Jill
Expert June 2014

I could use some support.

Jill, on June 4, 2014 at 2:48 PM Posted in Planning 0 22
Saved Save

I am so stressed out. My hands keep going numb!? Why?! I can't eat, sleep, think, or work properly. How do people make it through these last few weeks without losing their minds?

This is not fun.

22 Comments

• Gamecock Mrs.
    Master October 2014
    Gamecock Mrs. ·
    • Flag

Can you go for a walk for about thirty minutes. It's pretty good therapy. Walk fast until you aren't upset or nervous or stressed anymore.

Jill Duggar is getting married the same day as you! Yes, I totally watched last night, and don't care who knows it!

• Nattybug2010
    Devoted October 2014
    Nattybug2010 ·
    • Flag

Try to take a deep breath first of all. Your special day is almost here and it will be perfect and you'll be married to your man! Treat yourself to something special. It could be a night out with your best friend, even if it's something simple such as going to eat dessert or grabbing a small drink! My favorite way to relieve stress and calm me down is yoga. And if you're not into that option, give yourself a mani/pedi or a facial. Take a hot bubble bath. Do something you know will help you relax.

• Jill
    Expert June 2014
    Jill ·
    • Flag

Gamecox - you mean this Jill Duggar? http://www.theknot.com/wedding/Jill-and-Derick

Natty - I haven't done yoga in forever but that's probably a good idea. It's just so much to remember at this point and everyone always relies on me to be the chill one. Very difficult.

• Sharon
    Dedicated June 2014
    Sharon ·
    • Flag

I share in you anxiety! I fell like I'm getting nothing done that needs to be done! Your wedding will be beautiful!

• Samantha
    VIP August 2014
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

@Jill yes that Jill Duggar

@Gamecox I love that show!!

• K
    Master May 2014
    KT ·
    • Flag

Try to have a date night with just you and FH and do not talk about the wedding at all! Do something fun to take your mind off of all that's happening right now, like mini golf, or the movies or something like that!

I love 19 Kids and Counting and totally watched last night!

• Riki
    Master August 2014
    Riki ·
    • Flag

Medication???

• MichiganBride104
    VIP October 2014
    MichiganBride104 ·
    • Flag

Turn on some music girl! Dance it out! And Gamecox, I watch it too. I don't judge. Lol.

• We'llAlwaysHaveParis
    Master November 2013
    We'llAlwaysHaveParis ·
    • Flag

This is supposed to be fun and exciting.

What exactly is stressing you out? If you can eliminate it, do it.

Newsflash - your wedding day will not be the biggest day of your life. If it was, why would any of us go on.

• Barbara
    Master September 2014
    Barbara ·
    • Flag

I can't imagine how stressed out you feel right now. I'm still 3 months out and I feel so overwhelmed!

Is there anything I can help with? Any errands you need done?

PS-- thank you for stalking their wedding website!! That should provide at least 30 minutes of entertainment Smiley smile

• Samantha
    VIP August 2014
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

Have FH give you a massage and play soothing music

• Suzi
    Master June 2014
    Suzi ·
    • Flag

Oh my Jill!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!!! Deep breaths!! We got this!

• Jill
    Expert June 2014
    Jill ·
    • Flag

I think it's mostly that everyone is looking to me for their calm. My FMIL is emailing non stop, my mom, my sister. No one actually lives here either so I have to make sure to organize all their travel to and from the plane/train. I guess I am just used to having everything in check and there are like 20+ things here that I cannot control. I can usually let go of 3 or 4 but 20? It's hard.

• Suzi
    Master June 2014
    Suzi ·
    • Flag

I read that comment just as my FMIL called me, and it made my head spin. Holy cow!!!!

• Kate
    Master May 2012
    Kate ·
    • Flag

I don't actually know how to do yoga, but I have found it to be very helpful in relieving stress to stretch and breathe. You could try that! People rely on me for strength and calm too (although not so much about wedding stuff, since I'm still a few months out) and I have to remind myself sometimes that I'm just human and not strong enough to do it all on my own. Give yourself some slack! Smiley smile Hope you can relax and just look forward to your big day!

• Jill
    Expert June 2014
    Jill ·
    • Flag

You guys are incredibly sweet. Sometimes just reading supportive words helps so much!

• Alison
    Devoted September 2015
    Alison ·
    • Flag

I'm three months out and I've been feeling overwhelmed too. Not quite as bad as you, but I completely understand.

*Hugs!* It will be okay.

I've been dealing with wedding (with arguments), health issues, and I just had to take a leave of absence from my job (due to health issues).

What works for me is making lists, breaking everything down into as small a piece as I can and trying to cross things off the lists. It's a lot, but that's why we come here, for support.

• Barbara
    Master September 2014
    Barbara ·
    • Flag

I feel like they should realize how inappropriate it is for them to be relying on you for these last minute logistical details Smiley sad Is there anyone else who can serve as point person for out of towners' questions? Could FH at least handle his side??

• Jill
    Expert June 2014
    Jill ·
    • Flag

I have a much more relaxed work environment and can take off the Wed-Fri before the wedding (Sat). My FH will probably have to work up through the rehearsal dinner. He is super laid back and chill though and helps me a lot.

• ItsGoodToBeKing
    Master February 2014
    ItsGoodToBeKing ·
    • Flag

I became an alcoholic and a regular at our local liquor store.

seriously, it just frikkin sucks but it will pass and you'll hardly remember this time at all.

Comment on this discussion