Porterpoppin
VIP March 2019

Old, new, borrowed, blue?

Porterpoppin, on February 5, 2019 at 2:05 PM Posted in Planning 0 33
Saved Save

Show me pics or inspiration on what you're using/used for your something old, new, borrowed and blue!

Your mothers pearls? A six-pence? The ring your grandpa gave your grandma? Blue shoes? New earrings? (I consider my dress my something new lol)

blueshoesOld, new, borrowed, blue? 1

sixpenceOld, new, borrowed, blue? 2

Show me what you're thinking!

33 Comments

• Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

I don't have any pictures, but plan to borrow my mom's locket and put pictures of my deceased grandparents in it and wrap it around my bouquet as my something old and borrowed. My dress, veil, and jewelry will be my something new. Still trying to figure out my something blue though. I know it won't be my shoes, and more than likely won't be my garter...so I am stuck on that one.

• Summerbride77
    VIP July 2019
    Summerbride77 ·
    • Flag
    I don’t have pictures but we discovered a little blue bow sewn on the insider of my grandmother dress I’m taking it and having it sewn into by dress to be my something blue. For old and borrowed I’ll probably raid my mom’s jewelry. There is so much between her and my grandmother’s collection!
  • Gonnabeaburch
    Super July 2019
    Gonnabeaburch ·
    • Flag
    I decided to center the whole tradition around my shoes. My shoes will be my something new. I haven't decided which ones I will wear, but if it's the boots I plan to replace the laces with blue ribbon for my something blue, if its the other pair, I will wear the ribbon around my ankle. The sixpense I ordered is from 1949 (which is the year my grandparents got married) so it will be my something old too. I'm just missing something borrowed, which I'm still not sure about.

Old, new, borrowed, blue? 3

Old, new, borrowed, blue? 4

Old, new, borrowed, blue? 5
  • M
    Dedicated November 2019
    Madison ·
    • Flag
    My dress is my something new, my shoes have blue lining on the inside, and I’m wearing my mom’s wedding earrings as my something old/ borrowed!
  • Porterpoppin
    VIP March 2019
    Porterpoppin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Good idea with the locket and a wonderful way to honor your loved ones! I think blue shoes are cute but not for my wedding day lol. I have blue flowers in my bouquet and the guys are wearing midnight blue tuxes
  • Porterpoppin
    VIP March 2019
    Porterpoppin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Aww I love that!! Such a sentimental piece to have! I have my great grandmothers jewelry box so I’ll probably choose a piece from her box
  • Kristen
    VIP April 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

Old - Grandmother's engagement ring (I don't have a picture)

New - My dress

Allure 2716Old, new, borrowed, blue? 6

Blue- Nail polish

Zoya-KristenOld, new, borrowed, blue? 7

Borrowed - my bouquet

Something borrowed blooms- CharlotteOld, new, borrowed, blue? 8

My mom has a sixpence that she said I could put in my shoe, I wasn't aware of that part until she told me

• ashley
    Dedicated August 2019
    ashley ·
    • Flag

Old is my FH's great grandmother's engagement ring. Its the ring he proposed to me with, so we are going to incorporate it into the wedding day.

New is my dress and accessories.

Melissa Sweet DressOld, new, borrowed, blue? 9

Borrowed is my mom's pearls from her wedding.

Blue will be my garter which has a little blue bow and a charm that will hang from it.

garterOld, new, borrowed, blue? 10

• Danielle
    Devoted April 2020
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    Veil- something blue
    Dress- something new
    Old and borrowed is still getting worked out lol

Old, new, borrowed, blue? 11

Old, new, borrowed, blue? 12
  • Alexis
    Dedicated April 2020
    Alexis ·
    • Flag
    My something blue will be peek a boo blue under my nails

Old, new, borrowed, blue? 13
  • Felicia
    Dedicated April 2019
    Felicia ·
    • Flag
    My something new is my tiara, something old a gold F pendant my grandmother who passed away gave me, something blue will be a garter, and something borrowed still trying to decide. Also want to find a six pence
  • Porterpoppin
    VIP March 2019
    Porterpoppin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Love the boots!! do you already have your dress? I'd love to see how that will look together!

• Porterpoppin
    VIP March 2019
    Porterpoppin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh smart with the shoe lining being blue!! do you have a pic of your shoes? maybe I'll look for something like that!

• Gonnabeaburch
    Super July 2019
    Gonnabeaburch ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I do! It's diamond white with clear, white, and black beading on the bodice and near my feet.

Old, new, borrowed, blue? 14

Old, new, borrowed, blue? 15

Old, new, borrowed, blue? 16
  • Porterpoppin
    VIP March 2019
    Porterpoppin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I absolutely love your dress!!! I'm wearing an Allure dress as well Smiley smile

Good idea with the nails! ooh maybe I can get a blue pedicure! I honestly hadn't heard of the sixpence till WeddingWire lol

• Porterpoppin
    VIP March 2019
    Porterpoppin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Nice!! I bet it's a beautiful ring! My grandmother gave each of her granddaughters one of her rings (there's only 4 of us), I got her opal birthstone ring and my oldest cousin got her wedding ring!

Beautiful dress! That neckline is the perfect amount of sexy!

I have my moms pearls too! The first set of pearls my dad bought her and I'm considering wearing those.

That bow is the perfect hint of blue Smiley smile

• A
    Master October 2019
    Angelena ·
    • Flag

I really wanna do blue nail polish. Am strongly considering especially for my fall wedding! As far something new that's pretty much anything lol I will be getting new cowgirl boots. Idk if I will do something borrowed. I can ask my mom!

• M
    Dedicated November 2019
    Madison ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Kinda hard to see in the picture, but it’s baby blue! They are Kate Spade Keds.

Old, new, borrowed, blue? 17
  • Grace
    Super May 2019
    Grace ·
    • Flag
    Old: My mother's wedding shoes
    New: My dress, veil, and earrings
    Borrowed: My mother's diamond necklace
    Blue: My garter
  • Porterpoppin
    VIP March 2019
    Porterpoppin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yaaas! I think the strappy heels would be cute but the boots seem like they would go with your personality and be very unique, especially with the black beading!!

Comment on this discussion