Sam
Master August 2024

Do you go to sleep angry at each other?

Sam, on December 18, 2018 at 11:05 AM Posted in Family and Relationships 0 161
Saved

Do you have those nights where you just can’t let it go and fall asleep angry? Or do you always kiss and make-up before going to bed? Do you never, always, or sometimes go to sleep angry at each other?

Do you go to sleep angry at each other? 1

Next Question: Do you go to weddings solo?

Start from the Beginning: Never, Always, or Sometimes?

161 Comments

Latest activity by Traci, on December 15, 2019 at 1:19 AM
  • Alexandra
    VIP June 2019
    Alexandra ·
    • Flag
    Never!!! Learned this one from my parents.
  • Jennifer
    Master September 2018
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

No! Never, I could never sleep if we are angry and don't settle an argument before bed.

• D
    Super September 2019
    Dana ·
    • Flag
    NEVER go to bed mad is a rule in our house
  • FutureMrsKC
    Master January 2019
    FutureMrsKC ·
    • Flag

Never. We talk about everything and we are hardly ever truly angry at each other anyhow.

• PurdyAikey
    Super January 2019
    PurdyAikey ·
    • Flag

Maybe sometimes but usually if it I am angry because I need to take a nap (like a child), but we don't fight often. I always tell him I love him I just need a nap or food!

• Angerra
    VIP August 2019
    Angerra ·
    • Flag
    I would be lying if I say never. However, we try to resolve any issues before bed.
  • Alyssa
    Super July 2019
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    Nope, but I can't remember ever having an argument that could even lead to going to bed angry. We don't disagree often and when we do it's very minor.
  • Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's really sweet and certainly a great lesson to learn!

• Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's a great rule to have! It means you'll wake up in a clear state or mind!

• D
    Super September 2019
    Dana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thats a rule I’ve had since childhood ! My parents used this and they’ve been married for 28 years
  • Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Wow, that's really nice! It's great to hear that you have a really level-headed relationship!

• Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's amazing! I'm sure you take a lot of inspiration and influence from their relationship! Smiley heart

• D
    Super September 2019
    Dana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes 100% !!! My parents really are great ❤️
  • Nemo
    Master August 2018
    Nemo ·
    • Flag

Yup! We do. From a counseling perspective, there is absolutely nothing wrong with going to bed "angry." Often, it helps to clear your head and give you some perspective. I'm a big believer in going to bed if you need to sleep. Being exhausted, physically and mentally, is not going to make a conversation/argument more productive. We rarely fight, but we do bicker, and it is usually when we're tired.

• S
    Devoted May 2019
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    On very rare occasions we have, but not often. And it's not necessarily anger as it is annoyance.
  • Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's such a great point! Sometimes you're just so annoyed you want to go to sleep! Smiley xd

• Arkilia
    Super November 2021
    Arkilia ·
    • Flag
    We do, sometimes we will go a few nights depending on the argument... I'm usually the first to cave, I get silly and just hug and kiss him.. I can't be mad to long, life is too short.
  • Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's a really interesting point and you're so right! Many arguments stem from being tired!

• Kenisha
    Champion June 2019
    Kenisha ·
    • Flag
    Nope. We don’t fight that often but when we do we resolve it before the end of the night.
  • Becca
    Super August 2019
    Becca ·
    • Flag
    Never. Then again, we have been together for 2 and a half years, and still have yet to have our first actual fight, but when we do have little disagreements, we would never go to bed annoyed or angry

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics