FutureMrsNoel
VIP September 2014

Can I see your DIY save the dates? Please: )

FutureMrsNoel, on December 18, 2013 at 6:56 AM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 27
Saved Save

Well it's nearing the time I start to create the save the dates. Only issues is do I make em myself or just order the damn things. We have a 30% off coupon for davids bridal an 100 are $53 that's with shipping and blank envelopes. I'm not sure if what to do so I wanna see some DIY items and see how nice they turned out! Thanks!

27 Comments

• Niecy Sparkles
    VIP August 2014
    Niecy Sparkles ·
    • Flag

Tying the knot. Made from scratch

• FutureMrsNoel
    VIP September 2014
    FutureMrsNoel ·
    • Flag

That's so cute! Were they costly?

• Maria DiFiore
    December 2019
    Maria DiFiore ·
    • Flag

Some ideas

• Hayley
    Super July 2014
    Hayley ·
    • Flag

Vistaprint! We got 200 for $30. There are coupons all over the internet. I think I have a 20% off coupon code you can have.

We did postcards which made postage cheaper

• Hayley
    Super July 2014
    Hayley ·
    • Flag

Vistaprint! We got 200 for $30. There are coupons all over the internet. I think I have a 20% off coupon code you can have.

We did postcards which made postage cheaper

• N
    Master September 2014
    Now I'm Mrs_M ·
    • Flag

Magnets with a homemade band.

ETA: I purchased 2 $15 Groupons for $45 worth of merchandise from VP. I got 90 magnets, self inking stamp, and some address labels for $0.98 + shipping. The kraft cardstock for the bands cost me roughly $6. I designed and printed them at home.

• Ashley
    VIP September 2014
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

I sent mine out yesterday..

• Out the Window
    Master May 2014
    Out the Window ·
    • Flag

Aww Niecy! How cute!

• KristenMeowza
    Master October 2014
    KristenMeowza ·
    • Flag

Our Save the Date magnets. These should arrive tomorrow.

We previously ordered 2 other designs as well that we already started mailing out: Hockey themed and regular portrait... I like variety. Smiley smile

Edit: I designed the layouts in Photoshop and ordered them as large magnets on Vistaprint.

• H
    Just Said Yes October 2017
    Haley ·
    • Flag

I design custom Save the Date and Invitations, check them out! http://haleybock.wix.com/designportfolio

• FutureMrsNoel
    VIP September 2014
    FutureMrsNoel ·
    • Flag

I found some on davids bridal. They are 54 for 100 with blank envelopes. Do we think this is a good price or look else where?

• Kayla
    VIP September 2014
    Kayla ·
    • Flag

Almost date twin!

That's a really good price for a professional service.

I think you should go that route unless you want to DIY them

• The Mrs R
    Master May 2014
    The Mrs R ·
    • Flag

That price isn't bad at all. I ordered 50 save the date magnets from Vista Print for $40. I designed them myself on Microsoft Word.

• Nay
    Master August 2014
    Nay ·
    • Flag

Designed ours on Paper Direct. Spent $66.90 for 50 and that included tax, shipping and the envelopes which I had to order separately. They are magnets and weren't too heavy. Was able to use regular postage Smiley smile

• FutureMrsNoel
    VIP September 2014
    FutureMrsNoel ·
    • Flag

Davids bridal pricing doesn't look to shabby lol. I guess 54 shipped for 100 is decent and they are nice!

I'm so tired I just realized I told Yins the price 3 times!! Hey guys they are 54 for 100 haha sorry everyone!!

• Kasey C.
    Super May 2016
    Kasey C. ·
    • Flag

Mine cost less than $50, for cardstock (two different kinds), markers, double sided tape, twine, and pictures i printed out at walmart. and that was for about 50+ handouts.

sorry for the glare!

• Miss P.
    Master September 2014
    Miss P. ·
    • Flag

Hey! We have the same wedding date! I just got mine the other day. I went through Vista Print on Black Friday. I paid like $6 for 10 cards. I don't plan to really go big on save the dates though so I only made like 20 for the older folks and OOT guests. Blank envelopes were free.

Here's mine below. I forgot to add "Formal Invite to follow" whoops!

• FutureMrsNoel
    VIP September 2014
    FutureMrsNoel ·
    • Flag

We are thinking about going with these ones. Not sure if I wanna add anything to make them unique or leave them alone! Lol

• L
    Just Said Yes August 2014
    LaKeya ·
    • Flag

I did mine right on Walgreens website. Got 120 for 44 bucks.

• ECM
    Master November 2013
    ECM ·
    • Flag

Ours was shaped like a luggage tag since we did a DW. It also had a magnetic poker chip as well. It took me a long, long time to do these.

Comment on this discussion