Kat
Dedicated May 2017

Save-the-dates?

Kat, on July 19, 2016 at 3:08 PM Posted in Planning 0 19
Saved Save

Did you guys do save-the-dates or did you guys just do the invites? I was ganna do just the invites but I wanted to know what you guys did. Let me know. Thanks in advance.

19 Comments

• Rebecca
    Master November 2015
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

We did not use save the dates and had no regrets. They're helpful if a significant portion of your guest list is out of town or if it's a holiday weekend, but other than that they're typically not necessary. If you do use them, you don't have to send them to the entire guest list; just send them to out of towners or anyone who might need advance notice, who you are certain you will not want to cut from the guest list later on.

• Sylvia751
    VIP November 2016
    Sylvia751 ·
    • Flag

I did, but I have a destination wedding. If most of your guests do not have to travel far and make arrangements, it's not necessary.

• mimitrue
    Master January 2016
    mimitrue ·
    • Flag

We did because our wedding date was right after the holidays so we wanted to give people a heads up before actual invites went out.

• #takemetotuberville
    Devoted April 2017
    #takemetotuberville ·
    • Flag

I only did for my out of town guests since they had to make travel arrangements, other than that, no.

• Becoming a Mrs
    Master July 2016
    Becoming a Mrs ·
    • Flag

I did them. But only because it was a holiday weekend with many out of town guests, I had no regrets but also knew nothing was going to change financially

• Michelle
    VIP March 2017
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

I am doing them as everyone will be traveling for the wedding. I get not having them though if you're not. Now that I've asked people for their addresses so far in advance, I have to invite all these people. So just make sure everything is set and you are able to actually invite all these people. If you aren't having a lot of people travel, I'd say skip on them

• X
    Savvy July 2016
    Xxxx ·
    • Flag

@ohhappypaulsons thanks for the call out lol can you tell i have wedding brain? Lol I was thinking of the RSVPs MY BAD

• MNA
    Master April 2018
    MNA ·
    • Flag

We will be doing both, however we are having a DW and our guests may need time to make arrangements and book rooms, make travel plans, etc. we also have an extremely small guest list, and still will only be sending them to our VIPs.

• Mrs. Britt
    VIP August 2016
    Mrs. Britt ·
    • Flag

We did save the dates . I don't know how effective it was though lol.

• Natalie
    VIP March 2017
    Natalie ·
    • Flag

We did them because about 50% of our guests will have to travel.

• Karolyn
    Beginner December 2016
    Karolyn ·
    • Flag

I did STDs only because we are getting married on a Friday in December.

• Amanda
    Master January 2017
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

We did because a lot of our family members plan things (vacations etc.) well in advance so we wanted to make sure they would keep our date free.

• MrsMarsh
    Super August 2016
    MrsMarsh ·
    • Flag

We did save the dates but not everyone got one :/

• I_CRE8
    Super November 2016
    I_CRE8 ·
    • Flag

We didn't do STD's and found that our wedding date spread by word of mouth. We don't have a ton of OOT guests, though, and we called those that are to let them know they will be invited. For us, they were unnecessary and a waste of money.

• Maria Karla
    Devoted July 2017
    Maria Karla ·
    • Flag

I am doing Save the Dates, the magnetic ones. Waiting for a good deal! Smiley laugh

• NewFutureMrs
    Super September 2016
    NewFutureMrs ·
    • Flag

We didn't, but we only have about 14 invites. We went by word of mouth and saved the money.

• Alice
    Expert September 2016
    Alice ·
    • Flag

We have about 50% traveling and didn't do them. We did however, call everyone we planed to invite on the phone, told them we were engaged and the date and we hope they'll be able to come right after we got engaged which was like 1 year from our wedding. The list grew from then but I think that happens with paper STDs too.

• I'm Mrs Shuey
    VIP September 2016
    I'm Mrs Shuey ·
    • Flag

I did about 6 save the dates for out of town guests only.

• Jen D.
    VIP May 2017
    Jen D. ·
    • Flag

We have ordered ours. Our wedding is a holiday weekend and we have a lot of OOT guests.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics