We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Do It Yourself

Join  group

It’s time to flex those crafting muscles! Bust out the sewing machine, master the art of the glue gun, and show that cricut who’s boss - this section is all about getting creative and customizing your wedding day decor. Share your DIY tips and progress here!

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Tesha
Bulk Flowers
Tesha, on July 14, 2020 at 1:33 PM

🌻🌻Who’s got the run down on where to buy artificial flowers in bulk for cheap? Want to order online if I can but I don’t know which sites are reputable or whom has the best prices. Or even which sites...

Molly, Jul 14, 2020 7 65
Makayla
Backyard wedding
Makayla, on July 8, 2020 at 5:00 PM

Okay cost factor aside, how was your experience for your backyard wedding and anything you wish you had thought of before/things you learned. We’ve gotten the cost part down and it fits our budget...

Marcia, Jul 8, 2020 9 166
Amanda
diy Sola Flower Bouquets
Amanda, Today at 8:40 AM

I’m on a roll with my DIY guys! I’ve never worked with flowers before, let alone bouquets so I hope they look as good as I think they do! Keep in mind that I wanted small bouquets, even for myself. My...

Amanda, 8 minutes ago 2
H
iso Wedding Signs
Heather, Yesterday at 11:28 PM

Looking for suggestions on creating wedding signs size 24x36. Which websites do you recommend (Etsy?) and where can I have the printed?

Jeni, 12 minutes ago 6 62
Katie
Arch or no arch
Katie, Today at 7:50 AM

Has anyone done something different than an arch? I like the idea of an arch but at the same time I don't want to spend too much making one. Plus I would like something smaller and easier to transport...

Lisa, 48 minutes ago 1 18
Angelica
diy Arch
Angelica, Yesterday at 10:00 PM

Finally finished the arch for our wedding! Gold Pentagon Arch- $70 from tablecloths factory Wisteria (25 bundles- I have a bunch left over) -$52 tablecloths factory Eucalyptus picks...

Shakia, An hour ago 7 95 1
Belle
Decorating Wedding Car
Belle, on July 12, 2020 at 10:02 PM

Anyone decorated their wedding car? How do you keep the flowers without being blown away, especially on highway? I like the images on google with tulles and flowers. Please let me know. Thank you in...

Belle, Yesterday at 10:51 PM 5 57
S
Ceremony music
Samantha, on July 14, 2020 at 7:53 PM

**Any advice on how to DJ your own ceremony? It’s outside in a garden at a resort. Small ceremony with just 20 people total counting ourselves (parents and siblings) intimate ceremony.

Chelsea G, Yesterday at 4:27 PM 9 84
Charlene
Wedding favors again😅
Charlene, Yesterday at 9:31 AM

Ok, in a previous post I mentioned I was making thank you bags with mini favors inside for my guest to hand out at the end of the reception. Do I make a bag for each guest or each household? My MIL...

Jana, Yesterday at 4:21 PM 12 96
Leanne
diy Bouquets
Leanne, on July 13, 2020 at 8:43 AM

I originally made my bouquet for my bridal portraits session, and loved it so much I think I’m using it for the actual wedding. I made my sisters bouquets several months later. What are y’all’s...

Christina, Yesterday at 3:35 PM 10 91
Jennifer
Sweets table decor
Jennifer , on July 10, 2020 at 5:32 PM

I made these as an idea for the sweets table but I can't decide what they are missing. There will be autumn garland, pumpkins, gourds, and fairy lights around the table as well. Right now they look...

TANIA-LYNN, Yesterday at 3:18 PM 9 115
Taylor
Invitation Critique. Tell me the truth!!
Taylor, on July 14, 2020 at 3:13 PM

Okay, y’all help me out. I’m going to get a thinner fabric ribbon and do a better job at sealing them but this was just a trial to see how it all looks together. Be honest. Does the color scheme work...

Lynnie, Yesterday at 11:56 AM 15 195
Christina
Rug or no rug ?
Christina, on July 9, 2020 at 9:00 PM

In 15 days I will be getting married outside of a Cabin. Lots of greenery. I’m going for a vintage theme/rustic gor my micro wedding. Like many brides my wedding was affected by COVID And I’m trying...

Jennifer, Yesterday at 6:16 AM 15 142 1
Cassandra
Rehearsal
Cassandra, on July 14, 2020 at 10:47 AM

Questions about rehearsal.... I know its probably by preference but who generally pays for the rehearsal dinner? Should we have a dress code? Casual, formal? Should we hand out bridal party gifts at...

Ashley, Yesterday at 5:21 AM 9 111
Kerin
Finished the centerpieces
Kerin, on July 13, 2020 at 11:12 PM

Hi, all. I previously asked about centerpieces and got a lot of good feedback (see link below)...I worked on beefing them up a little bit and think I'm going to stop now. Afraid if I add anything...

Jessica, Jul 14, 2020 13 138
Abigail
Tips on bouquet making?
Abigail, on July 9, 2020 at 3:11 PM

If the florist quotes I’ve just requested are too expensive, I’ll be putting my own bouquet together with live flowers. Anybody have any tips or tricks? And what do I need to put it together?

Kirsten, Jul 14, 2020 6 75
Justinj
Wedding Invite Covid-19 Card Message
Justinj, on July 12, 2020 at 12:00 AM

Hello! I was just wondering if anybody has come up or found anywhere a small message to include with your invitation just to kind of inform people about the precautions that are being taken on the...

, Jul 14, 2020 10 139 1
Trisha
Centerpiece
Trisha, on July 9, 2020 at 7:39 AM

I Did A "Test Run" Of My Centerpieces Last Night. I Love How It Looks. I Am Thinking About Adding Some Babies Breath To The Flowers. What Do You Yall Think?

Micah, Jul 13, 2020 29 343
Erin
Clean Engagement ring
Erin, on March 23, 2020 at 7:20 PM

How do you clean your engagement ring?

Chelsea, Jul 13, 2020 20 193 2
Jessica
Greenery - How long does it last?!
Jessica, on July 11, 2020 at 1:04 AM

Hello! I am planning on using a lot of loose greenery for my wedding. I am hoping to set it out the day before my wedding. I will be laying it on tables and using it in wreaths. Does anyone have...

Lynnie, Jul 13, 2020 2 73
Start a discussion