Kelly
Legend October 2022

Do you believe in soulmates?

Kelly, on October 17, 2018 at 11:05 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 39
Saved Save

Are you a believer in romantic destiny? The ideology that everyone in the world has a soulmate? One perfect person out there just for you??

Time to confess if you’re a hopeless romantic! Do you believe in soulmates?

gA-0-S8DlIWzF6mYPYPzBwjugbyihu5loitk1lho

Check out these other community discussions to talk more about your SO: Are you and your fiance(e) more similar or different and What does your SO do that drives you crazy !

39 Comments

• FutureMrsKC
    Master January 2019
    FutureMrsKC ·
    • Flag

Absolutely but I don't think we all have just one.

Assuming I never moved to FL for college, and never met FH I think I still would have gotten married in the future to someone else. There are SO many people on this planet, there is absolutely no way you are only perfectly connected to one.

Another example, widows who find love again, if their soulmate passes and they re-marry, were they not meant to be with the second person?

I 100% believe there are people out there who suit you best, who were "made" to be with you, someone who is your perfect match. But I definitely think there is more than 1 person. This world is too big.

• Victorian Bride
    VIP June 2026
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    A definite YES!! I'm a hopeless romantic and so is he. It took me awhle to find my "forever person and soulmate", but I'm so glad I did.
  • Nisa
    Super March 2019
    Nisa ·
    • Flag

I don't believe in soulmates. I have a very complicated philosophy on this, but basically, it's like How I Met Your Mother. I'll try not to get into spoilers haha, but the main character is a big believer in destiny and soulmates and all that jazz. But his wife comes along when he least expected her. Some would say that's the definition of a soulmate, but I look at it a little differently. Basically, every action that we do or don't take has consequences. Who we love, and how we end up with them, isn't the result of some predestined path, it's on us. But I also believe, per How I Met Your Mother, that everything has a way of working out!

• Happily Ever Mrs. H
    VIP October 2018
    Happily Ever Mrs. H ·
    • Flag

Honestly, I do not.

I think that some people are very fortunate to find others they are extremely compatible with, have a lot of thing in common with, have similar virtues and outlooks on life, and willing to put in the work to make their relationship work, etc. But I do not think that there is someone for everyone at there, or that certain people are "destined" to be together. I think that our universe is completely random and not fated at all.

That being said, when two people find love and passion in one another, that is a truly beautiful thing, and I do believe in love, and that you can fall in love with many different people over your lifespan for different reasons.

• Happily Ever Mrs. H
    VIP October 2018
    Happily Ever Mrs. H ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yes, I completely agree with that sentiment. We end up with people strictly due to circumstance, not fate.

• Gen
    Master June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    My FH is 100% a believer in soulmates. He asked me once if I believed in soulmates and I very quickly and firmly said “no,” and he asks “so does that mean you don’t think we’re destined to be together?”

My answer: no, I don’t think we’re together because it’s written in the stars or because the universe wants us to be. I think we’re together because we choose to be together, because we work hard at our relationship and we WANT to be together. Isn’t that MORE romantic than being told to by the universe?

(He liked that answer, haha)
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP June 2026
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    P.S. This is going to sound odd. I'm a Christian, but I still believe we may have had past lives. It's a long drawn out theory and I won't bore you with the details. My FH and I feel as if we've met before. Like we've known each other in the past, like the 1800's, and may have been husband and wife, betrothed, or a close bond. Again, we are hopeless romantics and I'm sure we seem silly. 💕
  • Happily Ever Mrs. H
    VIP October 2018
    Happily Ever Mrs. H ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yes! I agree that it's way more romantic than being destined, lol

• Swtnss238
    VIP May 2019
    Swtnss238 ·
    • Flag
    Yes I do. I truly believe there is no other man on this earth that could love me like FH does. No one I could get along with and bond with the way we have. No one else on earth is him. No one can talk to me or touch me or understand me or LOVE me the exact way he can. Im 40, will be 41 in 2 weeks. I have been around the block a time or two. I swore I would never marry and I was fine with it. FH was my first love in high school. At 15 I knew he would be in my life some how forever. I adored him and he adored me at a very low point in my life. Well no we broke up and went our separate ways. Years go by of me telling my kids stories about my first love. Until 22 years I found him on FB. The connection was unreal and here we r 3 and a half yrs later, 7 months away from our forever. He is my soulmate!!
  • JustKidding
    VIP April 2018
    JustKidding ·
    • Flag

Kinda of.

I think soul mates can be a partner or a best friend. I don't think their is just one for a person.

• Becca
    Devoted October 2019
    Becca ·
    • Flag
    I don't. I think love is a choice we make and it's a lot of work. There are some people who will make the choice and put in the work with you and some that won't. Now that I'm with FH I can't imagine being with anyone else, but the world doesn't stop turning. I have loved others who weren't willing to put in the work or weren't compatible. I've gotten a lot of judgments from people in some of my circles for marrying a non Christian because "God may have a believer waiting for me." I put my faith in God and he has faith in me. It's a two way street. Destiny is very one way and I just don't see the world that way.
  • Jennifer
    Master September 2018
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

Yes 100% believe in destiny and soulmates. I knew H back 20 years ago there was always something pulling us together but we never got together. He was someone through the years when I didn't see or hear from him, would always be in the back of my head and it would drive me crazy! We are soulmates & we were destined. We reconnected via Facebook after my divorce and when I finally felt like my son was old enough that I could start dating, he had just ended a 10 year relationship right around the same time.

• WeddingCruiser2019
    Devoted January 2019
    WeddingCruiser2019 ·
    • Flag

Yes 100% - I truly don't think anyone else besides my FH is as compatible for me and if I didn't meet him I think I would have remained single.

• Taylor
    Devoted May 2019
    Taylor ·
    • Flag

FH and I totally do. We are also Christians so we believe God brought us together. It took 4 years for FH to know that I even liked him or that he liked me Smiley xd but one day when I walked through the door, FH said that God raised his head to see me and He whispered "That's her, she's the one" Smiley cry Smiley heart and that just further proved it to me! Because here we are, getting married next spring! So yes, I absolutely proudly believe in soulmates.

• AQuixoticBride
    VIP July 2018
    AQuixoticBride ·
    • Flag

I absolutely don't believe in soulmates. I also believe that you can fall in love with and love just about anyone given will, time, and mutual respect. DH, though, believes in past lives, etc. and that you meet people over and over again. He assumes that we've known each other before.

• Lisa
    Devoted October 2018
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    Yes I do and so does FH. We connect on such a deep level. We get each other, we can feel each others feelings and almost know what the other one is thinking or feeling. We are each others soulmate.

I believe that people can find others and fall in love and do the work to make a relationship work and be very happy and not be soulmates.

I'm just over the moon happy that I found my soulmate because our relationship is like non other.
  • Mrs. Sarantos
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. Sarantos ·
    • Flag
    Definitely no. But I do believe in working on your relationship and being good to each other every day.
  • Kelly
    Legend October 2022
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

This is exactly how I feel about it!! I totally think we have multiple soulmates out there and some of them might not even be your SO, they could even be your best friend!

• Kelly
    Legend October 2022
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Such a good reference, I totally understand that! He didn't even see her coming! I agree with the actions leading to different situations, for example choosing where to go to college or move to could have a huge impact on the people you meet!

• Kelly
    Legend October 2022
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Not silly at all! My best friend and her SO believe this, too. They say it's a feeling they can't explain but it's like they're always meant to find each other in their new lives!

Comment on this discussion