M
Dedicated September 2018

Eating the day of

Marissa, on May 8, 2018 at 7:17 AM Posted in Planning 0 24
Saved Save
Does anyone know what they are eating and feeding everyone the day of the wedding for breakfast and lunch?

24 Comments

• J
    Expert June 2018
    Jamie ·
    • Flag
    I have one bridesmaid thats vegan and another one that can't eat gluten. So all I know is what I'm eating for breakfast and lunch lol
  • Bailey
    Super March 2019
    Bailey ·
    • Flag
    I will probably order a subway platter for my girls and I to eat at lunch, and I’ll likely have oatmeal for breakfast (keeps me full and won’t hurt my stomach).
  • ThePeoplesBride
    VIP October 2020
    ThePeoplesBride ·
    • Flag
    No idea. I'm hoping a restaurant that caters to a variety of diets opens up in the area within the year and a half that I have to figure it out. One of my BMs is vegan and it has been difficult to find options that work for everyone close to my venue. We might just have to order separate meals through our venue's kitchen.
  • Adriana
    Expert October 2017
    Adriana ·
    • Flag
    I had bagels, fruit, and mimosas for breakfast and a sandwich platter with veggies for lunch. We started getting ready at 8am and reception wasn’t until 6pm, so we needed to eat multiple times.
  • futurehappybride
    Dedicated September 2018
    futurehappybride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh I like the sound of that! I'm still trying to figure this out myself haha
  • Munchkin9218
    Master September 2018
    Munchkin9218 ·
    • Flag

We're ordering breakfast through our venue. Most likely a fruit tray, breakfast sandwich tray and possibly a pastry/bagel tray. Plus mimosas

I would suggest sticking to things that are hearty but not overly greasy. That last thing you want to feel on your wedding day is bloated and weighed down.

• The Nuptials
    VIP July 2018
    The Nuptials ·
    • Flag
    Panera lunch for all while we get ready and will have a charcuterie board available during family/friend pics.
  • F
    Expert September 2018
    FutrureMrsA ·
    • Flag
    The hotel we’re getting ready at has some packages for food, breakfast we will probably do fruit and pastries and lunch probably a sandwich platter. And mimosas too of course
  • Mrs. H
    Master September 2019
    Mrs. H ·
    • Flag

Following for ideas!

• Happy Hedgie
    VIP September 2018
    Happy Hedgie ·
    • Flag

Breakfast will be an egg casserole, bagels, fresh fruit, etc.

Lunch will probably be a meat and cheese platter with rolls, wraps, etc. so everyone can make their own sandwich. I may do hummus and veggies too.

I'll also have snacks out all day for people to snack on like the leftover fruit from breakfast, pretzels, mixed nuts, m&ms, Twizzlers, etc.

• RPMOB18
    June 2018
    RPMOB18 ·
    • Flag

Our venue has a house we can use for the day for getting ready etc. I am having Panera delivered for lunch along with cold drinks throughout the day for the ladies. The men will be at the hotel which is walking distance from many restaurants so they will probably go there. I like the charcuterie idea for later in the day prior to the ceremony. At least I know people will eat something before the wedding starts.

• Future Mrs M
    Super June 2018
    Future Mrs M ·
    • Flag

We are staying at a manor that is a bed and breakfast, so they will be providing a breakfast buffet. Then, we are ordering Panera lunches to be delivered.

• DC Wife 10.27.18
    Master October 2018
    DC Wife 10.27.18 ·
    • Flag

My stepdaughters and I are going to order from Uber Eats when we get to the hotel since FH and I are splitting with our kids in the morning (I'll have his girls, he'll have my boys) but we will be in the same hotel. Some of my girlfriends may come hang out too. I am not planning anything big. Def a couple mimosas..ahem...for the nerves. Smiley shame

• M
    Devoted May 2018
    Monnie ·
    • Flag
    We narrowed it down to jimmy johns, or pizza....lol something that delivers
  • Lisa
    Devoted October 2018
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    Thinking we will grab a fruit and cheese tray and some coffee for the morning! (Not a big breakfast person) and something light for lunch like Panera, don't want to feel all bloated in my dress, also I have anxiety and it's hard to eat when your stomach is in knots and heart is beating out of your chest lol
  • AD2AP
    VIP June 2018
    AD2AP ·
    • Flag

We are doing a party sub for day of, along with fruit trays and veggie trays with chips.

• S
    Dedicated August 2017
    Sarabear ·
    • Flag
    I had Starbucks on the way to the venue. Our venue included a tray with cheeses, fruits, and tea sandwiches. And one bottle of champagne. T o be honest, it was subpar for the amount I paid for it. A handful of fruit, standard bland cheese squares (grocery store spread), and very very little tea sandwiches for six girls. I am always hangry (ask H) and I like to drink so I knew I would need to eat more than that. We ended up ordering several chicken finger and fries plates from the venues kitchen (they originally wouldn't let us until we told them we were getting delivery).
  • MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·
    • Flag

No clue lol. I'm sure I'll end up having lunch with a few friends and my mom but I want to have a nice quiet breakfast in our hotel room.

• A
    Dedicated November 2018
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

We're thinking Panera Bread + Mimosas or Bellinis.

• Brittany
    Master April 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Might have to steal this Panera idea!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics