Do It Yourself

Join  group

It’s time to flex those crafting muscles! Bust out the sewing machine, master the art of the glue gun, and show that cricut who’s boss - this section is all about getting creative and customizing your wedding day decor. Share your DIY tips and progress here!

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
Flower Alternatives
Martika, on July 16, 2019 at 12:29 PM

Is anyone having a flowerless wedding? I can't bring myself to spend that much money on flowers. So I am looking for alternatives to flowers. So I decided for centerpieces, I won't have any flowers. I...

Stafford, Yesterday at 12:49 AM 47 387
Cricut Wedding Fun
Jazmine, on July 16, 2019 at 5:19 AM

I had a blast making our wedding invitations with my new Cricut from FH (wedding present)! Who else has one and has made some fun things for the wedding?! Show me what you have done! Would love some...

Jazmine, Jul 17, 2019 21 253
diy just about done! (pic heavy)
Michelle, Yesterday at 8:15 PM

We did so many DIY projects and we're finally wrapping it all up! Just need to finish putting twine on the wine bottles and spray some sealant on our crates and we're done! 4 more weeks!!!

Kelley, 5 hours ago 12 132
Favors are done!
Sherry, Yesterday at 3:24 PM

How cute are these mini newspaper favors!We originally were not going to have actual favors as we saw them as a waste of money but boredom at work and pinterest happened and here we are! But since my...

Sherry, Yesterday at 11:58 PM 8 117
Not hiring florist
Brittany, on July 17, 2019 at 9:03 AM

I’m trying to cut down on cost. I’m not hiring a florist. I plan on making eucalyptus boutineers/ bouquets, and using Italian Rucus as loose greenery for table decor. Anyone’s else not hiring a...

Farrah, Yesterday at 10:47 PM 65 2 646
Fake Flowers
Bridget, Yesterday at 12:57 PM

Hello everyone! I've been following these forums for awhile but never posted anything. My fiance and I are getting married May 16, 2020, and I am right in the midst of planning.I've been going back...

Jazmine, Yesterday at 10:21 PM 12 89
Clean Up
Aubrey, on July 17, 2019 at 3:45 PM

If you are planning on DIYing decor what is your plan for clean up? Are you hiring someone? Will you venue do that?

Jazmine, Yesterday at 10:17 PM 23 201
Flowers!
Brittany, Yesterday at 6:42 PM

I just happened to go to A.C Moore and low and behold bouquets in my colors were on sale for 40% off so 12 BUCKS. I bought 6! Couldn’t pass em up!

Cyndy, Yesterday at 8:22 PM 3 75
Budget flower plan!
Jessica, on July 14, 2019 at 2:26 PM

This is for you DIY ladies on a budget. Wanted to share my plan to save thousands of dollars on flowers!!! Table centerpieces will be babies breath around tall candles (simple yet romantic, cheap and...

Jessica, Yesterday at 8:05 PM 16 5 219
Floral Help!
Caitlyn, on July 17, 2019 at 7:04 PM

116 days to my wedding and we are at loss about what to do about florals. Budget is $2,000. My parents cannot imagine paying more than that for things that will be dead a week later. We've inquired...

Rebecca, Yesterday at 6:12 PM 22 334
Goodwill hunting: aka thrift store junky wedding
Mary, on July 15, 2019 at 4:13 PM

Are there any thrifty shoppers out there who are using, I mean "RE-USING" items from the thrift store for your wedding? I purchased a lot of my silk flowers, photo frames, and other interesting items...

Priss&Wes, Yesterday at 5:29 PM 22 150
diy Invitations
Erin, on July 11, 2019 at 9:37 AM

Alright guys, I was getting antsy so I started working on DIY invites and RSVPs (I know it's a little early, but I get so excited I can't help myself!!). What do you guys think?? Any kind of feedback...

Erin, Yesterday at 5:12 PM 19 1 175
Guest Book Sign - opinions needed
Allie, on July 17, 2019 at 1:32 PM

We are having a jenga guestbook where our guests can sign their name on a jenga block. For the sign to explain that this is our guest book, I am working on the design of something to print and put in...

Kayla, Yesterday at 4:41 PM 21 167
i made my wedding arch, opinions?
Michele, on July 17, 2019 at 4:38 PM

What do you think of it? 🤔

Kayla, Yesterday at 4:41 PM 26 2 234
diy Centerpeices - Where did you get your artificial flowers?
Candice, on July 6, 2019 at 7:19 PM

Hey Ladies,DIY bride on a budget here. I've decided I want to do small floral and greenery mixed wreath type pieces to put my center pieces on. I want to make something like in this picture but all...

Candice, Yesterday at 4:26 PM 32 1 319
Buttercream icing help
Kelsy, on July 17, 2019 at 7:11 PM

So I’m doing my practice wedding cake for my wedding and everything is turning out perfect except for the icing. I’m making buttercream icing and it keeps coming out runny and not frosty does anyone...

Kelsy, Yesterday at 3:54 PM 5 99
Lesbian wedding, dress or suit?
Jacqueline, on April 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Hi guys ,me and my fiancee have been looking at outfits for our gay wedding. My fiancee is more ofthe "boyish"type and i woud be concidered the "fem". She wants to wear suit (something casual like a...

Jacqueline, Yesterday at 2:06 PM 38 397
DIY Wedding Magazine Programs
His #1 Lady, on July 16, 2014 at 5:17 PM

I really want want magazine programs for our wedding because I think it goes with our red carpet theme, but they're so expensive. I would like to try to give it a go with DIY, but I don't know where...

Keatricia, Yesterday at 2:00 PM 8 796
Table Numbers Ideas
Mandi, on July 16, 2019 at 10:26 PM

Hey, so I'm slowly beginning to accept that I may need to assign all of my guests to a table. Not looking forward to this at all.Of course, this means I should probably number my tables.My...

Mandi, Yesterday at 11:50 AM 9 127
diy table numbers 😍
Elexis, on June 28, 2019 at 3:43 PM

So happy with the way these table numbers turned out! My MOH and I worked on them for about an hour and I’m in love 😍

Leslie, Yesterday at 11:42 AM 13 1 142