to walk to, but had trouble finding a modern song that I wanted for them (instrumental - we had a cello/violin duo). We wound up going with the newer version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow (Iz) - I just liked the overall sound of it. We first considered Stand By Me, but then felt like people would think we just chose it because of the recent royal wedding.

Easiest were our first dance song - H had loved the song for years, and once he played it for me, I knew it was perfect - and also the one shown in the GIF above, lol, for our reception entrance (Now That We Found Love). H is a big Will Smith fan and loves that scene.

• Kelly
    Legend October 2022
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I love both of your choices for first and last dance, such cute songs!!! What song did your husband end up picking for him and his mother?

• Happy Hedgie
    VIP September 2018
    Happy Hedgie ·
    • Flag

Easiest was our processional and recessional songs; Take my hand by Emily Hackett and Simple by Florida Georgia Line.

Hardest is our first dance and mother/son songs. We have still yet to decide and are 35 days away.

• Kelly
    Legend October 2022
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Such a beautiful song, great choice!!!

• Kelly
    Legend October 2022
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I'm sure Somewhere Over the Rainbow sounded beautiful with a cello/violin duo! Lol no way, that's amazing!! Such a funny scene and movie!

• FutureMrsHaven
    Devoted September 2018
    FutureMrsHaven ·
    • Flag
    I have to say most of the songs were easy, I’m really excited that our DJ suggested we play “Sugar, Sugar” when we cut our cake Smiley smile However, we had a tough time picking songs to dance with our parents to. I refused to use “Butterfly Kisses”! Smiley xd
  • Bride107
    Expert October 2018
    Bride107 ·
    • Flag

Easiest was our first dance song, still having trouble finalizing a processional song.

• Kelly
    Legend October 2022
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I love both of your song choices for the processional and recessional, I'm gonna write down Simple by FGL because I may copy you on that one! Smiley smile Let me know if you need help with the other song choices!

• Candy
    Savvy April 2019
    Candy ·
    • Flag
    First dance by far is giving us a run for our money!!! And I need alllllll the rehearsal time I can get 😂 So we better hurry up and get it together!
  • Jennifer
    Master September 2018
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

Easiest - First Dance Hardest - my walk down the aisle.

• Jennifer
    VIP September 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    Given our theme we will have the traditional walk down the aisle for either the Bridal Party or myself & the other will be the theme music to the movie we are using....... "Harry Potter"!!!!!
  • E
    Dedicated June 2019
    Erica ·
    • Flag

Father Daughter dance, just because so many of the typical songs are so overdone

• Brittany
    Dedicated October 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    Easiest the song I'm walking down the aisle to. Hardest our exit ceremony song and first dance.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics