Leisha
Beginner June 2021

Petit Four Films - Have You Used?

Leisha, on December 30, 2019 at 10:56 PM Posted in Planning 0 19
Saved Save
Hi everyone! Newly engaged and planning my 6/12/21 wedding in the Hudson Valley, NY. Videography is very important to us, but so is keeping our budget. I have found Petit Four Films online and they seem unrealistically affordable - their website seems a little dated and they’re constantly blasting sales and deals which is bizarre to me - but their YouTube page is full of beautiful social media edits. They have great reviews on most wedding websites but something seems off to me. Would love to hear if you’ve used them and what the process was like. I see they’re all over the country - which I also don’t understand - so bonus if you are a NYC or Hudson Valley bride who used them. Thanks!

19 Comments

Latest activity by Lynsy, on June 6, 2021 at 9:35 AM
  • Gabbie
    Dedicated May 2021
    Gabbie ·
    • Flag
    Weird. My dream venue is, on average, 1000$, but then they have this package for 280$ and the only real difference i can see is that theres no set up included, so im in the same boat like, whats missing and why is it so cheap??
  • Clíodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Clíodhna ·
    • Flag

Hey Leisha.

I'm afraid they're not listed on WeddingWire so I don't have any additional information to share. All previous couple reviews on WeddingWire are verified by a separate team so you can be assured any you see on here are authentic. If you do decide to look for a different videographer, this may help Smiley smile

I always encourage couples to listen to their gut when searching for vendors. If something seems off and they can't clarify or assure you, it may be best to avoid Smiley smile

• Vanessa
    Beginner May 2021
    Vanessa ·
    • Flag

OMG!!!! I am on the same boat, I keep researching them because their price is reasonable, I did scroll all the way down on their IG page and found a few girls that actually commented on their own videos stating, thank u I love it etc etc and their profile pics looked like girls in the video, but I do feel so iffy about them, like they are giving away $100 target gift cards so idk, like why give away gift cards if they are so good, I did find them here on wedding wire at one point but now i can't seem to find them, apparently they went by a different name before.

• Erika
    Just Said Yes August 2019
    Erika ·
    • Flag

We hired them off of a recommendation and overall I would say that we had an excellent experience with Petit Four Films.

If I had any criticisms it would be that the final meeting with the videographer, Taylor (who was awesome btw), happened a little under 2 weeks ahead of the day. I would have liked to have had that a little earlier. I was getting nervous as we got closer to the day. Also I initially wasn't able to chose the song for the teaser BUT I was able to get it changed at no charge.

Beyond that. They are terrific!

Jason is really accommodating and the communication between us and the team is excellent.

We were also surprised to receive the complete package well ahead of the expected turnaround time. We love our videos and overall are very pleased.

• K
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Khadija ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hey! When did you use them? They are listed on The Knot but there are no reviews since September of 2018. I am also interested in them but the lack of recent reviews is making me wary.

• Taylor
    Just Said Yes September 2022
    Taylor ·
    • Flag
    Has there been any luck with verifying Petit Four Films!? Their pricing is so affordable and their videos look amazing. I want to hire them for my wedding in 2022 but want to make sure they’re legit!!
  • D
    Just Said Yes October 2022
    Diane ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Congrats! I also am getting married in 2022. I have looked into this company and finally gave up. Here is what I came across. 1. They say they’ve been in business over 14 years, but can not find proof of this. I did a webinar, not one of my questions was even acknowledged. My email to them about this was never acknowledged. Then,....we set up a consultation, have the email confirmation for the consult, and never heard a word from them. No call and no acknowledgement about them not calling. So for us, we gave up and I unfollowed and unsubscribed. Wish you all the love and happiness that you will share in this next chapter of your lives💖
  • D
    Just Said Yes September 2021
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

Love them! Our experience with Petit Four Films has been terrific so far! My sister used them and we loved her film. She was also referred by one of her bridesmaids who had the same experience.

What I also really appreciate is the communication and customer service. I would put them up there with our coordinator and our photographer; as the best at communication.

The Plus program is well worth it, but it can be difficult to get into as they only allow a few in a month. I wish they would change that as I had to be placed on a waiting list. If I had one criticism it would be that they have one contact for everything. Right now one person works with you on everything before the wedding and then one after the wedding which can get a little confusing. Although apparently they are changing that. These are minor criticisms.

Between the films, the communication, the additional savings we have received even after we booked, for us we are happy with our choice. Smiley smile

• S
    Sam ·
    • Flag

I think I'm in the same boat as many of you - my wedding coordinator in the Spring/Woodlands/Houston Texas area pointed out some similar red flags to what I'm reading in this thread. I can't help but notice that they never tag any of the couples/venues/etc in any of their social media posts. This is my first wedding so I'm no expert, but I'm really confused why they don't follow this trend when *every* other vendor seems to love to include each other's tags. Has anyone used this company in Texas? I'm also confused how they have so many locations, and more importantly, why Michael didn't mention that they were a national company in our phone consultation...seems like something you'd want to brag about. I've already paid the $100 to confirm the date, but I'm having some doubts...

• D
    Just Said Yes September 2021
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

Fortunately, we had referrals to work off of and I had seen their work before. I don't have a problem with them having a national presence, in fact most of the companies we looked at for videography did. I get it though. I was stressing over our florist. I loved their work, but I didn't know anyone who worked with them and I was looking for every red flag. So far so good on that one...fingers crossed. With Petit Four we mostly went with them based on the experiences of those we knew, my sister's being the most important. I'm sure they aren't for everyone, but they have been wonderful to work with so far Smiley smile

• Lynsy
    Just Said Yes April 2021
    Lynsy ·
    • Flag

My Wedding was April 10, 2021, we hired Petit Four Films to shoot our video,

I know some people are saying they are concerned about them being from different area or states, as we were also. Our videographer was local, he came and shot all day with us and then turns in the video and they edit it all. Petit Four has answered all of our questions and communicates with us. We even decided to add a film to our package after the wedding, and now we re just waiting on the films....

• Crystal
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Crystal ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Any updates on your video? I know we are waiting on ours but it’s been a while :o
  • Crystal
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Crystal ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    How long did it take for you to receive your video? We are still waiting on ours Smiley sad
  • Crystal
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Crystal ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    How long did it take you to receive the video?
  • M
    Just Said Yes January 2020
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

Our video arrived after the 90 day guarantee. TBH I was getting a little concerned. They lived up to their promise and gave us money back on the films which was greatly appreciated. The films looked terrific! We had a couple of small changes. They did them complementary and were very nice to work with.

• Crystal
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Crystal ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That makes me feel a little relieved. It’s been past the 90 days for us too and they did give us our money back. They said we should get the films this week! I hope they’re great. Happy that you got yours and were satisfied Smiley smile
  • Lynsy
    Just Said Yes April 2021
    Lynsy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Crystal and Michelle

When was your wedding date?

We have everything turned in and added a long film, but I was hoping for the social media teaser sooner than the wedding films.

• H
    Just Said Yes March 2020
    Hallie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I would ask if they can get the teaser to you before the other films. We asked about this and they said that they typically deliver it all at once. Then shortly after our request they delivered the whole package. We were thrilled!

• Lynsy
    Just Said Yes April 2021
    Lynsy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hallie: I did ask about the teaser first... I was told if it was done first they would send it, if not it would all come together.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics