Do It Yourself

Join  group

It’s time to flex those crafting muscles! Bust out the sewing machine, master the art of the glue gun, and show that cricut who’s boss - this section is all about getting creative and customizing your wedding day decor. Share your DIY tips and progress here!

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
FutureMrsKC
Sams Club Bulk Floral total Review- Delivery to wedding day! (photos included)
FutureMrsKC, on February 3, 2019 at 1:47 PM

Here it is y'all! My Sams review! It's wordy and pic heavy but if you want the short version here it is: Prepare accordingly, and DO IT! Seriously, best decision ever! My vision: white and greenery,...

Debbie, 51 minutes ago 63 17 3,053
Krissy
Flower arrangements
Krissy, Yesterday at 6:45 PM

Hi everyone! I want to do my own flower arrangements, I only need enough for 1 bouquet, 1 boutonnière and 6-10 center pieces, also maybe a flower crown. I want them to be real, where do you suggest...

Mcskipper, 55 minutes ago 4 57
Destiny
Yay flowers in!
Destiny, Yesterday at 3:10 PM

Just got our sola flowers in! Going to let the paint get to room temp n dye some! Lilac paint is a little lighter that i hoped but I'll figure it out!

Cliodhna, An hour ago 6 83
L
Signs
Laurel, Yesterday at 7:49 PM

I just wanted to flag a good deal. Signs.com. I ordered our welcome foam board sign from them for 32.00. it just arrived and looks awesome.

Laurel, 3 hours ago 3 63
Willbe
Roses Stem Lengths for purchasing
Willbe, on November 12, 2019 at 9:38 PM

I'm pricing out my flowers and it looks kind of like thisoes anyone know from experience if longer stems are *just* longer stems, or if the buds really are bigger? Since these are going into...

Cliodhna, 5 hours ago 2 35
Vannesa
diy flowers
Vannesa, Yesterday at 1:44 PM

I wanted to look into doing my own flower arrangements for my wedding yes it's in 2021 so I have time but i wanted to know how I would go about doing a trial run just so I know whether I could do it...

Erika, Yesterday at 7:42 PM 4 46
Barbara
bouquet flowers
Barbara, on November 12, 2019 at 9:15 PM

My boquet flowers the dark purple an Pecaso cream with purple.

Cher Horowitz, Yesterday at 6:30 PM 6 60
mary
a lot of Diy, experiences, regrets?
mary, on November 3, 2019 at 1:12 AM

Our wedding is in a couple weeks and we are very economical. Nothing fancy or super detailed. I am taking care of centerpieces, flowers for the wedding party and favors. What are your thoughts on DIY?...

Chrisheena, Yesterday at 6:18 PM 13 225
Abby
Printing Invitations on your own
Abby, on November 12, 2019 at 5:45 PM

For those that printed their invitations on their own, what kind of printer did you use?

Sara, Yesterday at 4:26 PM 5 53
Stephanie
diy clear invitations
Stephanie, on November 10, 2019 at 4:44 PM

Hi everyone! Currently deciding on what invitation we should choose from and just was debating on: acrylic wedding invitations or the clear flexible invitations? Some places want to charge a lot for...

Simone, Yesterday at 3:16 PM 8 1 77
Cliodhna
DIY Projects - One or More?
Cliodhna, on October 15, 2019 at 11:05 AM

Would you and your fiancé(e) consider yourselves crafty? Are you creating some of your own wedding decor, stationery, or customizing your attire? Are you taking on one or more DIY projects? Photo...

Cliodhna, Yesterday at 12:28 PM 81 420
Dayna
Bridesmaid Proposal Boxes!
Dayna, on November 11, 2019 at 8:40 AM

I finally finished my boxes! I know that many feel these are unnecessary, but I had fun making them and since all of my bridesmaids live 3+ hours from me, I really wanted to do something up front to...

Marné, Yesterday at 11:38 AM 19 3 199
Nina
diy Brides!
Nina, on October 30, 2019 at 8:19 PM

What are you planning to do yourself? I made these Up groom Carl and bride Ellie champagne glasses for my fiancé and I. Our 6th year anniversary is Friday! Wedding is next September 25th! I cannot...

Ashley, Yesterday at 10:25 AM 37 1 525
T
Bridesmaid Gifts
Tanya, on November 11, 2019 at 1:28 AM

I didn’t do bridesmaids proposal boxes, I just asked everyone in person or called if they would be in my wedding. I wanted to have everyone wear matching pj sets on the big day and I wanted to get...

Ann, Yesterday at 4:36 AM 8 106
Chrissy
Firehouse/Hall Rental Venue
Chrissy, on March 15, 2015 at 4:25 PM

Hi Brides! I was wondering if any of you are/have considered getting married at a firehouse or VFW hall? Due to certain circumstances, our wedding budget has gone down At first, I was kind of against...

Toni, Nov 12, 2019 12 1,889
kristen
Scroll Wedding Invitations
kristen, on March 7, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I've seen a few post where women have considered ordering from scrollweddinginvitations.com. I went to their website and attempted to order but they are asking for payment before you can enter your...

Amalia, Nov 12, 2019 3 17
J
What was your experience with flowerfarm.com?
, on June 5, 2019 at 3:49 PM

Has anyone ordered flowers from FlowerFarm.com? If so, what was your experience like? What did the flowers look like when you first got them? How far ahead did you order them? How many days before the...

Amalia, Nov 12, 2019 7 84
S
Exit
Shannon, on October 27, 2019 at 10:07 AM

Just wondering if anyone is using bubbles, glow sticks, sparklers or balloons for their exit? Trying to get ideas and what would look best in the photos.

Amalia, Nov 12, 2019 24 154
Tiffany
Handmade Wishing well Card Box
Tiffany, on November 10, 2019 at 8:53 AM

Last year my.coysin got married, and wanted a wishing well card box. My 80-something year old grandfather said he could make one (carpentry skills for the win). He made this one, but my cousin decided...

Ashley, Nov 12, 2019 5 1 89
Jeanette
Free wedding invite diy designing recommendations
Jeanette, on November 10, 2019 at 4:29 PM

Hi guys! So I'm hoping to leisurely start drafting our wedding invites which we'll be sending out in June/July. I started using Adobe Spark to make the invites from scratch and was browsing Etsy to...

Jeanette, Nov 12, 2019 6 1 104
Start a discussion