Amanda
Dedicated June 2019

Favors...yes or no

Amanda, on May 7, 2019 at 12:01 PM

Posted in Planning 38

So, my fiance and I originally planned on doing small boxes of candy from a local shop as favors, but as you all know, things start to add up! When I asked him about it this morning he suggested we just skip it and save over $300. Thoughts? I know many of my friends originally mentioned that favors...

So, my fiance and I originally planned on doing small boxes of candy from a local shop as favors, but as you all know, things start to add up! When I asked him about it this morning he suggested we just skip it and save over $300. Thoughts? I know many of my friends originally mentioned that favors are becoming less popular and not a big deal. Thanks!!!

38 Comments

• Erika
    Expert April 2019
    Erika
    View Quoted Comment
    We counted the photobooth strips as our favors! It works great! 馃槉
  • Furture Mrs. G
    Expert September 2019
    Furture Mrs. G

I spent $48 on 150 koozies and my cousin is going to customize them for the wedding. It seems like the least expensive thing to do. Most people use Koozies so that is why I thought to do that. Also their keepsakes for the people who are close to us.

• C
    Dedicated September 2019
    Cardioqueen

I'm in the same situation and am torn about this! My original plan for our wedding was to give out small bottles of maple syrup -- we got engaged in VT and are having a Sunday brunch wedding, so these seemed appropriate.

Favors...yes or no 1

I still really love these but once we factor in shipping, it's probably $500 we don't need to spend. For now the plan is just to give out take-home boxes at our cookie table (PGH IN THE HOUSE) so guests can take cookies home, but I would love to find spare $ for these additional favors!

• Laura
    Rockstar October 2019
    Laura

They aren't necessary unless its something you really want to have. If I bother to do them it'll be something edible. I"m thinking mini apple pies if anything at all. I've been to so many weddings where the favor is just left behind

• Ivie
    Just Said Yes May 2019
    Ivie
    View Quoted Comment
    Those are so cool! They鈥檙e personal for you as the maker and for the guest as they choose which to keep.
  • JENNIFER
    Super May 2019
    JENNIFER
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you ! I also put on the bottom of the wine glasses a monogram with out wedding date. That way when they are drinking they will see it. They were a big hit. I鈥檓 glad cause it took a minute to get them done. Good luck on your favors.

Favors...yes or no 2
  • Ivie
    Just Said Yes May 2019
    Ivie
    View Quoted Comment
    Nice! My FMIL is baking a bunch of her most delicious chocolate chip cookies in the world as our favors. We鈥檙e bagging them up, leaving them next to the sparklers for the exit, and hoping there are still more left over at the end of the night.
  • Bridget
    VIP August 2019
    Bridget

We will be doing mini pies that I found at walmart for 50 cents each! The expensive part will be getting boxes to customize and make them look more fancy lol

• JENNIFER
    Super May 2019
    JENNIFER
    View Quoted Comment
    Yummy! Chocolate chip cookies are always so delicious!! We had these accent cookies made for the kids at the wedding since they can鈥檛 have wine or beer glasses. Had them on a stand in front of our Ferris wheel of cupcakes.

Favors...yes or no 3

Favors...yes or no 4
  • JENNIFER
    Super May 2019
    JENNIFER
    View Quoted Comment
    Food is always a great favor! They can eat it on the way home !!
  • Bridget
    VIP August 2019
    Bridget
    View Quoted Comment

Yes! If it wasn't going to be mini pies it was going to be a s'more kit or candy/ caramel apples! mini pies just seems to be the most affordable and least time consuming!

• Amber
    Dedicated June 2020
    Amber
    I want to do koozies for mine but what I鈥檝e noticed is people care about the food and the music
  • Paula
    Super September 2019
    Paula

We are skipping favors and using that money on extra appetizers during cocktail hour. I don't think anyone will miss them.

• Sexypoodle
    Super October 2020
    Sexypoodle
    Skip it! Most favors are something that people think of getting with the last few pennies they have in their budget. And typically the favors looks just like that鈥 a cheap afterthought. So save the money and the waste.
  • Lori
    Beginner July 2019
    Lori

We got these cute little jars at Hobby Lobby and then ordered these stickers online for only about $10. The set of stickers that has a picture was of when he proposed. We ended up putting silver glitter on the lids then the top sticker. We put Hershey Kisses in them. We spent a total of about $75 for it all. I was looking for other stuff online but the stuff was to expensive.

Our Wedding FavorsFavors...yes or no 5

FavorsFavors...yes or no 6

• Lenaya
    Dedicated January 2020
    Lenaya

Favors are definitely not a necessity! for us we are having a hosted bar which could be considered a favor/gift for our guests! i wanted to do koozies, cups or shot glasses but i thought more about it and decided that everything we are providing is enough! people should just appreciate being a part of your day!

• Quinta Nikkole
    Dedicated May 2019
    Quinta Nikkole
    We got candy from the dollar/bulk stores and filled boxes that my grandmother had gotten traced out and what not.
  • Alhina
    Devoted August 2019
    Alhina
    I am debating on wedding favors also. Actually I had the same idea with candy boxes.

Comment on this discussion