S
VIP June 2011

Welcome Baskets

SuchaDiva, on November 5, 2009 at 7:15 PM Posted in Planning 0 25
Saved Save

So someone gave me the idea of making welcome baskets, for my out of town guests. I was wondering does ne one have ne idea of what would go in them.

They told me that you place them in fromt of their hotels before they arrive at the hotel

25 Comments

• kt
    Dedicated November 2009
    kt ·
    • Flag

We're putting 2 water bottles with personalized bottle labels, candy, granola bars, mints, and a little bottle of champagne. You can put whatever you want... brochures for the area, list of restaurants, personalized welcome letter, chips...anything you think you would appreciate if you were the one staying at a hotel for a wedding.

• S
    VIP June 2011
    SuchaDiva ·
    • Flag

Thanks a great idea. what are you going to put the items in

• beckyboo
    Expert August 2011
    beckyboo ·
    • Flag

I'm going to have welcome bags for my guests (we will all be out of town since we'll be in Disney) I was thinking about getting some water bottles like KT said. I was going to get some muffins for a quick breakfast, some bandaids and safty pins, a welcome book with a welcome letter, some local restaurants and things to do and what not, some printed crossword puzzles, word searches, sudoku. I even want to make a special book for the kids with coloring pages, and kid level word finds and such. We also talked about putting some candy like personalized m&ms or Doves. Maybe those personalized sleeves for hershey bars. Definitely mints...some paper fans that they are invited to bring to the wedding. and of course something disney related Smiley laugh Hope this helps!

• Ebony
    Dedicated October 2009
    Ebony ·
    • Flag

I really think that's a great idea. We did that for our guests and everyone loved it! I ordered most of our items from www.orientaltrading.com/ and then I went to our city's welcome center and got brochures and coupon books.

We had the following in the bags:

tissues

bride/groom mints

directions to venue from hotel

wedding mints

snacks(chips, crackers)

We left them at the hotel and they were handed out with the room keys to the rooms under the block. It worked out really well.

• Amber Lynn
    Devoted April 2010
    Amber Lynn ·
    • Flag

I work at a hotel and that is also where my guest will be staying.. we have had other couples do this and the guest that receive them really enjoy them so me and my FH are getting ours planned out.. We are thinking about just putting some water, snacks, and then a suger candy thing (its part of my FH culture)

• S
    VIP June 2011
    SuchaDiva ·
    • Flag

So I am doing this for sure. Huh. I live in miami Florida what should I put to represent my town??

• reddiva22
    Super September 2010
    reddiva22 ·
    • Flag

Why don't you do like "tropical baskets?" Maybe like Straw baskets?

• beckyboo
    Expert August 2011
    beckyboo ·
    • Flag

Oranges!!!! I'm seriously putting oranges in ours when we get to Florida!!! I forgot all about that! haha

• november bride
    Devoted November 2009
    november bride ·
    • Flag

I just finished mine today. I put in a champagne split w/custom label, a small fiji water, chocolate truffles, snack size potato chips, chewy granola bar, cookies, tissues, lavender travel candle with matches and a sachet with dried lavender. I also put a copy of a mini concierge (listing of restaurants and activities, a trolley and parking map, a postcard of the place where we are getting married, an itinerary of the weekend and I just need to write a welcome note. Whew!!!!!!!!! but at least it's mostly done. 15 days to go.

• S
    VIP June 2011
    SuchaDiva ·
    • Flag

Becky I love it. I am most def a Florida Orange. LOL Smiley smile

Nov Bride I love tht you out diff items in there. Now do you put it in a basket or a gift bag. Is it too early for me to start buying items for the welcome gifts

• november bride
    Devoted November 2009
    november bride ·
    • Flag

I put it in a white bag, which I hot glued sprigs of dried lavender wrapped in a pretty white irridescent bow, when I put in the tissue paper in (week of wedding), I will tie the handle with periwinkle ribbon. I chose to do bags rather than baskets because everyone is flying in and several of them are not checking bags. This way they can toss the bag at the end of the weekend.

• Amy
    Super June 2010
    Amy ·
    • Flag

Im getting married in fla to i like the oranges idea to cute

• N
    Dedicated June 2010
    Nda_ ·
    • Flag

November bride- Yours sounds great. All stuff the people will use while they're there and appreciate. I'd avoid anything that people would have to take back with them

• Theresa Furr
    February 2020
    Theresa Furr ·
    • Flag

I did welcome baskets for all my guest ( couples) I own my own custom bath & body company. I got married in Mexico so I made up shower gel, lotion, bath salts. all custom scented and colored.. I packaged them in sombraro hats.. I personalized each on the bottles with our names and wedding date.. Everyone loved it beC it was something them could use and enjoy

here is a link:

http://touchofflavor.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=70

or

www.touchofflavor.com

• S
    VIP June 2011
    SuchaDiva ·
    • Flag

Touch of flavor

i love those items you have. Hey what can i get to put in my welcome baskets? i have booked 12 rooms so i plan on making about 10 baskets b/c 2 of the rooms are for me.

What kind of deal can you give me

• november bride
    Devoted November 2009
    november bride ·
    • Flag

Trina, you may want to get some Romanicos Chocolates from Miami if there not too expensive or plantain chips. Mini bottles of sunblock, lip balm, personalized sunglasseshttp://www.wedding-accessories.com/

You could do little bottle of premixed Mojitos with fresh mint and a lime.

Hope this helps.

• Theresa Furr
    February 2020
    Theresa Furr ·
    • Flag

Email me with more info:

****@*************.***

what are you looking for in your basket? we have everything bath salts, lotions, linen spray, body mist, shampoo & conditioners, body scrubs & soap favors..

How many bath products would you like per basket?

If you have a theme I can try to find you something to package your favors in or if you would like to use what i have online.. I also have cute white boxes filled with 3 (1oz) bottles.. The box has a white tie around it.

Thanks

Theresa

www.touchofflavor.com

• Mrs. Conway
    VIP May 2010
    Mrs. Conway ·
    • Flag

I am also doing welcome baskets. We are getting married in Vegas so i had alot to work with. We are having a 1200 open bar so we figured advil was appropriate, Pens with our name and wedding date on them, a pad of paper, a welcome note, couple of water bottles with a personal label, shout wipes, a deck of cards that are personalized. ummmm i dont know what else but we want to add more to them!! its alot of fun! we want to put candy as well because my fiance is a big candy man....his favorite! I would say add things that mean something to you too that are fun!

• S
    VIP June 2011
    SuchaDiva ·
    • Flag

Nov bride that is a great idea. I do live in Miami. I am thinking of putting:

*mini bottle of Malibu rum and small bottle of pineapple juice (my fav drink)

*a list of resturants in the area

*a welcome note

*a small pack of Dove choc(my fav)

*travel size can of disinfectant spray

*small bottle of handsanitizer

that is all I came up w/if I have forgotten ne thing of if you guys have ideas let me know

• R
    Savvy March 2010
    Rachel ·
    • Flag

Ed Hardy. Pocket sized. In a basket!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics