Rachel
Dedicated May 2014

Is it just me or other brides to be too?

Rachel, on July 13, 2013 at 7:33 PM Posted in Planning 0 20
Saved Save

Is it just me or others too that just seem not to be all overly stressed out about my wedding??? Should I be stressed out or no? I'm just so confused right now. I had a talk with my mom and she seems to think I should be stressed out due to the fact that we haven't really spent money on the wedding in months (wedding is next year didn't see the point in buying things for it a year out in case something got broke or I changed my mind). I don't normally get stressed about things but a wedding is one thing most of my family think that I should get stressed out with. Will I end up getting stressed out when the time comes closer or am I just one in a few that whatever happens happens? I know this last question isn't one most can answer for me it just there for me to think about haha.

20 Comments

• ForeverMyLove
    Master December 2014
    ForeverMyLove ·

I'm not stressed either, but that could be because I am not getting married until late next year. Ask me again come October 2014.

• Trena
    Master July 2013
    Trena ·

I'm a week away and not stressed. It's stupid that people think brides have to be these stressed out crazy people. Just plan effectively and within your means, and there's no problem

• Mrs. A. Fernandez
    Master August 2014
    Mrs. A. Fernandez ·

I am hoping that stress is a non factor. I don't wish that on anyone.

• Jules
    Master January 2014
    Jules ·

Under six months to go and I'm still not stressed.

• Mrs2B
    VIP September 2016
    Mrs2B ·

I'm stressed and I'm almost two years away! But it's more about the fact that I just want my day to go OUR way, and not have anyone or anything ruin it.

That makes me sound like a total Bridezilla! LOL

• MegRyan24
    Savvy September 2013
    MegRyan24 ·

I've got about 2.5 months left. Had an 18 month engagement when all is said and done and I haven't been stressed out once. The nice thing about a long engagement is that you've got plenty of time to do everything that needs to be done and to set money aside for the wedding. I've enjoyed every aspect so far with the wedding and its my stress reliever from work and grad school lol

• Caroline L.
    Expert July 2013
    Caroline L. ·

I'm two weeks out and not stressed, just excited for the day to be here!

• Nicole S. (formerly Nicole C)
    Master October 2013
    Nicole S. (formerly Nicole C) ·

To be honest- I wasn't stressed for a LONG time. And seriously, I wouldn't BE stressed if other people didn't cause me to want to lose my hair.

I blame family members going crazy and getting overly excited and injecting their opinions where they aren't asked.

• soon to be Mrs. M
    Expert May 2014
    soon to be Mrs. M ·

I tend to stress about the details but don't freak out over them. I started right away which has been allowing me to do things slowly so I don't need to stress. My wedding is at the end of May and we are way ahead of schedule. I find buying a small item or 2 with each paycheck is keeping me calm cuz I know I won't need to put out tons of money all at once

• Renee2014
    Super April 2014
    Renee2014 ·

We are 9 months out. I am not really stressed either. I feel I get to do things when I feel like it but still get to be ahead of schedule. I can honestly say I am enjoying the planning process! I am typically a person with a high level of anxiety also!

• Chrissy
    Expert June 2014
    Chrissy ·

I've had my moments, but overall I'm good. I had a major wake up in the form of a meltdown when we canceled everything and moved the wedding to our home state. After that, all I care about is marrying my FH. It'll all get worked out.

• Capt&MrsMatey =)
    Expert August 2013
    Capt&MrsMatey =) ·

Not really stressed 33 days out, but I'm starting to get super-focused on getting shit done in enuf time. No real stress tho, if something goes wrong, it happens

• Eugenia
    Dedicated June 2014
    Eugenia ·

I"m not stressing out because I have a year too. I think moms and friends get easily stressed when we don't share info all the time - something I am very guilty of!

But at the end of the day no stress is better than stress!

• WasSoon2Bmrs
    Expert July 2014
    WasSoon2Bmrs ·

I'm almost a yr out and I'm totally stressed : <

• Lillian
    VIP November 2013
    Lillian ·

Okay I've always been the type not to stress over the little things or things beyond my control. But as my wedding date gets closer and closer. Im starting to stress. I mean over a lot of bs! I thinks it takes a toll on every bride eventually.

• Mrs G
    Super October 2013
    Mrs G ·

82 days to go and I'm FAR from stressed. I had a minor stressed out moment a few days ago about the guest list...but otherwise I'm not even close to being stressed. Enjoy it! :]

• Shannon A
    Master May 2014
    Shannon A ·

The only thing I'm stressed about is waiting for FH's deployment schedule to see if we can actually keep our date. everything else, even things that aren't going exactly as planned, doesn't really stress me out.

• kahlcara
    Master August 2013
    kahlcara ·

I'm not super stressed out, just focused on staying on schedule with everything.. most of the actual stress is related to family dynamics (ie FILs trying to add 40 people to the guest list). I think my mom's more stressed out than I am over details.

• Forever (a) Young
    Expert September 2012
    Forever (a) Young ·

Every bride's different. There were periods of our planning process that were really stressful, but honestly, a lot of it was, well, it was work, and planning, but it wasn't freaking-out stressful.

• Mrs. C
    VIP September 2013
    Mrs. C ·

Your wedding is 10 months away...trust me, it will happen when the date gets closer

Comment on this discussion