Kelly
Legend October 2022

I can do anything better than you!

Kelly, on July 24, 2018 at 11:05 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 85
Saved Save

Who in your dynamic duo is the one who always thinks they are better? Take a look at these five popular couple competitions and let us know who is better, you or your partner?

1) Better at housekeeping?

2) Better at choosing restaurants?

3) Better at remembering birthdays?

4) Better with remembering names?

5) Better at trivia?

giphy.webp

Want to see more? Check out the other five couple competitions at anything you can do I can do better!

85 Comments

• Munchkin9218
    Master September 2018
    Munchkin9218
    • Flag

I don't know about anyone else but I personally would hate to make anything competitive or score keeping between my FH and myself as that just seems to breed resentment. We try to split things up equally as we are a partnership and not in competition, and we try to do it base on what each of us prefers to do and not who does it better. I tend to handle the dishes, and FH does all the yardwork, I fold and put away the laundry - he handles dealing with our landlord, and mopping and sweeping the floors. We both handle washing the clothes. ETC.

Also the birthdays and names are just general things some people just tend to handle better than others. I'm pretty good at remembering names but we are both terrible at remembering birthdays.

I don't think anything in a relationship should be looked at competitively - its about being equals and finding what each persons strengths and weakness are and so learning how to live together while everyone does their fair share.

• Jessica
    VIP October 2018
    Jessica
    • Flag
    FH and I equally suck at human being:

We're both lazy so none 馃槀 also we have TONS of stuff that we need to get rid of and never do.

FH. I usually tell him what I DONT wanna eat and he pics the place.

Me hands down. No question. Ill make sure everyone remembers my birthday two months out as well 馃槀

FH. I cant remember people and names and faces.

5) Better at trivia?

Nah. We suck at trivia.
  • KarenO
    Master June 2018
    KarenO
    • Flag

1) Better at housekeeping? H. He's former army so is a bit of a neat freak.

2) Better at choosing restaurants? Both. We're generally on the same page for this one.

3) Better at remembering birthdays? Me. It helps that FB has reminders though.

4) Better with remembering names? Me. But, I need "notes" on my phone to help me do so. He's better at remembering faces though.

5) Better at trivia? Me, except for some sports. I play bar trivia weekly and sometimes surprise myself at what I know.

• Jennifer
    Master September 2018
    Jennifer
    • Flag

1) Better at housekeeping? Def ME -

2) Better at choosing restaurants? Him without a doubt!

3) Better at remembering birthdays? Me

4) Better with remembering names? Me - he had a concussion years ago and he cant remember anything!

5) Better at trivia? Depends, I am better at pop culture his better at things like history/science.

• kymarmck
    Super March 2020
    kymarmck
    • Flag

He's better at keeping up on it and I'm better at what I call "binge" cleaning. (Which usually happens at 10pm where I get the sudden urge to deep clean the kitchen, sweep and mop, vacuum, etc. lol)

Him, 100%. I'm so indecisive.

We're both equally bad haha. For the first year of our relationship I thought his birthday was January 21st when really it's January 20th! Oops!

I would have to say me. Especially with my family. For whatever reason, he has a hard time with my cousins!

5) Better at trivia?

Hands down, him. Sometimes he's like a human Google! Haha.

• Shinee
    Expert September 2018
    Shinee
    • Flag

Housekeeping: him, lol. I'm so lazy when it comes to wanting to keep the house clean. He gets triggered very easily so then we'll take a weekend to just clean around the house together.

Choosing restaurants: neither. I feel like we're always colliding when trying to decide on a restaurant. Usually he'll say "somewhere cheap or fast-food" but then I'm feeling more of a sit-down restaurant which usually is more expensive, lol. So sometimes one of us will just sigh and give in.

Remembering birthdays: Absolutely me. For whatever reason, I have a great memory when it comes to remembering birthdays or any special date. I usually keep us on track when having to send out birthday cards and such.

Remembering names: I think we both are kinda sucky at this time but if anything, I might be a little bit better, lol.

Better at trivia: I guess it depends on the subject? He's super smart in the sciences and math whereas I would win at pop culture. I think we would tie in sports.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie
    • Flag

hahah me and my husband turn everything into a competition! We've even done fantasy drafts for shows we watch together just to have a side bet going with each other while watching tv! 馃き

Better at housekeeping: Me hands down! My husband is terrible at picking up after himself and needs a lot of "loving nudging"

Better at choosing restaurants: Oh man we're both really bad, but I guess I'd say my husband is a little better. We waste way too much time playing the "where should we eat" game!

Better at remembering birthdays: Him!

Better with remembering names: We're both pretty good, I'd say it's a tie

Better at trivia: Him by a mile! He's annoyingly good at trivia and I'm astoundingly awful! Smiley shame

• BB-H
    VIP September 2018
    BB-H
    • Flag

While we both pick up the slack for the other from time to time, there are definitely some things that one or the other is usually quicker or better at.

1) Better at housekeeping? FH keeps things neater than I do usually. I'm a "one big clean" type of person and he's a "pick up as you go" person.

2) Better at choosing restaurants? We're both awful at picking something, but we're getting better at just making a decision.

3) Better at remembering birthdays? We're pretty even on this. Although our first year I did think his birthday was a week later than it actually was for some reason.

4) Better with remembering names? In general, I have difficult putting a face with a name or vice versa. But he'll never remember any of my coworkers names no matter how many stories I tell, so it never matters anyway.

5) Better at trivia? I've always had a good memory for silly little things, so me? maybe? but nothing that will help us if we ever go to a trivia night.

• April
    Super November 2018
    April
    • Flag

Hahaha... I love this! My Fiance and I are super competitive people. He is so sweet though, he doesn't get competitive with me but I am CONSTANTLY trying to beat him at things. Even if I am not competing against him, I am cheering someone else on to beat him. I think it is because he is so good at things that it makes me mad. LOL, I told you I am competitive.

I am definitely better at housekeeping and choosing a restaurant... Remembering birthdays might be a tie and the trivia just depends on the type of questions. But I rely on him 1000% to remember names. LOL

• Summer
    Super August 2018
    Summer
    • Flag

1) Better at housekeeping? He's better at being neat and clean in general. But he does almost all of the outside chores so I try to keep up with most of the inside stuff and keep it clean!

2) Better at choosing restaurants? He is much more decisive...but I choose better restaurants Smiley tongue

3) Better at remembering birthdays? I don't know that either of us have had an issue remembering birthdays since we've been together...we'll see!

4) Better with remembering names? Him. I'm terrible at this.

5) Better at trivia? I think we're about even.

• Kelly
    Legend October 2022
    Kelly
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I'm the same way, I'll drop my birthday in conversation just casually like "Oh yeah mine's in November!", LOL!

• Kelly
    Legend October 2022
    Kelly
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That happens to me when I go to trivia nights, too! I'm always like how do I know all of these facts?!

• Lacee
    Just Said Yes September 2019
    Lacee
    • Flag

1) Better at housekeeping? -- Me, but honestly -- we both suck!

2) Better at choosing restaurants? -- Me

3) Better at remembering birthdays? -- MEEE

4) Better with remembering names? -- Him

5) Better at trivia? -- Him, depending on the topic.

• Kelly
    Legend October 2022
    Kelly
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Sorry to hear about his concussion! I am on the same boat, I love pop culture but am not the best at science or sports!

• Kaleigh
    Savvy August 2019
    Kaleigh
    • Flag
    1) Better at house keeping? I鈥檇 easily say he鈥檚 better. He picks up as he goes. I clean in clusters 馃槀
    2)Better at choosing restaurants? That鈥檚 tough, he always makes me choose! But he always has better options when it comes down to it.
    3)Better at remembering birthdays? We鈥檙e both pretty good at that!
    4) Better at remembering names? For sure him! He鈥檚 a social butterfly and does that for a living.
    5)Better at trivia? He鈥檚 got me again at this one. He is so full of knowledge!
  • Stacy
    Devoted May 2021
    Stacy
    • Flag

1) Better at housekeeping? I am ...he's a scatter brain when keeping anything neat

2) Better at choosing restaurants? We don't really eat out much but when we do we usually pick new places

3) Better at remembering birthdays? We both rely on Facebook...lol

4) Better with remembering names? He is better with that

5) Better at trivia? I'm marrying Mr. Google...lol he knows everything

• A
    Beginner October 2019
    Allison
    • Flag
    Better at housekeeping....I am
    Better at choosing restaurants....I am
    Better at remembering birthdays... both of us
    Better at remembering names...both of us
    Better at trivia ....both of us
  • Kelly
    Legend October 2022
    Kelly
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I do the same thing, I'll get random urges to deep clean the entire house at the most random times! LOL, I'm sure it's good to have him on your trivia team then!

• Gipperkm
    Super September 2018
    Gipperkm
    • Flag

1) Better at housekeeping? We both suck at this big time. We finally bought a Roomba because we need help!!

2) Better at choosing restaurants? We suck at this too. He can never decide on anything and always wants me to pick the place and I want him to pick the place for once. It usually takes us an hour to decide. And I end up picking.

3) Better at remembering birthdays? Me for sure. One of the main reasons we picked our easy wedding date (9.9.18) is so he would remember our anniversary. 9.9 shouldn't be too hard, right?

4) Better with remembering names? We're both bad at this, but I think I'm a little better.

5) Better at trivia? I'll give him this one. But only because I already have two. Smiley xd

• K
    Just Said Yes July 2019
    Katherine
    • Flag

Me, but only because I know coming home to a clean house is important to him. Give a little to get a little.

Him! Always better at choosing food and trying something different

Me!

Him. He never forgets a face I can never remember people lol.

5) Better at trivia?

Me....if its disney trivia 馃槀馃槀

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics