We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Do It Yourself

Join  group

It’s time to flex those crafting muscles! Bust out the sewing machine, master the art of the glue gun, and show that cricut who’s boss - this section is all about getting creative and customizing your wedding day decor. Share your DIY tips and progress here!

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Kelsey
programs are Done!!!
Kelsey, on July 3, 2020 at 10:04 AM

And I am so excited about them I had to share. Preface: I am a graphic designer so the paper products for the wedding are SUPER important to me. As for these... professionally, probably a bit busy BUT...

Kim, Yesterday at 3:06 PM 17 251 4
Makayla
Backyard wedding
Makayla, on July 8, 2020 at 5:00 PM

Okay cost factor aside, how was your experience for your backyard wedding and anything you wish you had thought of before/things you learned. We’ve gotten the cost part down and it fits our budget...

Marcia, Jul 8, 2020 9 140
Allie
Ink Color for Dark Blue Envelopes
Allie, Yesterday at 7:44 PM

Hello! I am getting ready to address our Save The Dates- the envelope is a beautiful dark dusty blue where black ink will not work well. Any suggestions on what color/brand pen or thin marker I should...

Anna, 7 hours ago 7 68
Justinj
Wedding Invite Covid-19 Card Message
Justinj, Today at 12:00 AM

Hello! I was just wondering if anybody has come up or found anywhere a small message to include with your invitation just to kind of inform people about the precautions that are being taken on the...

Justinj, 8 hours ago 39
Amanda
diy Reception Centerpieces!! What do you think?!
Amanda, Yesterday at 9:02 AM

Hey ladies! So I’m working on our centerpieces. I’m going all in on the DIY! I built the lanterns myself and used Sola Wood flowers that I dyed at home. It’s been a lot of work and I have a lot more...

Monique, Yesterday at 8:50 PM 21 180 2
Trisha
Centerpiece
Trisha, on July 9, 2020 at 7:39 AM

I Did A "Test Run" Of My Centerpieces Last Night. I Love How It Looks. I Am Thinking About Adding Some Babies Breath To The Flowers. What Do You Yall Think?

Shannon, Yesterday at 7:47 PM 28 320
Alisa
Handwritten or typed thank you cards?
Alisa, on July 10, 2020 at 10:54 AM

My handwriting is TERRIBLE, is it awful to print a personalized message in the thank you cards for a bridal shower and /or wedding?

Megan, Yesterday at 12:43 PM 23 175
Leanne
diy Flowergirl Baskets
Leanne, on July 10, 2020 at 10:44 AM

I’m so happy with how my flower girl baskets turned out! I found these baskets at thrift stores, spray-painted them gold and found ribbon and flowers at dollar tree. I have a fourth basket drying,...

Pirate & 60s Bride, Yesterday at 11:19 AM 11 68
Jennifer
Sweets table decor
Jennifer , on July 10, 2020 at 5:32 PM

I made these as an idea for the sweets table but I can't decide what they are missing. There will be autumn garland, pumpkins, gourds, and fairy lights around the table as well. Right now they look...

Jennifer, Yesterday at 10:06 AM 7 87
Jessica
Greenery - How long does it last?!
Jessica, Yesterday at 1:04 AM

Hello! I am planning on using a lot of loose greenery for my wedding. I am hoping to set it out the day before my wedding. I will be laying it on tables and using it in wreaths. Does anyone have...

Elmarose04, Yesterday at 3:09 AM 1 58
Amanda
Memorial Table Suggestions
Amanda, on July 5, 2020 at 7:39 PM

I wanted to include a memorial table primarily for our grandparents that have passes. I made a tree and plan to put pictures of our loved ones. I’m looking for a quote to tie it all together but...

Elmarose04, Jul 10, 2020 18 176
Molly
Sola Wood Flower Sale!
Molly, on July 10, 2020 at 5:02 PM

Hey anyone who is wanted to use Sola wood flowers! They are have a really good sale! 60% off assortments and...

Molly, Jul 10, 2020 4 47
Emma
Fake flowers for arch
Emma, on July 10, 2020 at 5:06 PM

Best place to get fake flowers to make a corner swag for my arch? Is it better to buy the flowers and make it myself or buy one off of esty? Which would be better price wise?

Melle, Jul 10, 2020 2 36
Melissa
diy florals
Melissa, on July 8, 2020 at 3:11 PM

So I just went a bought a bunch of clearence floral items from Joann's. I would like to put them together, but I'm not sure where to start! What kind of decor should I have other than basic planters? ...

Lynnie, Jul 10, 2020 3 85
Brandon
diy Centerpieces
Brandon, on July 10, 2020 at 2:37 AM

Working on centerpieces for our desert wedding in September and I'm looking to get some outside thoughts other than family. Majority of our tables are long wood tables so there will be one white box...

Jana, Jul 10, 2020 9 123
Christina
Rug or no rug ?
Christina, on July 9, 2020 at 9:00 PM

In 15 days I will be getting married outside of a Cabin. Lots of greenery. I’m going for a vintage theme/rustic gor my micro wedding. Like many brides my wedding was affected by COVID And I’m trying...

Chelsea G, Jul 10, 2020 14 133 1
Grazielle
Centerpiece help!
Grazielle, on June 7, 2020 at 5:06 AM

So my fiancé and I got engaged last April and we decided early on that we want to a starry night theme with blues, purples, and silver as our colors. I'm so indecisive about design that I have 3...

Shante, Jul 9, 2020 26 216
Kirsten
Invitations done!
Kirsten, on July 5, 2020 at 8:32 PM

I learned how to do hand lettering so I could address my invitations. Thank goodness there aren't many of them because it's a lot of work! But I'm happy with how they turned out (and glad I bought...

Anna, Jul 9, 2020 22 168
Brittany
Eucalyptus garland!
Brittany, on July 9, 2020 at 9:17 AM

Ladies these are 17 dollars for 2-6 ft garlands on amazon. Super good quality. Flowers were added by me.

Lynnie, Jul 9, 2020 6 118
Abigail
Tips on bouquet making?
Abigail, on July 9, 2020 at 3:11 PM

If the florist quotes I’ve just requested are too expensive, I’ll be putting my own bouquet together with live flowers. Anybody have any tips or tricks? And what do I need to put it together?

Molly, Jul 9, 2020 5 66
Start a discussion