Kayla
Savvy June 2022

Wedding planning - how did you pick your date?

Kayla, on January 2, 2020 at 8:37 AM

Posted in Planning 186

I'm excited to start planning but my fiance and I can't seem to pick a date. How did you guys pick your dates?
I'm excited to start planning but my fiance and I can't seem to pick a date. How did you guys pick your dates?

186 Comments

• V
    August 2022
    Vicky ·
    • Flag
    Pick a day in your favorite season, on a day of the week that every person is bound no to be busy on.
  • Cassidy
    Just Said Yes May 2020
    Cassidy ·
    • Flag
    Star Wars fans = May the 4th be with you
  • Erin
    Savvy June 2021
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    Choose a time of year that both brings back good memories and works with your schedules!
  • Cheyenne
    Just Said Yes April 2021
    Cheyenne ·
    • Flag
    I listed out every saturday in the following two years from when we got engaged. Then we eliminated hunting seasons (because that was my one no no for a date) then I chose three dates that I thought were cute because they were catchy. I reallllyyy wanted a fall wedding, specifically October, but because of how close it was to comming up and how many holidays come after we decided on April 3, 2021. 🖤
  • Tamika
    Expert October 2019
    Tamika ·
    • Flag
    Sweetest Day was the only day we could remember that was special to us.... So we picked 10/19/2019.
  • Tracey
    Beginner September 2021
    Tracey ·
    • Flag
    It’s his grandparents anniversary and my grandma’s birthday
  • Lynne
    Super November 2021
    Lynne ·
    • Flag
    We selected our most favorite time of year. We love fall and winter. We took a vote with our children and winter won.
  • Victoria
    Just Said Yes June 2020
    Victoria ·
    • Flag
    We picked a number that was easy to remember.. ours is 2-20-20.. other suggestions were 7/11, 1/23, 3/21, 5/4 (Star Wars Day 🤓) or 5/5.
  • B
    Just Said Yes March 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    We are getting married on our anniversary!
  • Chelsea
    Savvy August 2021
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag
    My fiancé and I have the same birthday and august is just a special month for us so we are getting married a day before our birthdays! August 9th, 2020
  • Leighanna
    Dedicated October 2021
    Leighanna ·
    • Flag

We picked a time frame knowing we wanted a fall fall wedding then looked at venues. Once we picked what venue we wanted we looked at available dates and chose from there.

• Kayla
    Dedicated October 2020
    Kayla ·
    • Flag
    First of all congrats on your engagement! We decided on a season and looked at the dates in thay season for the following uear and went with 10/10/2020 because we liked the numeric sequence and our original dating anniversary is 10/1.
  • Dacey
    Just Said Yes October 2021
    Dacey ·
    • Flag

I had Halloween 2020 picked (before the proposal lol) because we wanted a fall wedding, and its not really even fall until at least October in Texas. I am obsessed with Halloween though!

• Jennifer
    Dedicated May 2021
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    We decided together that we wanted a fall wedding and then went by date availability. We knew we wanted it on a Saturday to make it easier for family that worked and needed to travel. Then we narrowed it down by seeing if there were any birthdays or anniversaries that also fell on that day.
  • B
    Just Said Yes February 2020
    Brianna ·
    • Flag
    We picked our date 2 years in advance! We looked at the calendar and was just looking at numbers and what number looked good together. We had no set season we wanted to get married in. So, we kept scrolling and found out 2020 was a leap year! With our unique relationship being freshman year sweethearts to literally him helping me pick my dress (he narrowed it down to 2 dresses and I pick my favorite of the 2) it was perfect for our unique relationship! 2.29.2020
  • Amanda
    VIP December 2020
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

We both wanted a spring/summer wedding and chose a date that worked with our schedules and my children's parenting plan schedule.

• Jennifer
    Super March 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    We just picked a random day based on timing of his leave. The military gives us 30 days to move across the country and that time frame was a surefire way to know that he wouldn't be training or deployed haha.
  • Shadonica
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Shadonica ·
    • Flag
    We picked the month and tried to pick a date but found it was already booked most places. So then we found a venue we loved and picked a date that was available in the month we wanted.
  • Danielle
    Savvy August 2021
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    We wanted a summer wedding since my daughter is off from school but our date of 8 21 21 came from our anniversary of dating 6 21 08 and our daughter was born 1 21 so we thought 21 was destin to be our date..we checked the calendars and found out the summer that year August was on a Saturday. We didn't want a Friday wedding due to people working...
  • Jazma
    Just Said Yes March 2020
    Jazma ·
    • Flag

Originally we planned to go to Vegas in August of 2019 get married and plan a wedding later. Then we decided we wanted our children and family to witness us become one, my FMIL passed away unexpectedly in May of 2019 so all the planning came to a halt. We later decided to get married in March. We didn't want it to be anyone's birth month, son Dec., FH Feb., daughter April, my birthday is in July. I wanted to get married before the anniversary of his parent's passing (both in May, 12 years apart). My FH favorite number is 15 which is how we chose March 15th! Lol sorry for the long story

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics