A.Magill.Since.May
Master May 2018

Nothing left to do two days from the wedding

A.Magill.Since.May, on May 16, 2018 at 8:55 PM Posted in Planning 0 16
Saved Save
I feel like I'm missing something important, because I'm two days from the wedding and we're basically done with everything other than picking up our attire and getting my nails done until it's time to set up the parish hall for the reception on Friday afternoon.
I can't think about anything but the wedding with it being so close. Now that I might just have to sit and wait, IDK what to do with myself!!

16 Comments

• Yahaira
    Devoted November 2018
    Yahaira
    • Flag
    Congrats! I still have until November, can鈥檛 really advise on what to do 馃槃. But am happy to hear that you鈥檙e done with the planning, enjoy your wedding day!
  • Catjam
    Expert October 2018
    Catjam
    • Flag
    You did good... relax and enjoy!!!!
  • J
    Super June 2019
    JuneBride
    • Flag
    Just sit back and relax. Congrats! Don't forget to enjoy every minute of your special day.
  • Roshelle
    Dedicated October 2020
    Roshelle
    • Flag
    I think I figured out what you鈥檙e forgetting 馃. The relaxing part lol 馃槀. Maybe write in a journal, tweet if you use Twitter, or maybe drink some tea.
  • A.Magill.Since.May
    Master May 2018
    A.Magill.Since.May
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm trying hard to relax, but it's not working very much! I'm so excited and nervous and so ready for the weekend to be here.
  • Tanya
    Expert May 2018
    Tanya
    • Flag

Breathe and enjoy the lull before the festivities. The fact you have two days to relax means you are spot on with your planning so as not to be stressed. You did good and I'm proud of you! Smiley heart

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn
    • Flag

Do you have your day of necessities packed? If so, go get a massage! You deserve to be pampered before the big day, and I've read that a massage can help with your posture for pictures!

• MrsPreach2018
    Master August 2018
    MrsPreach2018
    • Flag
    Great job with planning!!! Try to relax and enjoy the time.
  • OnCloudRawls
    VIP June 2019
    OnCloudRawls
    • Flag
    Congratulations and you have done an amazing job!!!
  • Mrs. G
    Devoted April 2019
    Mrs. G
    • Flag
    Congratulations!! Use this time to relax and enjoy the moment!
  • T
    Dedicated November 2018
    Tatyana
    • Flag
    If you feel like you're missing something definitely go over your check lists and to do lists other than that relax and enjoy your time.
  • Alexis
    Dedicated May 2018
    Alexis
    • Flag
    I am having the same issue! Although I鈥檓 still 9 days away!!! I can鈥檛 sleep cause I keep trying to think up something to do with myself!
  • R
    Savvy May 2018
    Rachel
    • Flag

I'm 10 days away and here are the things on my list:

-Put gratuities in envelopes to give out that day

-Write my FH a card and wrap his gift

-Send an e-mail to my maitre 'd with seating chart, final guest count

-Drop off decor at the venue with instructions on how to put everything together

-Eyebrows waxed/nails/etc.

-Get my engagement ring cleaned

-Pick up wedding attire

-PACK!

-Also might print out some schedules for the day of and phone numbers of vendors to keep on hand

CONGRATS!

• Meet_The_Clarks
    VIP June 2018
    Meet_The_Clarks
    • Flag

I'm not quite there yet myself, but I'm right behind you. We are have basically 3 weeks left. Nothing to do is a good thing. Make sure everything is packed and ready to go to your venue. Try and practice self care..other than getting nails/eyebrows/etc. Enjoy the RD if you're having one! Most importantly CONGRATS!!!!!! Enjoy your day tomorrow!

• T
    Super December 2018
    T P
    • Flag
    Congratulations! How exciting to be so near your wedding day! This is an excellent opportunity for you to relax and reflect on the joy to come. I encourage you to meditate, perform an activity you love, or even just catch up on a few winks with a nap. If you are still concerned that you have missed something, consider using the checklist that is accessible through this site. I have found it to be quite thorough. Best of luck!
  • Kristina
    Master August 2018
    Kristina
    • Flag

This is what most brides are hoping for that close to the wedding! I'm hoping 2 days out I'll just have the rehearsal and my nails to worry about! I feel like I'm on the right track for that to happen, but we'll see!

Congrats! Enjoy the excitement instead of stress!!!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics