Stephanie
Devoted July 2018

KWR: Orange theory fitness etc.

Stephanie, on Nov 28, 2017 at 1:29 PM Posted in Fitness and Health

I'm trying to get in shape for the wedding and for me! I love group classes when I can actually motivate myself to go haha. I've done pure barre and flywheel because they both have studios by FH's apartment so it's convenient when I stay with him but that's not all the time. I technically live with my parents and they don't have those studios by them, but they do have an orange theory. I've taken a free class once before so I know if I can get used to doing the hard work out it will probably be super beneficial for me with losing weight/toning up and convenience. Can anyone who does orange theory tell me how you like it and your experience? I know it's a lot of money, is it really worth it? Thanks

Share:

9 Comments

• E
    Just Said Yes June 2018
    Erin ·

I did orangetheory for almost 2 years and I loved it. It was always a good workout and if I scheduled a workout, I went. If you cancel less than 8 hours in advance they still charge you for a class so it helps not to give yourself last minute excuses. I quit going a few months ago but only because my work schedule got crazy busy and unpredictable so it was too hard to get to the scheduled classes.

• Laura
    Devoted August 2018
    Laura ·

I do OTF and I love it. It is expensive and the booking system can sometimes be a pain when you have a hectic schedule and can't always cancel 8 hours in advance. But it is a kick ass workout and the energy of the studio always makes me work harder than I would on my own!

I also love that I can go to any studio, so less excuses when traveling, etc.

• HufflePuffin
    Devoted June 2018
    HufflePuffin ·

I used to go to orange theory twice a week last fall. I loved it! The work outs were great. I really liked being able to see my heart rate and push myself to the next color. Also, since you switch between the rowers, treadmill, and weights during the hour, it keeps it interesting. Plus, our local OTF is super busy and hard to find time to reschedule class if you miss...so I was very motivated not to miss a workout.

However, I stopped going after 3 months because it was just too spendy for me. And since I'm a runner (which is free after the cost of shoes), I just couldn't justify the expense.

• EM
    Master April 2017
    EM ·

I've been looking in to OT, but I can't find anything online saying how much it actually costs, just that it's expensive.

Can anyone enlighten me? Lol

• LillyBean17
    Master October 2017
    LillyBean17 ·

For the record, round (specifically a circle) is a shape.

• Stephanie
    Devoted July 2018
    Stephanie ·

Thank you all! This really helps!

• Laura
    Devoted August 2018
    Laura ·

Each studio has slightly different prices, depending where you are. I am in the Los Angeles area and prices are about $20-$30 a month more thanOG Alecia stated.

• Bride2Be2018
    VIP January 2018
    Bride2Be2018 ·

I started in April and it has really changed my body. I currently go 3-4 times a week along with a yoga class almost every week. I'm pretty sure I'm in better shape than ever, including when I played high school sports. I LOVE it. I do go to the Fort Lauderdale studio and we have amazing trainers there. I got a little too intense about sprinting on the uphill runs at the beginning and started having knee pain(which has never been an issue) . Luckily being an OT I realized I pushed myself too hard, took a week off, and went back. I asked the trainers about it and they suggested I only increase my speed when they say to increase my inclines. Just make sure you listen to your body and talk to your trainer if anything feels off. It's not like Crossfit or other workouts where your concern is going to be clean and snatches with too high a weight with potentially improper form. Just a little fair warning to take it easy at first instead of my dumb ass who goes balls to the wall right away. Anyways, 7 months later and I do everything, except I still don't do inclines and have a max speed I don't go above and I am fine. I go 2 days on, and 1 day off. I am never bored because the classes are always different. You get to try a free introductory class so you should at least check that out!

ETA: The prices here are the same as @OGAlecia stated

• EM
    Master April 2017
    EM ·

Holy cow that's alot!

I'm in SF so I imagine mine will be closer to Laura's pricing.

Comment on this discussion