FutureMrsW
Expert December 2016

Share your guest books and gift ideas for bridal party/parents please!

FutureMrsW, on September 20, 2016 at 11:34 PM Posted in Planning 0 32
Saved Save

Still not quite sure what to do in these areas. Show me your ideas ladies! Smiley smile

32 Comments

• NoRushBride
    Dedicated October 2016
    NoRushBride ·
    • Flag

Guest book - back of a board game. Bridal party presents - Paying for attire (ties, pocket squares, dresses, coats). Parents presents - personalized picture frames and personalized jewelry

• Kristina
    Master September 2016
    Kristina ·
    • Flag

Guestbook-BucketList Book and Date Night Jar Bridal Party Gifts for Girls--MOH-kate spade two of a pair bangle, Anastasia of Beverly Hills gloss set, picture frame inscribed, Junior Bridesmaids-Kate Spade earrings, necklace, bangle, journals from Betsey Johnson with ballerina pen, candy (gift bag style). Men- shot glasses and gym/weekend bags. Parents: father's-handkerchief inscribed for each and personalized mugs from zazzle. Mother's- frames with personalized messages. Reader- Alex and Ani NY Giants bangle.

• Sarahmouche
    Master January 2017
    Sarahmouche ·
    • Flag

For guest book, thanks to a suggestion on here, we're doing FH's favorite Christmas book as a child, and then hopefully one day we'll read it to our future children

• Kathryn
    VIP August 2016
    Kathryn ·
    • Flag

Here's our guest book! We loved it. And our gift to our parents we gave them each something small & sentimental, and then are gifting them a big print of a wedding picture (probably a family one) once they choose it. For BP we did hair/makeup, robes (NOT bridesmaid ones, actual ones), coffee mugs, earrings, and then a smaller personal gift for each ones. For GMS we did monogrammed poker sets.

• Kristi
    Super October 2016
    Kristi ·
    • Flag

We are using a big slice of tree trunk. We will display it in our bar at home after

• Yasmina
    Master November 2015
    Yasmina ·
    • Flag

Generally speaking, anything that is used the day of the wedding (hair/makeup, getting ready robes, jewelry that is supposed to be worn in the wedding) doesn't count as a gift.

My recommendation is always to buy them something personal, like you might for a birthday. All of my girls LOVE coffee and tea, so they all got a beautiful mug, and then they each got a pretty scarf with a color/print that matches something they love.

For our guestbook, we actually had our guests decorate a scrapbook page, and we've made that into our wedding album. Photos at the front, decorated pages at the back. People got really creative with it. I look at my book at least once a week. They drew pictures, wrote letters, advice, etc.

• Colleen
    VIP June 2016
    Colleen ·
    • Flag

Guest book-my DH collects vinyl so we had a record album with a personalized center sticker as a guest book. MOH gift was an Alex & Ani bracelet and a little cat face bag. BM gift was a personalized flask (from Things Remembered). Parents will do wedding album and framed picture.

• Rennyrenrennerson
    Super November 2016
    Rennyrenrennerson ·
    • Flag

Guestbook-we are doing the Polaroid selfie snapshots and will put into a book later.

Presents:

BMs/MOHs - (I didn't get too creative but I think they'll like it) all personalized: bag, water bottle, wine glass, earrings, and a happy tears hankie.

GM??? I have no idea what my FH has planned for his side.

Mom - same as BMs, plus a special keychain.

Dad- a special keychain and hankie.

FH - a special pick to play his guitars with.

• beautyofdreams
    VIP August 2016
    beautyofdreams ·
    • Flag

I didn't do anything super fun for the guestbooks. I just did the regular guestbook but my photobooth scrapbook kind of turned into my fun guestbook! For gifts I bought the moms pandora bracelets. The dads got monogrammed men toiletry bags. The bridesmaids got a shirt, flipflops, coach wristlet, cosmetic bag with day of kit, and jewelry.

• JillR
    VIP September 2016
    JillR ·
    • Flag

We did a canvas that everyone signed. I designed it in Photoshop and printed it at Walgreens for $25! It's hanging in my living room and I love it.

