Future Mrs. L <3
Super November 2012

Vendor Dinner's

Future Mrs. L <3, on September 26, 2012 at 2:14 PM Posted in Planning 0 34
Saved Save

Who do you think should and should not get dinner? LOL Let's be real, our vendor dinner is $35 per vendor. Not to bad but I'm having 5 vendors...

I have my 2 DJ's (why they need 2 I have no idea)

2 Photographers, I'm having a videographer but he/she will only be 2 hours and won't be there by the time dinner will be served... (so no need for a pate for him righ?)

I'm also having my photo booth person which will be there at 8. they should already have had dinner right? LOL he/she will be there for 4 hours.

What do you guys think?

Also Dinner is served around 9:10? Too late??

34 Comments

• Kirst
    Master August 2012
    Kirst ·

What time is your reception starting?

some vendors have it in their contract they must be fed a meal, check yours over or ask them their requirements

• Future Mrs. L <3
    Super November 2012
    Future Mrs. L <3 ·

6:30-7 Ceremony

7-8 cocktail with 10 different h'dourves unlimited so guest wll have plenty to eat before dinner...

8-12 reception

• Future Mrs. L <3
    Super November 2012
    Future Mrs. L <3 ·

Kirst you beat me to it LOL

• Kirst
    Master August 2012
    Kirst ·

As long as their is food at cocktail hour i don't think 9:10 is too late.

our ceremony was 6-630

cocktails hour 630-730

so reception was 730-11 I think food was served quickly, salad around 8ish

if you do dinner early on like 8 - 815 start doing salad it may work out better so once everyone is done you have plenty of time for dancing, rather then getting up to sit back down for a meal...juts my thought...but you may have plans for that 8-910 time

• FMC
    Master June 2012
    FMC ·

My photographers both declined a meal so I bought them sandwiches from a deli in town. They didn't want to take it!

• USF_Bride
    Expert October 2013
    USF_Bride ·

Like Krist said, some vendors have it in their contract. I know the photographer/videographer/photo booth vendor I talked with yesterday had it in their contract.

Like you said, they should provide a cheaper vendor meal and the guy I spoke with yesterday said they don't expect much, just something to eat while they work (sandwich pack or something simple)

• Mrs. C
    VIP September 2013
    Mrs. C ·

Wow! I'm learning so quickly that things in the midwest (Indiana here), are so much less expensive when it comes to weddings! We are looking at $11.50/plate, which is kind of average. Our venue has a $25/plate (that is a sit down, extravagant, top of the line meal..every wedding that I've been to around here is a buffett style).

Anyway, at $11.50/plate, we'll be giving our vendors what everyone else is getting, but at $35/plate, holy cow. I can see why you would be looking at other options. I think Kirst has great thoughts here.

• USF_Bride
    Expert October 2013
    USF_Bride ·

$11.50, shut up!! Our plated diner is about $100.00 and the buffet isn't much cheaper. Florida I think will always be higher because of all the destination weddings and tourism. Ugh...

Side note: $100.00 is CHEAP here, most places started at about $175/person.

• Kirst
    Master August 2012
    Kirst ·

Our vendor meals were $35 as well

• Future Mrs. L <3
    Super November 2012
    Future Mrs. L <3 ·

Oh wow! My plate is $125... then if they are 20 or younger its -$9 cause of the open bar. then we are getting an extra hour with open bar and its +$6 but thats already in the $125... My cake, open bar, and cocktail hour is included in that price... I'll be having 125 people... LOL face only cause of cost...

Jennifer C. Agreed... Damn Florida LOL

• Future Mrs. L <3
    Super November 2012
    Future Mrs. L <3 ·

@Kirst: Ya I think by the time we do the bride/groom n Father daughter dance it will be a good time for dinner...

I called the vendors which I should have done in the beginning LOL I have 2 for the fireworks 1 DJ and 1 photo booth... So i'm down to 4 LOL

• USF_Bride
    Expert October 2013
    USF_Bride ·

I know!! It beats the snow and freezing cold any day though!!

• Nancy Taussig
    November 2019
    Nancy Taussig ·

Your photobooth person will have to be there well before 8:00 to set up as will the DJs. They will also be there for a while after, packing up and loading their vehicles.

I'd say feed anyone who you don't want leaving to go to pick up a meal elsewhere.

Venues frequently offer a discounted price for vendor meals since they won't be drinking alcohol.

• Beth
    VIP September 2013
    Beth ·

This is something good to ask. My venue charges $75-80 a person depending on what we have, but that is the full cost of the venue, I don't have to rent anything at all, the bar is open, the ceremony space will be set up, they provide event coordinators for the day, etc. But I know he said that anyone under 21 is cheaper because they don't drink. So I wonder if they will drop the price a bit on the vendor meals as well.

• Vanessa R.
    VIP February 2014
    Vanessa R. ·

My venue is 180 a plate and the vendors are half so 90, ugh i really hate NYC sometimes...that being said ive never been to an event where the vendors did not eat.. we will offer to all vendors

• In Love with a Valley
    Expert March 2013
    In Love with a Valley ·

Holy good gravy!! Normal for us (living in IL but celebrating in MI) is 35-55 for a nice, plated meal. $125?!?!! I couldn't afford to feed MYSELF!

• Future Mrs. L <3
    Super November 2012
    Future Mrs. L <3 ·

Nancy T. : Ya your right didn't think about that... I thought they would just wiggle their noses and Poof it's there... LOL

Well I think they are under the assumption that they won't be drinking on the job... LOL So I think that's the final price...

• Josh's Girl
    Expert February 2013
    Josh's Girl ·

I'd say if it isn't in their contract get something just for the vendors to eat. 2 pizzas, or a long sub.

• Kathy
    Master July 2010
    Kathy ·

Honestly, feed your vendors. Even if it is a different meal, but yes, feed them. And let them know that you are doing so. They are there far longer than the hours you think they are. You may contract someone from, say 7-10PM, but they will arrive at 6 to set up and be there until 11 closing down.

• Stephanie Hickerty
    November 2019
    Stephanie Hickerty ·

Please feed your vendors. You might only see me for 8 hours...but I'm there setting up lighting etc. about an hour beforehand...that doesn't include any driving time to get there (which for us is always 30 minutes to an hour). Even if we eat on the way...by the time dinner comes around, we've been energetically working (shooting a wedding is similar to 8 hours of aerobics) for many hours. Plus we're packing up for at least 30 minutes before heading out. Feeding us will keep us from passing out during your reception. I seldom remember to drink anything, nor do I have time to go find something (& no room to carry it...equipment comes first), so half the time I end up with leg & foot cramps once the reception starts. Offers of water and a meal will make a huge difference to the vendors that are working so hard for you. Kindness goes a long way with your vendors.

Comment on this discussion