T. Nacole
Savvy June 2014

DIY...Bouquets Pics needed

T. Nacole, on July 30, 2013 at 3:08 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 17
Saved Save

So I am trying to cut cost by doing alot of DIY projects myself. I have attempted to make my centerpieces, which came out pretty good!!! Now I am thinking of flowers. I don't want a huge part of my budget to go to flowers so I am thinking silk ones for mine bouquet ( I am doing 2 for myself) and then for the BM's. The Groom, Groomsmen, MIL will have real flowers pinned on... Does anyone have any suggestions on how to tackle this... I have 10 months before my wedding but I would like to do a few trial runs before time sneaks up on me. Pictures., website greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

17 Comments

• Marlina A.
    Master September 2013
    Marlina A. ·
    • Flag

I am doing my own bouquets. I just started looking for flowers that go together in the colors I wanted. I played around with it to design something cute. Got the BM's down packed but still have to figure mine out. I'm sorry I dont have any pics yet.

• Mrs.Rebeiro
    Master April 2014
    Mrs.Rebeiro ·
    • Flag

Here's the beginnings of them.. Still have to add a few more flowers and wrap them Smiley smile

• T. Nacole
    Savvy June 2014
    T. Nacole ·
    • Flag

Marlina did you use silk flowers?

• T. Nacole
    Savvy June 2014
    T. Nacole ·
    • Flag

Soon To Be Mrs R., those are beautiful....How did you get started...where did U get the flowers from?

• Marlina A.
    Master September 2013
    Marlina A. ·
    • Flag

Actually no. I ordered some fake roses and I was surprised by how nice they look. Some look very cheap but mine are nice.

• T. Nacole
    Savvy June 2014
    T. Nacole ·
    • Flag

Marlina, where did you order them from?

• D1
    Master October 2013
    D1 ·
    • Flag

I used the real touch roses from Hobby Lobby. Saving the money was not why I did my own however and I maybe saved a little bit.

#1 is my bouquet

#2 is my MOH and my BM bouquets

#3 is the close up of the mock up of my MOH's bouquet before I wrapped it.

• Marlina A.
    Master September 2013
    Marlina A. ·
    • Flag

It was a website where it was a bouquet that was already done up. The colors were what I was looking for so I bought 3 and took them apart to add the filler flowers which I bought at some Mega warehouse store in my area. I can not remember the site's name right now but I can look when I get home. What are your colors? The bouquet I ordered was white, cream and a light pink

• T. Nacole
    Savvy June 2014
    T. Nacole ·
    • Flag

D1 those are gorgeous!!!!

• T. Nacole
    Savvy June 2014
    T. Nacole ·
    • Flag

Marlina my colors are watermelon & guava. I am pretty sure I can make them on my own just need some ideas, or websites

• Marlina A.
    Master September 2013
    Marlina A. ·
    • Flag

Go to youtube and look at DIY wedding bouquet tutorials

• Marlina A.
    Master September 2013
    Marlina A. ·
    • Flag

I also just googled DIY bouquets to see what style I liked

• D1
    Master October 2013
    D1 ·
    • Flag

Thank you. I agree with Marlina! Videos and tutorials - it really was not not hard to do them. Now I am trying to decide if I want to do the boy's bouts or just buy them.

• Candice B.
    Master July 2013
    Candice B. ·
    • Flag

These are my DIY flowers! The top left are the boutonnieres before I cut them and added the safety pins, the bottom left is my bouquet, the right are a few of my bridesmaids bouquets. They aren't silk, they are real flowers I bought wholesale so they were REALLY cheap. Under $200 for all of them and I got 3 or so boxes full.

• Candice B.
    Master July 2013
    Candice B. ·
    • Flag

Here's a pic with of them on my wedding day. (Hope you can see them)

• T. Nacole
    Savvy June 2014
    T. Nacole ·
    • Flag

Candice those are beautiful!!! I will look on YouTube for some tutorials. Thanks everyone!

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    Shannan ·
    • Flag

I am so fortunate enough to be the daughter of a mom and father who own their own wedding decorating business. So my wedding will most definitely be a DIY!! After years of helping them out, my best advice would not only be videos but your go with your gut!! Get inspired and just go with it. My dad was definitely a got with anything person. He would just pick random flowers and make something beautiful. Whereas, my mom is definitely traditional, she would got to the 3 rose triangle design which is the basics for most bouquets and arrangement. Just play around with something at the store, it will come to you!!!

Comment on this discussion