Kayla
Savvy June 2022

Wedding planning - how did you pick your date?

Kayla, on January 2, 2020 at 8:37 AM

Posted in Planning 186

I'm excited to start planning but my fiance and I can't seem to pick a date. How did you guys pick your dates?
I'm excited to start planning but my fiance and I can't seem to pick a date. How did you guys pick your dates?

186 Comments

• D
    Beginner February 2020
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    My fiance asked for something easy to remember and left it up to me. So I picked 2 dates I liked and let him choose between them.
  • Alex
    Savvy May 2021
    Alex ·
    • Flag
    For our situation, we’re going more by my schedule since I’m still in school. Essentially it leaves mid-May through end-August open for us to get married & we were okay with that. We ended up choosing August since a lot of the venues around here offer discounts for July & August weddings since they’re less popular.
  • Daisha
    Savvy October 2020
    Daisha ·
    • Flag

First of all, Congratulations!

My FH and I both love the fall so we left it open to any date in September or October. We're planning to go with whatever site we love has available on a Saturday. We've learned that it can limit us when you narrow it down to a certain date.

• Staci06
    Beginner December 2020
    Staci06 ·
    • Flag
    We chose our date because of our work schedules 🤣 plus we live in Idaho and will be getting married in California so we chose winter break since that is our down time. Having a set date also helped us narrow down our venue quickly based on availability! Good luck to you two!
  • Candace
    Dedicated October 2020
    Candace ·
    • Flag
    We knew we wanted a fall wedding... and due to a tight budget and we found the perfect reception venue for a great cost we chose October 24th based on their availability.
  • Sylvie
    Dedicated September 2020
    Sylvie ·
    • Flag
    I love fall... so I picked September and whatever date the Venue has available that’s what I picked .
  • Janell
    Just Said Yes December 2020
    Janell ·
    • Flag

We picked Sept. 4, 2021. We choose this date because it is the weekend before our anniversary (Sept. 9) , we thought it would be a great to celebrate the day we got together and the day we got married as a whole. Also, we loved the idea of spending our anniversary on our honeymoon! Dates are hard to agree on, it took 8 months to figure this out. The best advice I can give is, don't rush the process!! Smiley heart

• Janell
    Just Said Yes December 2020
    Janell ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We are choosing a venue the accommodates outside and inside. You never know what can happen (as far as weather goes), so it's always good to have that option. Also, choose a venue that is more of an "all-inclusive" type of place. The venue we want offers cake, planning, bar, catering, decorations, lighting/sound, event rentals, etc.. Saves money that way

• Natalie
    Just Said Yes July 2021
    Natalie ·
    • Flag
    My birthday is sept 2. My fiancé’s bday is nov 2. He proposed on his birthday, so we wanted to keep the number 2, and we wanted to get married in the summer. So we picked july 2 which is on a friday. It worked out perfectly!
  • S
    Just Said Yes October 2021
    Shelby ·
    • Flag
    I picked October! Because I love that the trees are changing colors then and wanted a later evening wedding as well! Good luck picking a date!(:
  • B
    Just Said Yes October 2021
    Brittnee ·
    • Flag
    My fiancé and I met while working as scarers (scareactors) at Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights and he proposed on Halloween Day this past year. So we are getting married the day before Halloween I’m 2021. It was a pretty easy choice for us since that time of year has such a huge meaning in our relationship 🧡
  • Jessica
    Beginner October 2021
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

Hi Kayla! My fiance owns a landscaping company, which limited our time to choose. We fell in love with our venue and within the month of October, they had two days left 10/23/21 & 10/30/21. We opted for 10/23/21 due to the other option being right before Halloween.

• Dana
    Savvy October 2020
    Dana ·
    • Flag

We decided fall and my Nanny's birthday was on Halloween. It's a full moon and everything! Do you have a season that you're looking into or a month that's meaningful to you both? What about a theme or decor you're going for?

• Just Said Yes November 2021
    ·
    • Flag
    I let my fiancé choose the date he wanted. He doesn’t want to have much input because he wants me to have everything I want for our wedding and I wanted to include him in the planning aspect.
  • Jackie
    Just Said Yes September 2021
    Jackie ·
    • Flag
    My FH picked the date. His mom’s birthday may she Rest In Peace. It is perfect, I felt the emotions in his voice when he didn’t hesitate to say the date.
  • J
    Just Said Yes November 2022
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    We chose our date because it’s my grandparents wedding anniversary!
  • D
    Just Said Yes August 2021
    DaOndra ·
    • Flag
    We took a date that was significant to us. My grandmother passed away in February 2019 and we got engaged in August 2019. Her birthday is also in August so my fiancé and I agreed that we would get married on August 31. We ended up doing a 2 year engagement to give ourselves more time to save since we’re paying for everything so August 31, 2021 is our date! 🥰
  • Terri
    Just Said Yes March 2020
    Terri ·
    • Flag

I did numerology Smiley smile

your birthdays and year divided down

04/15/1964 = 0+4=4 / 1+5=6 / 1+9+6+4= 20 / 2+0=2 (4+6+2=12 / 1+2=3) I did both of ours and we were both 3 so I used the next higher number which was 12 so our date is 3/12

Smiley smile

• Vallarie
    Just Said Yes November 2020
    Vallarie ·
    • Flag

We choice our date based on when we reconnected and decided to see what the future held for us. He called to tell me that he'd moved back to our hometown and the rest is history. (We've known each other since 6th grade.)

• Rachael
    Savvy April 2021
    Rachael ·
    • Flag
    So I've always wanted a spring wedding....ALWAYS lol. Im a June baby but I've never wanted to be a June bride because I hate being hot lol! I didn't want a winter wedding because I didn't want to be freezing and risk inclement weather. So with that being said it was either March or April. I am a spiritual person and after prayer and much consideration, April just felt right. After the month was chosen, I started searching for vendors to see what was available around that time. I was a whole year and 6months early in preparations so I thought we had plenty of time to choose an actual date.....boy was I wrong. The place I was leaning closer to only had 2 dates available a whole year and 6 months away 😅...the 3rd and the 24th. So I texted him while he was as work and let him decide and he chose the 3rd. After that everything else fell into place. We were even able to book our honeymoon for the 5th. I hadn't even realized that our anniversary was around the same time and his birthday is on the 7th ❤. Its like it was meant to be. So I would say think about what you/you guys want and then do what feels right. You cant go wrong trusting your heart because you've already won by trusting it with the one you love.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics