FutureMrsJ
Devoted September 2016

Popcorn Bar!!!!

FutureMrsJ, on April 20, 2016 at 8:55 PM

Posted in Do It Yourself 27

Hey everyone I'm just brainstorming reception ideas. I really want a popcorn bar. Has anyone done one? If so was it a hassle. Should I just do a regular sweets table?

Hey everyone I'm just brainstorming reception ideas. I really want a popcorn bar. Has anyone done one? If so was it a hassle. Should I just do a regular sweets table?

27 Comments

• Samantha
    VIP August 2015
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

We did and it was a huge hit. We bought pre popped popcorn from a local shop that does all sorts of flavors - we had regulard/cheddar/caramel/chicago style. Then we m&m's, nuts, Reese peices, and some other candys for mix ins. bought on Amazon super cute old movie style mini popcorn buckets. We got so many compliments on it. And the whole thing cost us $300!!!

• Lbee59
    Super June 2016
    Lbee59 ·
    • Flag

This was my idea then I found out the price Smiley sad I talked to the popcorn guy and he said to do

white popcorn with sugar popcorn pieces...so I'm doing that and the sugar pieces will be blue (my wedding color) way cheaper that way...2 giant trash can bags for only $30 Smiley laugh

• Hannah
    Expert August 2016
    Hannah ·
    • Flag

We are doing a popcorn bar! Im excited.

• BicycleBuiltForTwo
    Master September 2016
    BicycleBuiltForTwo ·
    • Flag

This sounds like so much fun! I would love a popcorn bar. You could get fancy bags, and let people take their mixes home as a favor.

• Colleen
    Devoted September 2016
    Colleen ·
    • Flag

We are having a popcorn bar. The sign is going to say "POPCORN BAR...because our love is POPPIN!" lol how cute is that!! We are ordering it from Poptiquepopcorn. We already samples from there and decided which we wanted to order. We are obsessed with popcorn so it's very fitting for us to have the popcorn bar.

ETA - Orientaltrading has some mini popcorn boxes (just type in popcorn boxes) that can be ordered in almost every color. They are so cute.

• M
    VIP September 2016
    MrsInSeptember ·
    • Flag

Love the idea after dancing people will want a snack. Cute boxes or bags would be fun and the mix-ins sound delicious!

• NativeBride
    Super October 2016
    NativeBride ·
    • Flag

That actually sounds pretty cool.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics