We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Do It Yourself

Join  group

It’s time to flex those crafting muscles! Bust out the sewing machine, master the art of the glue gun, and show that cricut who’s boss - this section is all about getting creative and customizing your wedding day decor. Share your DIY tips and progress here!

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Megan
Wedding Diy’s
Megan, Yesterday at 11:31 AM

Hello all! So I am a HUGE fan of any and every wedding DIY, and am planning on doing quite a few myself. What DIY’s have y’all done for your weddings that you’d love to share? I love seeing how...

Cassi, Yesterday at 10:10 PM 21 293 1
C
Let’s talk nails
Celina, Yesterday at 9:05 AM

So are used to get my nails done religiously before meeting my fiancé. About two years in a relationship I stop working became a stay at home mom in stopped getting them done. With the wedding coming...

Heather, 3 hours ago 18 172
Tina & Darren
The Finished product for my centerpieces ..
Tina & Darren, Yesterday at 6:07 PM

I'm finially finished with my centerpiece look. I think i did a awesome job. Didn't think I could be so creative

Tina & Darren, Yesterday at 10:37 PM 13 134
Jennifer
Printing Invitations
Jennifer, on February 26, 2021 at 3:15 PM

I fell in love with this invitation suite on Etsy, asked the seller if it was possible to tweak it a bit and she did and now its absolutely perfect! But now the question is where do I get it printed?...

Jennifer, Yesterday at 9:55 PM 13 178
Norma Jean
Unique Save the Dates
Norma Jean, on March 2, 2021 at 3:42 PM

My fiancé and I are huge horror movie fans and this is our idea for our save the dates but I wanna make the finger look as realistic as possible. Any ideas how we can do this?

Norma Jean, Yesterday at 9:10 PM 46 430
Brittany
Bouquets matching other flowers
Brittany, Yesterday at 9:56 AM

Hey y’all. I’m doing my own flowers for my wedding and have the bouquets, but can’t decide on what other flowers to use for my arch. Opinions welcome!! First picture is the bouquets with the ties that...

Tory, Yesterday at 8:53 PM 4 85
A
💄 makeup
Ashley, on March 2, 2021 at 11:28 AM

So me and the bridesmaids are doing our own makeup any tips or advice to help? It will be in July in Texas so it’s gonna be hot 😅.

Casey, Yesterday at 1:07 PM 8 81
Kelsey
Arch Decor diy
Kelsey, on March 2, 2021 at 11:47 PM

Anyone tried doing flowers for wedding arches? I feel like it seems like no big deal but is actually pretty complicated. If you have made an arrangement, seen a something on how to do it, or know how...

Jennifer, Yesterday at 1:02 PM 12 92
A
Recommendations for Star Wars Wedding?
Ashley, on February 2, 2021 at 1:55 PM

Hi all!!! I've been planning our wedding for a while now and originally had an idea in my head about making lightsaber center pieces which ended up coming out to be way to much for the amount of...

Ariel, Yesterday at 8:23 AM 7 118 1
Tina & Darren
My diy
Tina & Darren, on March 2, 2021 at 8:11 AM

My DIY projects I've gotten done so far...This is so fun to do

Tina & Darren, Yesterday at 7:01 AM 9 134
Emerald
diy Enchanted Forest Themed Wedding Decorations
Emerald, on February 20, 2019 at 5:56 PM

Hello! I'm looking for some DIY decoration ideas for my enchanted forest themed wedding reception

Brandy, Mar 2, 2021 9 908
B
My First Sola Wood Bouquet and Coupon
Brianna, on May 20, 2018 at 12:20 PM

I found out about sola wood flowers on here and wanted to share the first bouqet I made. I dyed the flowers using a mix of acrylic paint and warm water. I think these are so neat and different. I got...

Ruth, Mar 2, 2021 8 324
A.francis
The first diy project for my wedding!!!
A.francis, on February 23, 2021 at 8:31 AM

Okay so here's the project I did Saturday night!!!! This part of the project was under $10 ($9.98 to be exact) with all the supplies I used. This would have cost me $35.25 with...

Makeba, Mar 2, 2021 34 387 3
Candace
Show me your diy bouquets!
Candace, on January 7, 2021 at 12:53 PM

I chose to make my flowers with faux flowers from lings moments an I’m soo so happy with the turn out! I like to diy an I also wanted to stay on a budget! “I’m making all my decor”

Candace, Mar 2, 2021 32 426 7
Katie
Who Sets Up Diy??
Katie, on February 14, 2021 at 5:44 PM

Hello ladies I'm considering DIYing my centerpieces and other reception decor. I'm thinking something very simple but still elegant like this It seems easy enough however who would I have set this up...

Amber, Mar 2, 2021 14 191
Tori
Laser Printing on Colored Cardstock? Where can i go?
Tori, on March 1, 2021 at 5:11 PM

Hey ladies, I'm about to rip my hair out over here. I really want to foil my wedding invitations, which I've already designed, but I need to print them using a laser printer (toner) so that my toner...

Lynnie, Mar 2, 2021 4 49
G
What type of print do i need
Genny, on March 1, 2021 at 3:44 PM

I purchased signage on Etsy. I would like to make one sign 16x20 with no frame. I assume a poster is too thin to stand alone on an easel. What do I need to purchase instead of poster? Thanks!

Kari, Mar 2, 2021 11 83
Hilary
Tips for planning an OUTDOOR wedding? (with zero power outlets)
Hilary, on August 8, 2015 at 1:12 PM

Hi! I'm looking for tips when it comes to hosting an outdoor wedding! I currently reside in Southern California, smack dab in the middle between LA county and San Diego County. I’m getting married in...

Dizzy, Mar 1, 2021 33 2,327
H
Decoration advise
Helen, on February 23, 2021 at 8:15 PM

Hi everyone, I’m having so much fun being crafty with my wedding! I didn’t know I was this creative! 🥰 I made this arrangement for my ceremony to be placed in front of my podium horizontally and be...

A.francis, Mar 1, 2021 4 130
Jess
diy Welcome Sign
Jess, on February 28, 2021 at 3:27 PM

I got this frame that I want to put a piece of acrylic in to be our welcome sign. The frame didn’t come with any backing or clips or anything though so I’m not really sure what I need to hold the...

Michelle, Feb 28, 2021 6 105
Start a discussion
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics