Jessie
Devoted September 2020

Help picking a book!

Jessie, on May 7, 2019 at 4:08 PM Posted in Planning 0 8
Saved Save
Don't get me wrong. I LOVE this app. But I'd feel better having a hard copy to help keep track of things like vendor contact info and ideas. Have any of you ladies ever used either of these? I'm loving how detailed the first one is ($30) but the price of the knot book is hard to pass up ($18).

Help picking a book! 1

Help picking a book! 2

8 Comments

• Caytlyn
    Champion November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

I have The Knot's wedding planning binder. I print all of my contracts and keep them in there, along with any other useful information. I honestly could have saved the money and made my own binder as there's nothing in the book that you can't find on the internet, but you might find it more useful than me!

• Mandy
    VIP May 2019
    Mandy ·
    • Flag

I just kept track of everything in an Excel file. I made tabs for each "category" so I could personalize it as much as I needed. Delete, add, etc without me scratching stuff off a list. I print them off about once every week or two and put them in a binder.

Venue - any details like tables available, chairs, contact information, contract, etc

Budget + when things were ordered/delivered

To Do List

Registry Ideas

Thank You - so I know who bought us what and what day a card was sent

Invitation Ideas

Addresses/Guest List/who has RSVP'd

Contacts - anyone I've reached out to for a quote and their quote information

Timeline

Procession

Reception - list of things I need to bring like centerpieces and decor

Decor/Sign Ideas

Checklist of items to bring the day of

Colors/Flowers

Attire - what dresses the girls picked and what the guys will be wearing

ETC..

• Trista
    VIP September 2019
    Trista ·
    • Flag
    I use this app, I've got an excel document with 4 different sheets, and I have a paper notebook for lists and layouts. If you think the book would help you, I say go for it, but I am using all of my planning tools for free
  • ASMini914
    Super September 2019
    ASMini914 ·
    • Flag
    I have both of the books pictured. The first one is more of a binder for you to track things, the second is a book that can help you think through how to plan. Honestly I don’t really use either.

Ill probably fill fill out the binder to have as a keepsake, but I’ve been using the knot and WW checklists, google, these forums, and a growing Excel workbook that I’ve built.
  • C
    Super January 2020
    Cassie ·
    • Flag
    I bought the second one and looked through it when I first got engaged but haven’t used it since. Everything listed you can find on this website or others. Is suggest you just buy a regular binder with some pocket dividers to keep everything organized.
  • Brianna N
    Super October 2019
    Brianna N ·
    • Flag

I have The Knot planner book, and I don't use it as much as i'd like to but it is filled with tons of great advice, checklists, etc.

• Rachel
    Just Said Yes July 2019
    Rachel ·
    • Flag

Hey, I just finished reading that one on the top yesterday! Smiley xd Honestly, I thought it was just way too much information, and she said a lot of things were "required" (like welcome bags and party favors) that I didn't think were necessary. But if you like it, go for it! Smiley smile

• Victorian Bride
    VIP December 2019
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    I thought the Mindy Weiss book more helpful than The Knot book. I found the Knot more for inspiration. I also bought a Martha Stewart hardcover wedding book. It's beautiful.

Comment on this discussion