Narali
Savvy August 2019

Father & daughter dance

Narali, on February 10, 2019 at 9:10 PM Posted in Planning 0 9
Saved Save
My father and I aren’t close, at all actually. He left us at a very young age and he’s been in my life here and there but not how a father should be. He’s coming from Colombia because he wants to walk me. I felt bad and said okay as long as my mom is right on the other side walking me too. So since he’s going to be in my wedding I don’t know what’s a good song to dance to with him ? I hear a lot of cute songs such as
my princess, my little girl, and butterfly kisses. But all these cute songs are things I have never experienced with my dad. Help anyone ?

9 Comments

• M
    Mim ·
    I wouldn't dance with him at all. Spotlight dances get to be pretty boring for the guests, stick with one with your fs and call it a day.
  • Kiki
    Super May 2019
    Kiki ·

Agree with Mim skip the dance all together they are boring and if he really hasn't been around no need to give him that attention.

FH and I are not doing any dances.

• K
    Super November 2019
    Kayla ·
    I agree with Mom and Kiki, skip the dance with Dad all together. The first dance with the hubby is a good kickoff. I do however plan on having a dance with FH and my mom. She will be walking me down the isle and it feels natural to have a dance with her as well.
  • K
    Super November 2019
    Kayla ·
    Sorry stupid auto correct, I meant Mim! I'm sorry!
  • Emily
    Dedicated April 2020
    Emily ·
    I would also skip the dance with Dad. Maybe you could have a sweet mother/daughter dance instead? I'm all for thinking outside the box and doing what feels right! Are you set on being traditional? Would a dance with Dad mean something to you?
  • Anonnn
    Dedicated May 2020
    Anonnn ·

That sounds just like my father. You're way sweeter than I am because I'm not even having my father walk me down the aisle, my brother is walking me. My father will just be a guest. This would be my suggestion though

Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World"

It's not specific to father/daughter

• Narali
    Savvy August 2019
    Narali ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah just cause I know it’ll hurt him seeing dance with my mom and not him
  • Michelle
    Devoted August 2019
    Michelle ·
    You should definitely dance with your father. Yes he left when you were younger but he’s still your dad.. have both your parents walk you down. He is traveling in to be with you on your special day. There’s a bunch of songs ask your Dj see what they can come up with best of luck best wishes on your big day
  • HayMrsO
    Master October 2018
    HayMrsO ·

"The Way You Look Tonight" Frank Sinatra's version is kind of upbeat and light. Perfect for "non-mushy" dances.

Comment on this discussion