B
VIP April 2016

Not bridesmaids, but want to do something special

bridetobe, on October 22, 2015 at 12:06 AM Posted in Planning 0 5
Saved Save

I have two friends who I have became best friends with recently. They're not bridesmaids but I want them to be a special part in my wedding. Any ideas of what they can do? Not a toast. I was thinking maybe have them come to my room while I'm getting married and have mimosas or something. Not sure, any ideas??

5 Comments

• Waychox3
    Master September 2016
    Waychox3 ·
    • Flag

Maybe a shared reading during the ceremony? It might make them feel out of place or in the way to be there when you're getting ready, especially if you will have your bridesmaids with you. Or worse if you only have your MOH with you and invite them to your room you could upset your bridesmaids. If you give them an actual role in the ceremony they could get ready with you and your girls and just be a part of the whole shebang.

• Happy In Hawaii
    Master July 2015
    Happy In Hawaii ·
    • Flag

I had two girls who I had as greeters. They wore matching dresses, they got ready with us, went to the bachelorette party and the rehearsal dinner, and they walked down the aisle together and sat in the front row. They basically were like ushers, they handed out programs and leis, told people where they could go to get some water or sign the guest book, etc. It was really nice having them there for me and they really are the type of people that love to help out. So it was perfect for everyone. I got them a gift still too but slightly different from the bridesmaids. Maybe something like that could work, or you could do like Rachel suggested and have a reading.

• Tara
    Devoted November 2015
    Tara ·
    • Flag

I would say if you want them there when your getting ready then invite them. I have a few add in for the morning of because they are people that I wanted to share the day with. Doing a reading is and option if you would like to include them in the ceremony aspect. You can also include them the week before when you get your nails done or just set aside time for pictures with them on the day of!

• Sarah195
    Master October 2016
    Sarah195 ·
    • Flag

I have a friend who declined being a bridesmaid (it was really hurtful but I got over it) and she said she would get ready with me and the BM'S in the bridal suite so that'll be nice. If your other BM's don't mind have them join you.

• Soon2bMrsSoyka
    Super April 2016
    Soon2bMrsSoyka ·
    • Flag

I am in the same situation. I was actually thinking of asking them to go with me when my dress comes in. All my BM and mom was there when I said yes to the dress and my 1 friend (not a BM) is letting me borrow her tiara so I thought when I try my dress on I would ask her to go with me

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics