We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

futuremrspst
Devoted April 2016

SPINOFF: Cake flavors and number of tiers?

futuremrspst, on November 11, 2015 at 10:31 AM Posted in Planning 0 43
Saved Save

Tell us the flavors/number of tiers you had or are considering!

FI and I are thinking four tiers with a variety of flavors and cream cheese filling.

43 Comments

• SoontobeStuddard
    Expert April 2016
    SoontobeStuddard ·
    • Flag

At my first wedding, we did a 3 tiered cake with chocolate, white, and red velvet cakes. It was before Pinterest and I thought I was innovative!!

My FH and I are having a dessert bar with assorted desserts and cakes. We're offering a chocolate cake, red velvet cake, coconut cake, tiramisu cake, and a Chantilly cake for FH and I to cut.

• Jenn B
    Master September 2015
    Jenn B ·
    • Flag

We had three tiers.

Bottom: Orange cake with cranberry jam swirled through topped with an orange/cranberry butter cream.

Middle: Lemon cake infused with fresh ginger and orange zest, topped with a lemon brown sugar butter cream

Top: White cake infused with champagne topped with a orange butter cream.

• futuremrspst
    Devoted April 2016
    futuremrspst ·
    • Flag

Zest! I love zest! I shouldn't have started this thread...I'm hungry now and it's only 7:36am where I'm at. Lol.

• Jenn B
    Master September 2015
    Jenn B ·
    • Flag

The lemon ginger was definitely my favorite tier!!

• Fiona
    Master December 2015
    Fiona ·
    • Flag

We're having four tiers and three flavors: chocolate, vanilla, and key lime.

• Ostrichka
    VIP February 2016
    Ostrichka ·
    • Flag

I'm planning on four tiers, two flavors: vanilla cake with lemon curd and raspberry buttercream; chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and (probably) peanut butter buttercream.

• futuremrspst
    Devoted April 2016
    futuremrspst ·
    • Flag

I normally don't fancy ginger, but that sounds yummy! And the lemon part...omg.

• futuremrspst
    Devoted April 2016
    futuremrspst ·
    • Flag

@minnemiska, that lemon and raspberry though. Yum! Have you been to your tasting yet?

• Christine
    Master October 2015
    Christine ·
    • Flag

We had 3 tiers and 2 flavors, orange cointreau and red velvet :-)

• MrsPettit
    Super May 2016
    MrsPettit ·
    • Flag

Planning on 3-4 tiers, and then sheet cakes in the back because there's no way otherwise. I'm leaning towards Strawberry Champagne and I. can't. wait.

• Lindsay Varner
    June 2020
    Lindsay Varner ·
    • Flag

We had 3. Top layer was Red Velvet Cake w/cream cheese, middle was Vanilla Almond w/cream cheese, and the bottom was Vanilla Almond w/raspberry. We also had a cookie/candy/dessert bar as well.

• Katy
    Master September 2015
    Katy ·
    • Flag

Cake posts make me sad because we had strawberry pie and they did a horrible job on it Smiley sad

These cakes look/sound amazing!

• futuremrspst
    Devoted April 2016
    futuremrspst ·
    • Flag

We haven't been to our tasting yet, but I really hope our cake is moist...I prefer moist over dry. You guys?

• Ostrichka
    VIP February 2016
    Ostrichka ·
    • Flag

@futuremrspst yes! I am using a bakery that has a small retail shop in the building next to my office, and so I've tried many, many of their delicious cupcake/cake flavors many times. Smiley smile Their buttercream is Italian style, so it has a very light and fluffy texture. SO. AMAZING. Honestly, other than actually being married to my FH, the CAKE is the thing about the wedding that I'm most excited about. Picking the flavors, designing it... The cake budget was larger than the dress budget.

• Amanda
    VIP May 2017
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

We are going to do a small cake for us to cut & have for each other...still in the stages of figure out what I want it too look like. But, other than that we are having cupcakes for our guests. We will probably narrow it down to three-four flavors.

I am a baker & know what I want & the person making our cupcakes & cakes is a good friend of mine. I will be doing a test run with her for the flavors we want & the look I am hoping for.

Right now I will probably do my chocolate covered coffee recipe for our cake. The cupcakes may be a Raspberry lemon drop (also a favorite of mine I make), a Reese's PB cup, A plain vanilla & then maybe a Andes Mint cupcake.

• Ostrichka
    VIP February 2016
    Ostrichka ·
    • Flag

Haha @futuremrspst everyone loves a dry cake, don't they?! Smiley winking

• futuremrspst
    Devoted April 2016
    futuremrspst ·
    • Flag

@Amanda, don't get me stated on those Andes Mints! I don't normally like mint, but oh my gosh...Olive Garden always gives those out and they're so good!!

• Amanda
    VIP May 2017
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

They are one of my FAVORITE candies & the girl who is baking our stuff mentioned them cause she has done them before & I was like "YES"!!!!! FH looked at me like I was crazy. We will have them regardless if he agrees lol

• OG FMP
    Master August 2015
    OG FMP ·
    • Flag

We had a 5 tier cake. We didn't go crazy with flavors because we were on a budget. The flavor was regular vanilla cake with buttercream icing and also to save money we had a display cake with a really small portion of real cake for the cutting....

• futuremrspst
    Devoted April 2016
    futuremrspst ·
    • Flag

@FMP, that is a large cake. And your date is my birthday! Smiley smile

Comment on this discussion

Related articles