Kayla
Savvy June 2022

Wedding planning - how did you pick your date?

Kayla, on January 2, 2020 at 8:37 AM

Posted in Planning 186

I'm excited to start planning but my fiance and I can't seem to pick a date. How did you guys pick your dates?
I'm excited to start planning but my fiance and I can't seem to pick a date. How did you guys pick your dates?

186 Comments

• Rachael
    Savvy April 2021
    Rachael ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    OMG!!! We are wedding twinsies! I also will be getting married April 3, 2021. Congratulations!
  • Rachel
    Just Said Yes June 2021
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    We always water a summer wedding. We originally picked July but we didn’t book the venue soon enough. Then we picked a month without a holiday or events, then we picked a date between holidays. We ended on June 12th!
  • Luba
    Beginner August 2020
    Luba ·
    • Flag
    Really based off venue availability and weather preference was a big deal breaker. I always wanted a summer wedding so the only date available for my venue was August 30th, otherwise it would have been late September, which is more of a fall vibe to me
  • Kayla
    Just Said Yes October 2021
    Kayla ·
    • Flag
    My fiancé and I also are recently engaged. We knew we wanted October because we both love fall along with the cooler weather and scenery. From there, we went with a Friday because it was cheaper. The date itself has a nice ring to it too, which was also a plus.
  • Earazona_
    Dedicated October 2024
    Earazona_ ·
    • Flag
    My fiance wanted our wedding to be close to his birthday, but I suggested that did not be on his birthday so we picked a date close but not right on top of his birthday. We kind of just mutually decided on a good season and when we'd like it to be. Always think about like do you want it to be cold outside you know warm outside or in between, that's kind of how I would recommend rolling it out and then from there just kind of pick your favorite time of year and go with it.
  • Lisa
    Expert April 2021
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    We picked our anniversary date!
  • Savvy April 2020
    ·
    • Flag

The venue was available on two dates... in an act of supreme pettiness, I chose the date that happened to be my ex's birthday. Hopefully I can rewrite that date for myself.

• Angelica
    Devoted August 2021
    Angelica ·
    • Flag
    It was pretty easy to pick a date! Im very into the darker side of things, such as Friday the 13ths! We also knew we wanted summer wedding! August 13, 2021!❤️
  • Sylvia
    Beginner December 2021
    Sylvia ·
    • Flag
    I first picked my favorite season(winter) and realized it was special to me because it's the season we fell in love! I remember hot cocoa, fireplace dates, cold air on our hot cheeks, and holding hands like crazy cuz they were cold! I get so excited for winter time that I knew I wanted my wedding to be a winter one! Our anniversary is December 4th so how cool would it be to have our wedding on that day too?
  • L
    Just Said Yes March 2023
    Lakisha ·
    • Flag
    The reason why I picked my date is because I made a promise to one of my brothers that if I ever get married, I would do it on his birthday, so that is why that date is very special to me .
  • Yvette
    Beginner April 2020
    Yvette ·
    • Flag
    Consider the venue you want to get married at first. Think of popular times of the year that you like (Anniversary Date & etc.) or feel comfortable in (SUMMER or FALL) select the month then pick a date. Remember if the venue is not selected, you have no wedding date!
  • K
    Savvy May 2020
    kim ·
    • Flag
    Well we just wanted to try to hope for good weather and just decide to go with May we want it after Mother's day
  • Kim
    Beginner August 2020
    Kim ·
    • Flag
    We picked a date that worked best for our season and price range. No matter what date you pick, it will be special because it is your wedding day.
  • Kelsie
    Devoted March 2020
    Kelsie ·
    • Flag

My fiance is a professor so we looked at when his breaks were. We didn't want to have an engagement over a year so we decided to get married around his spring break. There were only a couple of Saturdays that worked in that time, and so then we looked at my menstrual schedule, as I don't want to be on my period the day of the wedding, and that narrowed it down to one date!

• Helena
    Beginner April 2021
    Helena ·
    • Flag
    For us it was easy! We share the same birthday and it just happens to be on a Saturday next year so that was that and our date was picked!
  • Theadra
    Devoted June 2021
    Theadra ·
    • Flag
    Basically on how soon we could afford it . We waited 3 years to have our wedding ceremony and we’re planning it in 6 months.
  • B
    Savvy June 2020
    Beryl ·
    • Flag

We first decided what season we wanted, then picked June because July and August are hot and stormy where we live, and since our birthdays are June 22 and 25 we looked for Fridays and Saturdays around then and even 18 months out had trouble since June is so popular i guess!

• Taylor
    Just Said Yes October 2021
    Taylor ·
    • Flag
    My fiancé and I are getting married on 10/9/21. I wanted to finish my masters degree which means we had to set a date after May of 2021. But also our date mixes our anniversaries. We began dating on 10/25/17 and got engaged on 9/9/18
  • Senquetta
    Just Said Yes July 2021
    Senquetta ·
    • Flag
    My step-son stays the summer with us so July 25th was the easiest we wasn’t getting married without him
  • Keishon
    Just Said Yes December 2021
    Keishon ·
    • Flag
    My fiance actually picked the month. So we just agreed on the date together.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics