Katie L
Expert June 2013

Macy's Bridal Registry....Discontinued??

Katie L, on April 18, 2013 at 6:26 PM Posted in Planning 0 38
Saved Save

Any other brides registered at Macy have had or are having this issue with their Macy's registry?

About 85% of my items are showing that they will be discontinued soon. Hoping it's a glitch in their site and it'll be resolved by tomorrow.

Just curious if anyone had this happen in the past and if it just right now or a reoccurring issue.

38 Comments

• MJ
    Master June 2013
    MJ ·
    • Flag

No problem with daughters. Then again she does not have much on it.

• Heather
    Devoted July 2013
    Heather ·
    • Flag

Oh my gosh, mine too!! I don't know what to do. I clicked on their "Online Chat", but it said no one was available. Keep me posted on what yours is doing. Sad Smiley sad

• Katie L
    Expert June 2013
    Katie L ·
    • Flag

Will do Heather. I'm really really really crossing my fingers for a glitch. MJ: Thanks for letting us know, I'm glad your daughter's registry isn't showing any issues.

• Lirana
    VIP October 2013
    Lirana ·
    • Flag

From what I've read (we don't have any registries set up yet), you're supposed to check your registry every few weeks because stuff apparently gets discontinued ALL THE TIME. Sounds really annoying if you ask me...

• Katie L
    Expert June 2013
    Katie L ·
    • Flag

Grrrr.... Yeah I keep a pretty tight eye on it because my shower is in 2 weeks. This is the first I've seen this happen. I was just questioning a glitch because 85% of my list is marked. That seems unreal!

• Ashley
    VIP May 2013
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

I think Macy's is having a glitch in their registry systems because all of our items are being discontinued and FMIL works there, so she would let us know if it was everything lol

• Heather
    Devoted July 2013
    Heather ·
    • Flag

So I have some bad news...I stopped by Macy's after work, and spoke with the registry gal. Yup, they are having a major inventory change throughout most Macy's. she strongly recommended me choosing some...quite a few!...new items. Boooo Smiley sad

• *Mrs.Snyder
    Super November 2013
    *Mrs.Snyder ·
    • Flag

Wow me to everything I mean everything on our registry has been discontinued FH is not going to be happy since we has to wait an hour just to register wow that suck badly

• Chrissy
    Expert June 2014
    Chrissy ·
    • Flag

I work in retail and yes, it's very possible that things are starting to be discontinued for new fall products. My company is more seasonal, so this is more common, but when I was talking to the girls at Macy's she said bedding and summer decor could very well be discontinued.

• Joanna G
    VIP October 2013
    Joanna G ·
    • Flag

I noticed this today too Smiley sad looks like we will be updating our registry too. It does sick since we really liked what we picked out. My shower is June 23... So a little over 2 months away. I wonder if we should wait?

• Maggie N
    Master August 2013
    Maggie N ·
    • Flag

Holy mother.... Your post made me check our registry and majority of it is discontinued now too. Omg, SOOOOO mad!!!!

• Tatiana
    VIP September 2013
    Tatiana ·
    • Flag

Just checked mine. EVERYTHING...including simple things like a kuerig and kitchen aid mixer are going to be discontinued...really?

Anyway. I went with Macy's because they had a dish set I liked. And I liked the rewards program. Without the dishes, I could easily be talked into another store. So frustrating to deal with this right now, so sorry for those who are much closer to their wedding/shower!

• Megan
    Expert July 2013
    Megan ·
    • Flag

GEEEES OH! I saw your post so logged into mine, and literally, every single thing I registered for is discontinuing, except the dang godiva chocolate bars my FH scanned when I wasn't looking! I've already spent a few hours doing all of that because my shower is next month! GRRRR

• Sarah
    Super October 2013
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

I just checked mine, I am freaking out. Like, freaking out. I am really upset and I hope sincerely its not true because our shower is June 29th and I am not sure FH and I will have the time and energy to go through this process AGAIN!! We just finished it!

• Sarah
    Super October 2013
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

I just checked mine, I am freaking out. Like, freaking out. I am really upset and I hope sincerely its not true because our shower is June 29th and I am not sure FH and I will have the time and energy to go through this process AGAIN!! We just finished it!

• Mrs.B
    VIP August 2013
    Mrs.B ·
    • Flag

I am having problems with it too. There is a contact us link on their site on the bottom right. I am going to contact them tomorrow! I just got my invites finalized too!

I couldn't add any items to mine, it kept saying its wasn't added because its not available online, ugh!

• Glenda
    Master October 2013
    Glenda ·
    • Flag

I only have towels (different sizes and colors) and a wooden salad bowl on my Macy's registry and all of them say "limited quantities." I can't imagine that they are basically getting rid of ALL of their merch...

• Maggie N
    Master August 2013
    Maggie N ·
    • Flag

Here's a question though!!! I went to replace an item (are y'all getting the thing saying "select a replacement item" or whatever?) and started with my serving bowls from my china pattern, but their normal site says it is still available. I'm so confused!!

• Micachoo
    Super May 2013
    Micachoo ·
    • Flag

O

M

G

My shower and wedding are both next month, so people are in the purchasing mood. What the f?! So annoying

• Sarah
    Super October 2013
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

Maggie, I am hoping it is a glitch, same thing happened to me. Also, my kitchenaid is getting 'discontinued' and I doubttttttttttttttt thats legit.

Comment on this discussion