S
Dedicated August 2018

Guest List

Sondra, on July 17, 2018 at 9:25 AM Posted in Planning 0 7
Saved Save
So we're 19 days out and our guests were supposed to RSVP by Sunday. We seem to be missing responses from large groups so far. Our guest list was supposed to be 80 but we're only a little over 40. Is this normal?
My FH told me he'd start contacting people Wed about the lack of response, as all the people who haven't replied are from his side of the list...
Any advise would be great too.

7 Comments

• KiwiDerbyBride
    VIP May 2015
    KiwiDerbyBride ·
    • Flag
    People are terrible at RSVPing. Contact them and don’t take ‘maybe’ for an answer because people will try that. The answer to that is ‘I’m afraid we need definite numbers, so if you aren’t sure then we’ll have to put you down as a no.’
  • N
    Savvy September 2018
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    On the RSVP I put to respond by the end of July since our wedding is in sept and we told everybody the date back in April. FH and I agreed anyone who does not get back to us by the end of the month will not be in attendance, obviously if it’s someone we really truly need to have there he has already reached out and contacted them to remind them.
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

I would start calling or texting people you haven't heard from ASAP. If you don't hear from them 3 days from then, send another text or call saying you'll count them as a no.

• Kristina
    Master August 2018
    Kristina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I'd reach out to people.

Sometimes RSVPs get lost in the mail, so they may have said "yes" and you wouldn't know, so they'll show up and you won't have a place for them because you didn't follow up. ALWAYS follow up, even if they aren't VIPs.

• Jennifer
    Super December 2019
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

Definitely call them and get a definite answer - you dont want to have people show up that you dont have food or space for.

• Nemo
    VIP August 2018
    Nemo ·
    • Flag

Definitely call to get an answer. We invited 172 and were still missing responses for 40 people by the time our RSVP date passed.

This was the script we used:

"Hi! FH and I are just making sure our wedding invitation made it to you. We are getting close to our date now and have to submit final numbers. If you are able to attend, please let us know no later than Friday, July 13th. If we don't hear from you by then, we will assume you are unable to attend and we will miss you at the wedding!"

• B
    Expert September 2018
    Brittany ·
    • Flag

My plan is to follow up at least once and let them know if we don't hear back we will consider it a no.... we don't have time to be calling everyone multiple times who may end up being flaky! We sent our invites out last Monday and already have 51 yes and 7 decline - 184 to go lol we expected a lot at first and a lot near our Aug 15th date which gives us 2 weeks to track people down! Most people who don't RSVP at all will likely be a decline is what I have heard... I fully expect my brothers (ushers) to forget to reply lol

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics