We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Do It Yourself

Join  group

It’s time to flex those crafting muscles! Bust out the sewing machine, master the art of the glue gun, and show that cricut who’s boss - this section is all about getting creative and customizing your wedding day decor. Share your DIY tips and progress here!

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
C
Wedding crafts?
Chloe, on May 24, 2020 at 7:19 PM

What are you Brides doing for crafts to make your wedding more personal? I would love to see your crafts!!! I'm currently working on tweaks to my headpiece.

Dynesha, May 25, 2020 20 135
Rebecca
Hire a film school student for the wedding
Rebecca, Yesterday at 6:33 PM

Do you guys know of any photography schools or website that has a portfolio? I'm picky with photography, but its not completely the camera quality, but the person's eye. I'm in California US. I'd love...

Rebelle Fleur, 2 hours ago 7 72
Samantha
Too much free time = centerpiece overthinking
Samantha, on May 24, 2020 at 5:25 PM

One of the downsides to all of the time I have at home right now is that I can overthink and redesign my centerpiece ideas. Right now I'm stuck between the two drafts below. I was hoping to get some...

Tori, 4 hours ago 20 267
Nikki
We made an arch!
Nikki, Yesterday at 10:05 AM

Although our wedding is postponed to next year I thought I’d share the kicka** arch my dad made for our wedding. The decorative panels are actually from a dog fence I bought at Home Goods 😂

Pirate & 60s Bride, Yesterday at 9:21 PM 8 86
Kayleigh
Centerpiece help!
Kayleigh, on May 5, 2020 at 10:04 PM

What is everyone doing for centerpieces? I am doing the wood slices as a base. I bought all these cute battery operated lights for bottles and the batteries are in what looks like a cork. My plan was...

Naomi, Yesterday at 8:28 PM 10 111
Courtney
Groomsmen "propsal" boxes
Courtney, on May 26, 2020 at 10:13 PM

Hubbs was completely against it at first..but since I had made boxes for my bridesmaids, I wanted to put something together for his groomsmen. He finally came around and even made the suggestion of...

Lynnie, Yesterday at 7:01 PM 9 134
Jen
who's the best online wholesale flower supplier?
Jen, on January 17, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I want to DIY my centerpieces and bouquets. Who's the best online wholesaler? I understand that Sam's Club and Costco are great ways to go, but we don't have a car big enough to transport the flowers....

Gisel, Yesterday at 1:57 PM 24 7,397
Toby
Has anyone tried a diy Photo booth? How did it go?
Toby, on May 15, 2020 at 1:12 PM

When we first started planning I really wanted a photo booth for the wedding. A friend of mine did it and it made for an awesome guest book! As wedding costs piled up we decided to nix the photo booth...

Toby, May 27, 2020 10 107
Cherry
Ideas!!
Cherry, on May 24, 2020 at 8:29 AM

What Are somethings you would DIY for your wedding instead of paying someone to them ? And what wouldn't you recommend to DIY ?

Anna, May 27, 2020 15 136 1
Kelly
Floating candle centerpiece help!
Kelly, on May 26, 2020 at 4:09 PM

Hey guys i was putting together my centerpieces of floating candles with pearl vasefiller. I am not a huge fan, my fiance and future father in law suggested maybe adding a floating flower. Ive been...

Rebelle Fleur, May 27, 2020 7 80
Christina
diy Wood Signs
Christina, on May 31, 2019 at 10:17 AM

My FH and I are planning to make wooden signs this weekend! One is for the seating chart, one is a directional sign for the ceremony, and the last piece will be our guest book. I really need help!!!...

Circularzzsaw, May 27, 2020 7 131
MommaKeysMOG
Help ? Flowers Foam? Silk? Latex? Real touch?
MommaKeysMOG, on January 14, 2018 at 12:30 PM

Help I'm the MOG helping with the whole wedding and been doing research for good fake artificial flowers. Anyone know what is the difference between all of these different type and which once seem to...

Tammy, May 26, 2020 11 1,514
Elizabeth
Bridesmaids Gifts
Elizabeth, on May 23, 2020 at 7:00 PM

Does anyone have any suggestions on bridesmaids gifts? I made proposal boxes for my engagement party. Each had a shirt that said bridesmaid on the back for the wedding day, a small compact mirror, a...

Joanna, May 26, 2020 5 85
R
Acrylic Dye Suggestions for Sola Wood Flowers
Rebekah, on February 25, 2019 at 10:08 PM

Color example 1Color Example 2 I am making boutineers and flower crowns out of sola wood flowers but am struggling with acrylic paint colors. I agonized over arcylic colors at Joann's for hours and...

Adra, May 25, 2020 5 1,493 2
Katie
Invitations
Katie, on May 22, 2020 at 9:44 PM

So I bought a wax stamp kit from Amazon. It came with wax that has a wick like a candle. You have to light the wick and let the wax melt onto the paper. Problem is that you can't get the right amount...

Vanessa, May 24, 2020 7 135
Mandee
Do these look okay?
Mandee, on May 7, 2020 at 10:14 PM

So I made my bridesmaid bouquets with flowers from Amazon and Im not sure how I feel about them. Do they look okay?

Monica, May 24, 2020 120 1,934 29
Sherraine
What to put in my bridesmaids proposal boxes?
Sherraine, on April 24, 2020 at 2:04 PM

I got some cards made and ordered a few bath bombs to start but is like a few more items. What else can be put in?

Amanda, May 23, 2020 13 97
Megan
diy Fake Garland
Megan, on May 22, 2020 at 11:34 AM

Just wanted to share these centerpieces I made. Everything was 80% off at Joannes so I couldn’t pass that up! What I started with lol . Replaced the pink roses with blush dahlias. Probably going to...

Elizabeth, May 23, 2020 11 107
Molly
diy Sola wood Flowers
Molly, on May 11, 2020 at 1:16 PM

Hey everyone! I just wanted to share my completed Sola Wood Flower bouquets and boutonnières! I’m so happy with how they turned out. I DIY’d them and I love them! If anyone is on the fence about using...

Molly, May 22, 2020 12 103
Billie
Sola wood bouquet
Billie, on May 9, 2020 at 9:06 AM

I am NOT crafty at all. I decided that I was going to use Sola Wood flowers and MAKE my own bouquet. 🙄 I wanted something that would last and something that meant something to me. I bought a kit from...

Rachel, May 22, 2020 4 78
Start a discussion