monica
Dedicated July 2013

planing

monica, on December 12, 2011 at 11:27 AM Posted in Planning 0 19
Saved Save

Are wedding planer need ! i fond one for only $300 ! but i need to know ! im not a crafty person ! i just asking is it warth it !

19 Comments

• Jessica
    Master September 2017
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

I think if you ask most of the brides on here you do not need a wedding planner. A DOC (day of coordinator) is extremely helpful though!

Also, I would consider downloading Google Chrome to use as your browser cause it shows all your typo's. It is very tough to take someone serious when every sentence has issues with it..

Good Luck!

• monica
    Dedicated July 2013
    monica ·
    • Flag

Im not good a typeing so sorry

• Brandy Blackford
    December 2019
    Brandy Blackford ·
    • Flag

It depends on what this person is giving you for your money and if you need it done.

By saying you aren't a crafty person, is this "planner" helping you with those items? Are you paying for the materials? Crafts are usually not in the planners scope of work. The plan your wedding, coordinating your ideas with your vendors and establishing the look and feel of the wedding.

If you feel that it will give you peace of mind, help with any items or issues and make your wedding planning fun and not frustrating and you have the money to spend, I recommend you do it. A good planner is worth their weight in gold.

• Nacele
    Dedicated May 2012
    Nacele ·
    • Flag

Monica, I don't have a wedding planner. I just have to EC's to me they serve as the samething. I'm not spending extra money when I have a bunch of adults that know what the're suppose to be doing...Happy Planning..

• monica
    Dedicated July 2013
    monica ·
    • Flag

My famiy dose not want us to get married ! so that is why i pick a planer ! and limedt friends so thats is whats up with 50 pepole at the most she gave a buget plan and all i need was out lined verry well and she working with me on every thing

• Reina
    VIP April 2012
    Reina ·
    • Flag

Are you trying to be a do it yourself bride? Or are you purchasing everything. If your not crafty is she doing it for you. BUT if she seems to be helping you out. then that is good. have you picked a venue, dress?

• monica
    Dedicated July 2013
    monica ·
    • Flag

Venue yes dress no im a big woman size26-28

• Meghan
    Master August 2011
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

A planner for only $300? They can't be very good. I'd find out what you are getting for that money- because that's very low for a wedding planner! They won't do any crafty stuff for you.

However, if your family does not want you to get married, what would a planner do? If you're old enough to get married, you're old enough to plan it yourself. If your family is against the marriage, I'd try to figure out why before you move forward with any planning.

And please, try to use proper grammar and spelling. Your posts are very difficult to read, and confusing. We want to help, but we have to be able to understand you.

• monica
    Dedicated July 2013
    monica ·
    • Flag

Im not good at spelling im am so sorry this will be my last post thayou for all you help

• Tach
    Master July 2012
    Tach ·
    • Flag

I agree with what Meghan said about the planner, $300 is very low! I got quotes for Day Of, and they started at $900 just for the day!

And about your spelling, like someone else suggested, if you download the Google Chrome browser it underlines the words that are spelled wrong and all you have to do is click and select the word you mean. It will make it a lot easier for you.

• Hayley C™
    Master March 2008
    Hayley C™ ·
    • Flag

If you use the checklist tool on here, it should help you stay on track. Especially with the budget you have. The budget tool should be able to help you divide your money too.

• Kayla
    Super July 2012
    Kayla ·
    • Flag

I wouldn't waste money one getting a wedding planner for only 50 guest...You can come up with something and it doesn't have to be "crafty" at all.

• ashlee
    Master January 2012
    ashlee ·
    • Flag

A planner or a DOC is absolutely critical... get quotes in writing about what services are included, as they differ from planner to planner. your wedding day is NOT the day for you to micromanage vendors / deliveries / payments / set ups / seating charts / AV etc etc.

• monica
    Dedicated July 2013
    monica ·
    • Flag

Thanks

• Reina
    VIP April 2012
    Reina ·
    • Flag

Well now. when I was a new wedding planner I charged a small amount too. but i was very inexperianced at the time. (only 1 or 2 weddings) and didnt feel comfortable charging market rate when I was just starting out. So I won't knock the planner she has (yet)

Get your budget together, sounds like she has come up with a timeline for you. find dress makers that make gowns in your size, before you go try on. It will make your experiance a lot more comfortable. I know it helped when when I wanted to find a plus size dress I looked good in

• Brittney
    Expert November 2011
    Brittney ·
    • Flag

I noticed that you said this will be your last post? Why is that? It it because of your spelling? Don't give up, keep pacticing and keep posting. If no one else responds, I will.

You may not need a planner but it would be good to have someone help you on the day of the wedding so your mind can be a little more at ease. I would speak with the planner you have been talking to and ask her what her price includes.

• FutureMrsHodges
    VIP September 2012
    FutureMrsHodges ·
    • Flag

Don't get discouraged about the spelling/grammar issue! We are all here to help, just keep trying and you will be better.

Make sure you do your homework on the planner. But then again it's a planner here and her prcing is around $500 for a DOC and she has great reviews. If I was having a hometown wedding I would book her ASAP.

• P
    Devoted September 2013
    Pat ·
    • Flag

Continue to post we all make mistakes......you got our support! Congratulations Smiley smile

• monica
    Dedicated July 2013
    monica ·
    • Flag

Thanks to every one

Comment on this discussion