We didn't have a BP so no help there Smiley smile

• TaylorMade2016
    Super October 2016
    TaylorMade2016 ·
    • Flag

This is our guestbook which will be personalized with our names, dates, and preferred colors. I just ordered it last week so I'm still waiting for it to arrive.

We do not have a typical bridal party, but I plan to get my step-daughter a ring or necklace to make her feel like part of the day and I'm not sure what to get for the boys yet (aged 4-7).

• Jennifer
    VIP July 2016
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

After my first wedding my guest book went into a closet and wasn't taken back out again until we broke up. I didn't have time to do what I wanted to do for a guest book for this time, which was this: I saw on pintrest somewhere where the bride/groom asked their families/guests to send their favorite recipe with the RSVP. They printed them and had them bound into a book, and then at the wedding each person signed their recipe with well wishes.

I loved that idea, as then at least I'd still use the book and we'd get family recipes that we'd both grown up with.

• Monger2Be
    Devoted October 2016
    Monger2Be ·
    • Flag

We got a 11x14 Frame with a white mat from Hobby Lobby for the guests to sign and well put a 5x7 picture of us in it

• Holly
    Master February 2017
    Holly ·
    • Flag

Guest book wasn't a priority so I just got a basic notebook off etsy with our colors, name, and date.

Party gifts I haven't bought yet but I found a ton of cute things on ModCloth yesterday!

• MoweryMe
    VIP April 2017
    MoweryMe ·
    • Flag

Guest Book -- Shutterfly book with engagement pictures and favorite quotes.

Inspo picture

Bridal Party Gifts -- Diamond Bracelet and something else...but haven't decided yet.

Parents Gifts --

Mom, Premier Jewelry necklace

Dad, personalized hanky from Etsy

Both my parents and FH's -- framed wedding picture

• Lindsey
    Super June 2017
    Lindsey ·
    • Flag

We're going to use these as centerpieces after lacquering them but have an even wider one to use for guests to sign as the guest "log" (I think I'm soooo funny). Not sure yet on the gift ideas, so keep the ideas coming to help me out!

• Arthie
    Devoted October 2016
    Arthie ·
    • Flag

We are doing a calendar for the guest book and our guests will enter in bdays and anniversaries. We don't have a wedding party so no gifts there.

• Britny
    VIP February 2017
    Britny ·
    • Flag

We're doing a message in a bottle for our guest book!

For gifts I'm getting my MOH/BM a wine glass, mini wine bottle, tote, and a robe and hanger (I know they're props not gifts).

FH wants to get his BM/GM this bottle opener that looks like a bullet and he's not sure what else.

For my parents, I have no idea what I'm getting them!

• JaKLyn
    Master November 2015
    JaKLyn ·
    • Flag

This was our guestbook. Currently hanging in our living room.

ETA: Bridal party gifts. Varied person to person. We treated it more like a birthday gift so each person got something specific to their likes instead of a matching group gift.

Parents: We got FIL a custom grill set. MIL a sapphire and diamond necklace.

• soon2bemrs2017
    Super October 2017
    soon2bemrs2017 ·
    • Flag

Guestbook: Thinking we'll just print out a photobook from shutterfly of our engagement photos for people to sign. Might make it a little more fun by doing a "caption this photo" on some of them. Also playing with doing a thumb print tree in addition to a guestbook. I know I wouldn't hang anything in our house with a bunch of signatures on it but I would hang up something like a thumbprint tree.

Bridal party gifts: Fiancé is getting each guy something different since they're all so different from one another. He knows he'll get his best man an engraved knife but he'll figure out the rest as our day gets closer.

For my bridesmaids I'll probably get them each a flannel (we're getting married in the fall) and something small more individualized to each of them.

Parents gifts: Thinking I'll be getting my mom a pearl drop necklace because I have one that she's obsessed with. His mom I'll get a necklace for as well, not sure what kind yet though. I'll probably get my dad an engraved wooden watch and for his stepmom and dad I'll let him figure out. We have a weird relationship with them.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics