Do It Yourself

Join  group

It’s time to flex those crafting muscles! Bust out the sewing machine, master the art of the glue gun, and show that cricut who’s boss - this section is all about getting creative and customizing your wedding day decor. Share your DIY tips and progress here!

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
Calling all diy brides... show me!
Cassi, on October 8, 2019 at 11:48 PM

Calling all DIY brides. Show me your favorite DIY you have done thus far? Is it decor? Gifts? What is the project and what portion of your magnificent day will it be displayed? Me personally I wanted...

Ashley, Yesterday at 12:08 PM 44 2 580
diy Flowers
Tara, on October 12, 2019 at 2:15 PM

Oh boy are they time consuming! I was going to buy everything fake and pre made, but my family backed me into a corner otherwise. (Long story) This is my second weekend working on flowers, and I...

Cliodhna, 15 minutes ago 17 1 205
diy seating chart 😍
Melissa, on September 22, 2019 at 5:54 PM

Finally finished my seating chart!!!

Melissa, 25 minutes ago 21 4 360
diy painted champagne glasses
Tiffany, Today at 9:09 AM

I want to diy some glasses like this for myself & FH. I bought glasses from dollar tree and some multisurface/glass paint. The paint bottles say to put the painted glasses in the oven for a bit to...

Amber, An hour ago 3 35
Wedding invites
Erica, Yesterday at 11:33 PM

So I ended up doing my invites myself because I couldn’t believe how expensive people were charging for them 😭. I honestly feel so happy I did them myself.. they aren’t pro but man did I make them...

Anna, An hour ago 5 105
diy Cheese Board Appetizers
Brittany, on October 7, 2019 at 3:35 PM

Hey All,I decided to save money by doing appetizers myself since the caterer doesn't really do what I was envisioning for a fancy cheese board. I'm getting around 8 lbs of 4 difference cheeses, 6 lbs...

Cliodhna, 2 hours ago 5 103
Venue That’s Never Been Done Before
Bridget, Yesterday at 8:12 AM

Hi all, so we’re planning on getting married next October. We are between 2 venues for the reception and I could use some advice. The first option is a fire hall- it is beautiful and I feel it would...

Alyssa, 2 hours ago 11 126
Thinking of Making the Bouquets for Bridesmaids
Stephanie, on October 1, 2019 at 3:51 PM

Hey Ladies. I am thinking of making the bouquets for my BM's myself. However, I am not the craftiest person in the world, but I also feel like I can do just about anything. Is it hard? Has any one of...

Carrie, 8 hours ago 50 1 310
diy Storage Problem
Dynesha, on October 13, 2019 at 10:36 PM

Hello fellow DIY wedding self-planners! What are some of your solutions to storing all your DIY projects and supplies? I’m running out of room in my den/work space and I’m almost maxed out on garage...

Courtney, Yesterday at 7:41 PM 8 117
Centerpieces
Ashlei, on October 10, 2019 at 12:43 PM

Thank you to whoever told me Lings moment for fake flowers! I just got them in and they are AMAZING! but I’ve also realized I suck at trying to be creative and make centerpieces 😂🤦🏼‍♀️Anyone who’s...

BRANDI, Yesterday at 5:15 PM 14 276
Wedding favor
Jess, on October 13, 2019 at 10:30 PM

I’m finally happy with the outcome lol.. I wanted something simple and not spend a ton of money because I know these end up in the garbage after a while sadly. we are putting candy in the boxes

Shayna, Yesterday at 4:18 PM 11 230
Day of Schedule - Template
Danielle, on August 8, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Does anyone have a link to an online/downloadable day of timeline/schedule template? Preferably a fun one but open to anything! I've googled this but for some reason am having troube finding one you...

Lynnie, Yesterday at 3:56 PM 23 4 40,538
Finished our second diy project!
B, on October 11, 2019 at 8:32 PM

My fiance is an engineer, so he's super tech savvy and owns a 3d printer. He created an online mockup of our desired table numbers and we just finished 3d printing them!

Cliodhna, Yesterday at 10:43 AM 7 99
diy makeup trial for engagement shoot!
Brittany, on September 17, 2019 at 7:35 AM

I did my makeup this morning how I’m pretty sure I want to do it for our engagement pictures! Thoughts? I’ve been reading to go a little darker than you think you might need because the camera makes...

Desiree, Oct 13, 2019 10 130
Etsy!
Blair, on October 11, 2019 at 11:19 AM

What goodies have you found on Etsy?

Gabriella, Oct 13, 2019 28 1 347
Second guessing, please help.
Jessica, on October 12, 2019 at 2:52 PM

So i was pretty sure i knew what i wanted. I had envisioned everything, but now that im gathering things and trying to put it together im worried i will end up not liking it or everything will be...

Jessica, Oct 13, 2019 10 191
Ideas on rustic without burlap or wood
Camilla, on October 12, 2019 at 5:57 AM

I know that is most of what rustic is but I want country and rustic with birds but no trees, no wood, no burlap.What other materials would you recommend?

Cassie, Oct 13, 2019 6 77
Sealing Wood Cookies/Tree Slices
Keren, on August 29, 2017 at 1:12 PM

What would I need to do to seal untreated wood slices for my wedding NEXT September of 2018? Picking them up today and want them to stay in good shape until then. Would mod podge be enough or would I...

Sophie, Oct 13, 2019 10 6,301
free Stationery!!!
Caitlyn, on October 12, 2019 at 8:28 PM

I cant believe i have been on here this long and haven't told you guys about this! I used this site to create all of our stationery. They have so much to choose from. You can edit the templates with...

Caitlyn, Oct 12, 2019 2 2 141
Amazon diy flowes!
Erika, on October 11, 2019 at 10:17 PM

Found these gorgeous flowers on Amazon. These are foam , "real like" 30 for 13$. Its the closet yellow to my colors. I will be getting ivory, gray, and white. Adding greenery,hydrangeas, and bling to...

Michelle, Oct 12, 2019 6 1 155